Kit Kat

Halifax (metro) Transit.

1,013 posts in this topic

On 2006-10-14 at 7:51 PM, MaT said:

I have a question about Metro Transit. I know they have the 6 fishbowls, 3 D-30LFs and 14 classic artics. How much of the classics(regular), novas, and D40LFs do they have now? I can't find any *up to date* rosters for them. Last I heard for the D40LFs it was around 70.

1 person likes this

2017/2018 Service Plan is out:

http://halifax.ca/transit/_assets/documents/2017-18AnnualServicePlan.pdf

No ridership numbers for now, as they're changing their reporting processes and such.

Planned Route/Schedule Changes - 2017/18:

Route 6: Discontinued (Service area covered by NEW Route 9 + Route 22)

Route 9 (Barrington): Replaced by NEW Route 29. Increased service, especially on weekends. Service added to Bayers Rd. Centre and removed from lower parking lot at Point Pleasant Park (all trips end at Tower Rd. Turning Loop). Will service Water St. Terminal via Hollis and Lower Water St.

Routes 19/20: Replaced by NEW Corridor Route 9A (Greystone) and 9B (Herring Cove). Combined 10-15 min peak headway, 15-20 min off-peak, 30 min weekend/holiday. Current routing to be used, with shift in frequency (more trips between Greystone Dr. and Downtown, less between Greystone Dr. and Lancaster). No peak trips to Dockyard.

Route 22: Service discontinued to Exhibition Park.

NEW Route 194 - West Bedford Express: This new route will service Gary Martin Drive, Hammonds Plains Road, Innovation Drive, Broad Street, and Larry Uteck Boulevard West, with limited stops to downtown, ending at Summer Street at Bell Road

Route 330:  One additional AM and PM peak trip to and from Tantallon.

Route 370 (Change Effective May 29th): Two new stops added on Main Street (Main near Major/Gordon. and Main near the Black Cultural Centre). Also, service to/from Micmac Terminal as part of a six month pilot program.

Route 402: Discontinued (Low Ridership).

Alderney Ferry: To be reduced back to pre-Big Lift levels of service upon completion of the project. (Didn't city counsel agree to keep the increased service for six months to see if ridership stayed as high as it currently is? Or did they vote that down?)

In addition, if funding allows for additional changes to be made, then expect to see Route 86 converted into its Express Route version (Route 186, with increased service), and/or the introduction of Route 192 Southgate Express and/or Route 196 Larry Uteck Express.

1 person likes this

I wonder what happened to the guy in the wheelchair that says Halifax buses are unsafe for him? He holds up buses and causes a stink everywhere he goes, I was unlucky in encountering him 3 times holding up buses. 

Posted (edited)

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:41 PM, Bessarion said:

I wonder what happened to the guy in the wheelchair that says Halifax buses are unsafe for him? He holds up buses and causes a stink everywhere he goes, I was unlucky in encountering him 3 times holding up buses. 

I believe he ventured out to BC and/or Northern AB by car, discovered that welfare wasn't interested in picking up his tab and ended up in Quebec where he's complaining about the entire system (welfare, social housing) being against him. I suppose he might get some help if he wasn't so quick to yell at people and make accusations. Halifax Transit drivers must be enjoying the change of work environment, while Quebec civil servants are probably popping Tylenol like candy when he shows up in their offices.

Update: He's in Montreal and up to the same crap: 

Edited by jc.theriault
added youtube link

Hi Someone better edit wiki on the 2016-17 NovaBus LFS (with Cummins ISL9 & ZF 6AP1400B) to say 1208-1276.

and the D30LFs are retired I think. since Finn MacDonald said 1001 is the oldest bus in the fleet.

On 2017-06-01 at 9:50 PM, jc.theriault said:

Apparently he left for Sault Ste. Marie Ontario now and already got banned from the homeless shelter... lol 

The charter bus operator I'm working for in Nova Scotia needed to replace some bumpers on his Prevost coaches and after some research I discovered the rear bumper from a New Flyer D40LF will bolt right in place once the old steel mounting plate is removed on the Prevosts. While designed as a front bumper, flip it upside down and it's a back bumper assembly as supplied by Prevost, the same was done on MCI & Nova Bus Classics.

So the rear bumpers from 1018 & 1019 will live on as the replacements after we removed them over the past few days at the scrapyard. I also got the safety triangle kit out of 1019 for my own vehicle. The scrapyard is operating a new shredder so the GM cutaways and D40LFs towed in are reduced to tiny pieces within a day of arrival. They aren't salvaging anything once towed in... engines and all end up in the grinder once the grapple hook rips them into smaller pieces for the shredder.

On 2017-05-06 at 2:45 AM, Reginald Dantiste said:

Hi there! Sadly all of our first gen novas and NovaBus classics have retired this year, and now we are retiring 2002 D40LFs. We also bought 69 nova LFS. We have 30 more new novas coming this year.

On 2017-06-01 at 7:41 PM, Bessarion said:

I think hes homeless inlime Montreal. Our buses are 100% wheelchair safe

On 2006-08-27 at 11:58 PM, 2822 said:

Does anyone know how many Classics artics and d30lf`s Halifax transit has?

Thanks,

Brian

Sadly none 

Route and Schedule Adjustments - Effective August 21st, 2017:

(NEW) Route 194 - West Bedford Express - Four weekday AM (inbound) and PM (Outbound) trips between West Bedford / Larry Uteck (west of Hwy. 102) and downtown Halifax. Map Schedule

Route 330 - Last current AM trip to depart Tantallon at 8:00am (5 minutes earlier). Additional AM trip to depart Tantallon at 8:10am. No changes to PM trips from Halifax.

Route 402 - Service discontinued (low ridership)

School Specials - Service discontinued (low ridership / duplication by other routes)

It is also noted that departure times at North/Brunswick eastbound may change for multiple routes.