Orion VIII

Niagara Region Transit

Small detail I've noticed on the 204x's are that they have rear destination signs again unlike 1740. I wonder if they're gonna add one to 1740 so all of st. catharines regional's will have the rear sign.

5 hours ago, laliok said:

Small detail I've noticed on the 204x's are that they have rear destination signs again unlike 1740. I wonder if they're gonna add one to 1740 so all of st. catharines regional's will have the rear sign.

That I forgot to mention about 2040-43, plus no tip in windows as well, had photos sent to me by my contact when they first arrived.

Noticed that the NRT OnDemand pilot has started in Lincoln, Grimsby and Pelham, replacing (at least temporarily) conventional transit services in the West Niagara section of the Regional Municipality of Niagara.

Am curious on how well "microtransit", if the term is used correctly, will be embraced by riders.

https://www.niagararegion.ca/transit/on-demand/default.aspx

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2020 at 1:35 PM, map.man (Darrin) said:

Noticed that the NRT OnDemand pilot has started in Lincoln, Grimsby and Pelham, replacing (at least temporarily) conventional transit services in the West Niagara section of the Regional Municipality of Niagara.

Am curious on how well "microtransit", if the term is used correctly, will be embraced by riders.

https://www.niagararegion.ca/transit/on-demand/default.aspx

They will also replace NOTL Transit as well

Also, 2040 and 2041 have now entered service today.

50327132186_fa38045008_o.jpg

50326467473_d461b84b82_o.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, laliok said:

Spotted that 2043 was active on the bus tracker.

image.png

Yeah, I caught it in Thorold earlier today, not sure if it had just entered service or if it was already in service but wasn't tracking.

I’m interested in the screens inside the latest LFS order. What do they display? Just weather/news etc., or do they also show the next stop and things like that like they do in Toronto and NYC?

1 hour ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

I’m interested in the screens inside the latest LFS order. What do they display? Just weather/news etc., or do they also show the next stop and things like that like they do in Toronto and NYC?

From what I remember, the screens say the route, next few stops with the next stop at the top, weather and news (which rn i think is the just a covid mask notice and nrt on demand). It's really nice (and imo nicer than what the signs in Toronto say)

22 hours ago, laliok said:

From what I remember, the screens say the route, next few stops with the next stop at the top, weather and news (which rn i think is the just a covid mask notice and nrt on demand). It's really nice (and imo nicer than what the signs in Toronto say)

Thanks! I really do think that every system should have screens similar to this.