Winnipeg Transit #901-910 tracking (D40i Invero)

armorand

8 hours ago, DavidW said:

I don't have specific information but the Inveros as a group are close to if not all retired.

I was looking on the National Capital Region sub-forum and noticed that Ottawa is also retiring their D40i's so Winnipeg Transit is not the only agency retiring them.

On 3/20/2019 at 3:06 PM, Viafreak said:

I was looking on the National Capital Region sub-forum and noticed that Ottawa is also retiring their D40i's so Winnipeg Transit is not the only agency retiring them.

We're still keeping the vast majority for now. 82 out of 318 active Inveroes will be replaced with LFS models. We also have 91 more 40 foot buses coming (no specific time frame) so that will be 173 Inveroes replaced.

Furthermore, retirements are not specific to one batch. For example, if a 2004 is in better shape than a 2007 model Invero, the 2007 will be retired. Retirements are based on which need the most repairs. It's quite possible we'll see most of the newer Inveroes live on.

Retirements have already started and two are now gone.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Taylorover9001 said:

LFR's are garbage. Invero's were awesome.

These buses have many issues and many drivers are glad there gone I do enjoy the 200s on the LF buses but since it gets hot in wpg I do enjoy the AC on the LFR buses more so the 140-169, 601-640 and 800-830 but the inveros buses are not good in our hot climate especially without AC u can get bad heat stroke driving them in summer. 

6 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

These buses have many issues and many drivers are glad there gone I do enjoy the 200s on the LF buses but since it gets hot in wpg I do enjoy the AC on the LFR buses more so the 140-169, 601-640 and 800-830 but the inveros buses are not good in our hot climate especially without AC u can get bad heat stroke driving them in summer. 

You see, the LFs (actually down to one now) that I ride most often have AC. Best of both worlds.

And the major drawback of Winnipeg's Inveros is the absence of A/C. New Flyer didn't offer the Invero without A/C but Winnipeg Transit insisted. 

The opening part of the Invero's windows is too small to compensate for the lack of A/C so it's been Winnipeg Transit policy to park them out of service every summer.

As a passenger I also find the Winnipeg Inveros noisy inside. I think New Flyer had to chose smaller diameter passenger circulation air fans so to bring the volume of moving air back up they went with higher speed fans. The noise was annoying.

I also think the knee space for some of the forward-facing seats was too cramped. I'm not a tall person but my knees were jammed against the back of the seat it front of me.

The Invero looked kind of funky, and with only 10 (and no summer service) they were "exotic" from an enthusiasts perspective, but as a paying passenger there were several negatives.

• Like 1