Sign in to follow this  
elib300

Comox Valley Transit System

Just earlier today I was wondering if I should try to make a stop in Comox so does anyone know how accurate the Wiki for Comox is? http://cptdb.ca/wiki..._Transit_System

It's mostly the same as the Wiki's roster right now, but a few of the buses have moved around... currently there should be 9059, 9060, 9083, 9084, 9279, 9280, 9282, 9283, 9906, 9914, 9915, 9948.

That is good idea because people could travel from Comox to Victoria with a couple of transfers between different systems. Why don't they include Campbell River in this connection plan?

I don't think so. The Cowichan Valley Commuter leaves between 5:30 and 6:30 AM and then sits for the day. Unless you Greyhound from Duncan to Victoria...

9 minutes ago, greblos said:

My goof!  I forgot there were three 30' plus three 35' Dennis on the roster.  0102 and I believe 9059, 9915 were in the shop simultaneously.  I've spotted 0102 back in service recently.  Of the three buses, one had an electrical fault, one had a transmission failure, and one had a major coolant leak.  As far as I know, one has been decommissioned and has been/will be sent to Victoria.  I'll see if I can confirm.

This is better place to have this discussion.

But, thank you for about what is happening in Comox fleet.

Time for some updates

Looking at the "NextRide" website for Comox Valley, 

4061 (30-ft Vicinity originally from Victoria) is now on Route 10 Fanny Bay/Downtown. My guess is it was transferred within this month. 

4469 (new 35-ft Vicinity)  is on Route 2 Cumberland/Anfield Centre. 

3 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Time for some updates

Looking at the "NextRide" website for Comox Valley, 

4061 (30-ft Vicinity originally from Victoria) is now on Route 10 Fanny Bay/Downtown. My guess is it was transferred within this month. 

4469 (new 35-ft Vicinity)  is on Route 2 Cumberland/Anfield Centre. 

I noticed 4060 on Nextride in Comox aswell a couple days ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rd320 said:

I noticed 4060 on Nextride in Comox aswell a couple days ago

I'll update 4060 in the Wiki 

Also, is Dart 9906 active? Or Dart 0102? Or Flyer 9724?

18 minutes ago, Matt Dunlop said:

I'll update 4060 in the Wiki 

Also, is Dart 9906 active? Or Dart 0102? Or Flyer 9724?

I don’t recall seeing any of those on Nextride so i’d say its likely they have been transfered or retired, though i have no way of confirming. If your updating the Wiki and feel inclined to do so, Whistler has been putting Nova 9415 to use again quite a bit in the last month or so. I’ll also be keeping an eye out in Whistler in the next month for the stored 1998 D40LF’s possibly being used for winter expansion as they have replaced the bike rack on 9816 with the newer Velporter 2 bike rack thats on the XN40’s and Novas there

• Like 1