Visiting Vancouver

emdx

Enjoy Vancouver !!! Too bad you're not staying longer. We are having a Trolley Supper that night. I think the day pass is $9.75.

Cool! I might be back next week with my family. I would love to check out the trolleys one day when I have more time!

PM me and we can meet up. I can introduce you to some ace trolley drivers !!!

That would be really cool! Very very tempting to do that today, I pretty much have a open ticket to return anytime today, but it makes for a long day I have been up since 4am already.

That would be really cool! Very very tempting to do that today, I pretty much have a open ticket to return anytime today, but it makes for a long day I have been up since 4am already.

I am busy today, but we do have a Trolley Supper tonight at 1830 hrs at BP on Broadway and Hemlock. The Canada Line at Broadway and Cambie is 5 minutes away by bus. You could 'meet 'n' eat and be at the airport in no time !!! A couple of Trolley Drivers will be there, and two or three 'fans'.

ok, im gonna be in van for 5 days starting around the 24th, what do yall reccomend

any TRAMS events?

thanks

Here's some suggestions-

Afternoon Transit Trip:

1) Take the first Mission bound West Coast Express, departing Waterfront at 3:50 PM.

2) Get off at Coquitlam Central, walk to the bus loop (you can take some time fanning)

Two options:

A) Take 160 to Burrard Station. Nice highway section, runs about 15-30 minutes. Buses commonly found: C40LFR, D40LF

B) Take the 97 B-Line to Lougheed Stn. (Runs every few minutes, no worries) Buses: D60LF, sometimes C40LFR

1) Upon arrival at Lougheed Stn, two options: Take Skytrain to Waterfront (Longer), or take Skytrain to Comm Broadway and transfer back to the Waterfront train. (Faster)

Remember: WCE tickets are also valid as 3 zone tickets for 3.5 hours after purchase,

Scenic Trip:

1) Take the 257 from Georgia at Seymour (Vancouver City Centre Stn) to the ferry terminal

2) Take the Bowen Island ferry, $11.60 roundtrip.

3) Disembark the ferry (Get onto car deck shortly before arrival, foot pax+ cars go off the same ramp)

4) Enjoy yourself.

5) When you want to return,just wait by the car ramp.

6) Upon arrival at Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal, take the 250 back downtown. (Remember, sit on the door side, that side has the scenic views)

ok, im gonna be in van for 5 days starting around the 24th, what do yall reccomend

any TRAMS events?

thanks

I don't think TRAMS has any Fan Trips any time soon. Do take lots of trolleys though. UBC area is very scenic. Riding trolleys on the west side is more pleasant, the east side gets some 'interesting patronage'. Best thing about the trolleys is the sound and feel of them. Close your eyes for a bit and take it all in.

I'll be visiting Vancouver and area some time around this weekend next weekend. Can anybody give me a few ideas where to photograph the seabuses, Transit Garages and Other Key spots. Thanks.

Seabus: Waterfront Station, either in the seabus terminal or on the concourse towards there. You can also shoot the seabus at the tip of Canada Place. Another location would be at Lonsdale Quay. This could be near the fountain, or up the "Q"

Yes, Seabus is a great ride. If you are traveling on Sat or Sun, there are no additional zone fees. (Same with after 1830hrs wkdys) So really take advantage of that. If you are using day passes, then it's all good, the day passes cover all three zones any time / day of the week.

If you go to Hastings just west of Clark there's a curve in the road where you can get a good variety of buses at different angles. You'll get 40 foot trolleys (14/16), 60 foot trolleys (20), C40LFR's (160), D/DE60LF/R's (135/160), Novas (7/North Van Buses) and random old D40LF extras on all routes. 22nd St Station is also quite good for a variety of buses, and they get the front door side shot lit up while on layover.

What about places to busfan trolleybuses and etc? Compounds? Also for Skytrain.. is Waterfront recommended the most?

What about places to busfan trolleybuses and etc? Compounds? Also for Skytrain.. is Waterfront recommended the most?

South of Fraser, all I can think of is Ladner Exchange, because of the Orions and Artics coming in, as well as conventional buses from the 404 and 640.

Bridgeport on rush hour would just give you a ton of express buses, Artics, and D40LFs.

Park royal should have lots of West Van buses

I'll say kinda to metrotown, because there are too many novas.

Overall, most bus exchanges should do.

• 2 weeks later...

I think your best high performance one would be the Sheraton in Guildford. There could be more choice hotels in the area. Just use google maps to find a good one.

Theres nothing really along the skytrain lines. All hotels are about 2-5km-s from the nearest stop.

Coming September 2? Theres the new 96 B-line that will get you to KSurrey Central in no time.

I live in a Bed and Breakfast in Van. There are different daily rates depending on the month you are staying (it fluctuates with tourist season). Their phone number is 1-604-736-5511. The rooms are small but very adequate. The building has just been renovated, with some exterior and public areas still being renovated (but the rooms are all done). I've attached a couple pics.

You can also try www.airbnb.com for some great deals.

p15.jpg

Kitchen_1.jpg

p2.jpg

Well, I think there's a hotel right beside King George station... and there are a couple more near Gateway. Those are probably the only stations in Surrey that have hotel nearby, but not sure if the hotels are anywhere near 'good' though..

Well, I think there's a hotel right beside King George station... and there are a couple more near Gateway. Those are probably the only stations in Surrey that have hotel nearby, but not sure if the hotels are anywhere near 'good' though..

The hotel beside King George Station is closed and shut down for good.

The hotel beside King George Station is closed and shut down for good.

Compass Point Inn near King George Station was shut down for redevelopment that requires the building to be demolished (another tower full of overpriced condos that will be part of a nearby complex of them going where that building is)

Compass Point Inn near King George Station was shut down for redevelopment that requires the building to be demolished (another tower full of overpriced condos that will be part of a nearby complex of them going where that building is)

It's this project

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=194968&page=7

Hello,

I’ll be visiting Vancouver in 2.5 weeks (specifically, Sept 19-21). This forum provided me a huge amount of information about the transit system (the transit fanning guidebook is awesome!) – I have actually only one question:

Is it possible to see the historical vehicle collection owned by TRAMS on a regular day? It doesn’t seem like there will be any events on the days I’ll be in town.