CTrain - U2 cars Retirement Watch

LRT

On 4/29/2021 at 8:57 AM, chills_on_the_train said:

U2 consist going west through downtown on Blue Line just now. I was going the other way so didn't catch numbers but I think the last one was 2043.

It's 2043-2038-2056 and it's out this afternoon too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 6:26 PM, LRT said:

Oh? Like this one? 

(I went through all the necessary steps to acquire these parts through Calgary Transit)

6C3D6AE6-8E91-4A8E-9280-FCDB353148A4.jpeg

I seen this post awhile back and my friend who is a bigger transit fan than myself tasked me with building the little bar with the horn, bell and Deadman buttons (yeah I'm sure it has a name) on it for a U2 simulator he's building. How hard would it be for me to acquire one of these from a retired U2? The only insiders I talk to are the ones on this forum. 

3 hours ago, nsCEO said:

I seen this post awhile back and my friend who is a bigger transit fan than myself tasked me with building the little bar with the horn, bell and Deadman buttons (yeah I'm sure it has a name) on it for a U2 simulator he's building. How hard would it be for me to acquire one of these from a retired U2? The only insiders I talk to are the ones on this forum. 

Depends on the items but it’s usually pretty easy. Go on the 311 site and send a service request regarding “Bus/CTrain maintenance” asking nicely for what you need. It may take several weeks or longer for them to get back to you (if they even have the stuff you need available) but once they do they’ll most likely send you to the city surplus store in Manchester to pick the stuff up. 

3 hours ago, nsCEO said:

If I could I would gladly help you out but I just don’t have the time right now. Only 4 phillips screws hold that thing there. I’ve already got permission to pull out parts from the retired cars. 

NO CHARGE!! lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LRT said:

If I could I would gladly help you out but I just don’t have the time right now. Only 4 phillips screws hold that thing there. I’ve already got permission to pull out parts from the retired cars. 

NO CHARGE!! lol

Need to go in on a day off and pull a bunch of stuff, there's a lot of eager beavers on here, including myself ahaha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blake M said:

There was a U2 consist on the Red Line this morning, one of the cars was 2013

There were two of them, both out of Haysboro. One broke down at Anderson after 2 minutes in service.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, chills_on_the_train said:

There was a time these didn't run at all. Now two sets are out at once. Is this because of increasing demand (though no one's talked about frequency changes yet) or covering for SD160 refurbishments?

It has to do with getting these antiques ready for the beefed up Stampede service.

• Like 4