Niagara Region Transit

Orion VIII

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1935-36 are now in service. I was told they were not supposed to enter service until the new year. But however here is a shot of 36 on the 40/45A today. Two more artics are due to be delivered as well as two 40-footers.

20191106_135313.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Curious with the merge of all the systems in the Niagara Region, how will affect the WEGO service?

I think what they're gonna do is keep it as it is since the RED and BLUE lines are already integrated with NFT and the routes were already given the 6xx numbers to fit with the rest of the region. Maybe the GREEN and ORANGE lines will be integrated as well? That'd be nice.

57 minutes ago, laliok said:

I think what they're gonna do is keep it as it is since the RED and BLUE lines are already integrated with NFT and the routes were already given the 6xx numbers to fit with the rest of the region. Maybe the GREEN and ORANGE lines will be integrated as well? That'd be nice.

Not sure if Niagara Parks would be integrated. They are a completely different entity.

5 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Curious with the merge of all the systems in the Niagara Region, how will affect the WEGO service?

2 hours ago, laliok said:

2 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Not sure if Niagara Parks would be integrated. They are a completely different entity.

I'm assuming that the WEGO brand will continue to be maintained as their "BRT"/tourist-centered route system. WEGO Red has already been partially (re?)integrated into the municipal system, as it accepts regular municipal fare media.

As for WEGO Green, those buses are already displaying route number 603. The Niagara Region Transit system will continue to have separate municipal operators/contractors, so I do not see how the merger would affect how Niagara Parks would be able to run their WEGO Green route.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, 38 Highland Creek said:

Saw 2 Novas going westbound on Highway 401 and Neilson Rd. In east Toronto.  The lead bus was 2042 but I couldn’t get the fleet number for the tail bus.  Methinks they’ll be in service in a week or so.

Are these 40ft novas?

An update; 5 Regional Novas have been delivered to Niagara Falls and are numbered 1930-1934. 3 have also been delivered (so far) to St. Catharines and are numbered 2040-2042. Unlike 1740, these units do not have tip-in windows.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:19 AM, 97SCT said:

An update; 5 Regional Novas have been delivered to Niagara Falls and are numbered 1930-1934. 3 have also been delivered (so far) to St. Catharines and are numbered 2040-2042. Unlike 1740, these units do not have tip-in windows.

In one of the Welland committee meeting minutes, it was noted that Welland is expecting delivery of 1 40' Nova for regional service this month, it may have already arrived.

Hmmmm. All 3 cities seem to be buying a lot of regional buses. Unless some of these are replacements (Except for maaaaaybe welland's '07 D40LFs, I personally doubt that) they must be planning a decent service improvement in the fall. At least if covid doesn't ruin those plans.

1 hour ago, laliok said:

Hmmmm. All 3 cities seem to be buying a lot of regional buses. Unless some of these are replacements (Except for maaaaaybe welland's '07 D40LFs, I personally doubt that) they must be planning a decent service improvement in the fall. At least if covid doesn't ruin those plans.

There is that merge of all Niagara Region systems that supposed to be happening next year as well. But other than that may have expanded very quickly over the past few years since when it first started in almost 10 years ago.

• 1 month later...

Hello all! 

What would be the best position to take photos or video of Niagara Transit's fleet? Preferably the Orions, but really, ill take what I can get. Would the garage in the morning be a good place for pullouts, or do some routes kind of terminate in the same place, as to get the most buses at once? 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Hello all! 

What would be the best position to take photos or video of Niagara Transit's fleet? Preferably the Orions, but really, ill take what I can get. Would the garage in the morning be a good place for pullouts, or do some routes kind of terminate in the same place, as to get the most buses at once? 

Thanks!

The three major terminals are Downtown Terminal in St Catharines, Welland Terminal, and Morrison/Dorchester Hub in Niagara Falls; these places, plus Brock University and Niagara College Welland Campus are good places to get multiple Regional buses.

The four main routes (40/45, 50/55, 60/65, 70/75) combine in a triangle format; therefore, standing at only one of the three main terminals will not net you all of the Regional buses. Plus, in normal weekday conditions there are branches that only serve portions of the main routes. So moving between locations is needed.

The Regional Orion VIIs (2190-2192) are owned/operated by Niagara Falls Transit, so Morrison/Dorchester is the best place to find them, as all the Regional routes operated by NFT serve that terminal.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...