Jump to content
LRT

CTrain - U2 cars Retirement Watch

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Gsgeek540 said:

2026, 2065, 2075 and 2079 are scrap.

 

41 left.

Wow! I thought they're only scrapping 20 cars. I guess they want to push the series 10 purchase... That's going to be years away.

Half the U2 fleet has been wiped out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a "push" (that is, deliberate decision not to repair or to allow accelerated decay) in hopes of creating a customer backlash and forcing politicians to fund replacement vehicles? Or is it an inability to fix because of the lack of parts and whatnot? Or maybe a bit of both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LRT said:

Wow! I thought they're only scrapping 20 cars. I guess they want to push the series 10 purchase... That's going to be years away.

Half the U2 fleet has been wiped out!

The purchase is years away, or the delivery?  I believe the Series 10 purchase is already going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 10:52 AM, CTrainDude said:

The purchase is years away, or the delivery?  I believe the Series 10 purchase is already going.

Not anymore.  Province halted funding for that so the city shelved the order for the Series 10's.  Those 40-ish U2's will have to be kept running a lot longer now...At least another 3 years until funding apparently comes available again.  :-<

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 8:52 PM, Jon Calon said:

Not anymore.  Province halted funding for that so the city shelved the order for the Series 10's.  Those 40-ish U2's will have to be kept running a lot longer now...At least another 3 years until funding apparently comes available again.  :-<

I predict we will have U2s tottering along until 2030 and will eventually buy Edmonton's before UCP will allow more S200 purchases.

OR by the time they do the S200 will be a discontinued model and we'll have to buy a new, incompatible design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...