School Bus 101

First Student Canada

51 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Spotted First 228214.  Notice the odd rainbow coloured seats in the interior.

First Student Canada 228214.jpg

I've seen green and blue seats, but never red or yellow... 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, School Bus 101 said:

Spotted 41002 earlier today. Apologies for cellphone quality pics; no DSLR with me at the time!

41002.jpg

Huh, neat find.  Nice to see they got it with LED taillights! 

Spotted a 2019 IC CE gasoline unit numbered 419499. Has LED lights all around and air-brakes as well! I messed up on the framing of the pics unfortunately...

Anyone have any guesses what First's new numbering system represents?

DSC_0076.thumb.JPG.f90fcb534e7632c26e0cd06b5d38511a.JPGDSC_0080.thumb.JPG.30b37f534130abefd64da6a92291c364.JPG

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, School Bus 101 said:

Spotted a 2019 IC CE gasoline unit numbered 419499. Has LED lights all around and air-brakes as well! I messed up on the framing of the pics unfortunately...

Anyone have any guesses what First's new numbering system represents?

Nice catch!

I am not too sure, sounds like they are not including the year in the bus number any more.  First now reminds me of Willco how they keep on numbering buses in different numbering systems every few years or so.  Well it’s better than the KB numbering system they’re using in Ontario and the JCJU numbering system in the USA!

Spotted First 101663, a 2010 second generation BlueBird Vision with a wheelchair lift.  It’s powered by a General Motors Vortec Propane engine, and it sounds pretty damn good!

DC4D6AA8-E7A7-4DAC-A130-179564130B3C.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Spotted First 101663, a 2010 second generation BlueBird Vision with a wheelchair lift.  It’s powered by a General Motors Vortec Propane engine, and it sounds pretty damn good!

Nice contrast having that former California unit in all the snow! 

• Haha 2

Spotted a NEW International School Bus in Toronto on the QEW heading towards Mississauga. It looked very clean and looks like it gotten windows. I dont know if it was comming from Eastway But it looked like it was Being delivered.

On 10/9/2018 at 2:13 PM, TechSpotlight said:

DC4D6AA8-E7A7-4DAC-A130-179564130B3C.jpeg

The Back Wheels are really small. Do they have to be like that? because Ontario Has the Normal size Wheels. He is the Ontario Blue Birds. Related image

9 hours ago, Happy Power said:

Spotted a NEW International School Bus in Toronto on the QEW heading towards Mississauga. It looked very clean and looks like it gotten windows. I dont know if it was comming from Eastway But it looked like it was Being delivered.

FSC in Ontario has gotten quite a number of new buses this school year, mostly due to a lot of new routes that they gained.  They got some new IC CEs, C2s, Visions and Microbird T-Series'.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

FSC in Ontario has gotten quite a number of new buses this school year, mostly due to a lot of new routes that they gained.  They got some new IC CEs, C2s, Visions and Microbird T-Series'.  

Ya I know I saw the tender out for Blue birds because Ontario is replacing the Old fleet with the New Ones!

55 minutes ago, Happy Power said:

The Back Wheels are really small. Do they have to be like that? because Ontario Has the Normal size Wheels. He is the Ontario Blue Birds. 

Keep in mind that this bus is originally from California.  My guess is because the bus is wheelchair lift equipped, it would be beneficial that the vehicle is lower to the ground for loading/unloading students in wheelchairs.  Notice the front wheels are smaller as well.  Quite a few of Calgary's FSC wheelchair-lift-equipped vehicles are like that.  Also might make that stupid hump by the wheel wells inside the bus smaller :) 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Keep in mind that this bus is originally from California.  My guess is because the bus is wheelchair lift equipped, it would be beneficial that the vehicle is lower to the ground for loading/unloading students in wheelchairs.  Notice the front wheels are smaller as well.  Quite a few of Calgary's FSC vehicles are like that.  Also might make that stupid hump by the wheel wells inside the bus smaller :) 

Thanks! I just noticed The Front were Also Small. I also Notice the same for the Mini Blue birds.