SMS

MPM-10

On 2016-06-26 at 9:21 AM, anyfong said:

There was another article that said two of the trains returned to service after the inspections, while a third one remained for repairs. Maybe that's dated again and all three are removed from service again.

I know at least one train is back in service. A co-worker of mine got on it around 7pm on a weeknight in the Snowdon to Namur vicinity.

Hey fellas. Got on 10-499 yesterday evening on the orange line with an operator friend of mine. He said that consist 50 is currently being put together and 51`s delivery is forthcoming. Currently there are six MPM-10 sets operating on the green line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday, a friend and I had the pleasure of seeing train 53 being tested (Essai en cours) on the green line (if you really want all the details, at Berri-UQAM direction Angrignon). There were no seats - I suppose these are only installed at Youville. Lots of crates of sandbags and various employees at the front and back of the train, as well as some tech wizards on laptops in the first car. I guess that we can expect MR-73 retirements to occur shortly if the MPM-10 trains will bump them out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SMS said:

Yesterday, a friend and I had the pleasure of seeing train 53 being tested (Essai en cours) on the green line (if you really want all the details, at Berri-UQAM direction Angrignon). There were no seats - I suppose these are only installed at Youville. Lots of crates of sandbags and various employees at the front and back of the train, as well as some tech wizards on laptops in the first car. I guess that we can expect MR-73 retirements to occur shortly if the MPM-10 trains will bump them out!

Has already started apparently, according to some contacts there is at least 1 full element retired in the Beaugrand Garage.

5 hours ago, SMS said:

Train 53 was delivered unfinished on purpose for testing. Crates with bags of gravel line both sides ofthe train inside to simulate passenger loads. The train is also wired so that the tech wizards can monitor and modify parameters with the train control. I had the opportunity to drive this train in testing a month ago. There is personnel from the STM, Alstom, Bombardier and Ansaldo on-board. At the time they were testing for the train tomake smoother stops at Plamondon and Cote saint Catherine and more precise stops at other stations. 

On another note, train 54 is assembled and is at Youville

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1