Niagara Region Transit

Orion VIII

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Will they assign numbers to local routes in Niagara-on-the-Lake (2xx) and Port Colborne (6xx) to fit the numbering scheme for bus routes in the region?

The Fort Erie is #22, while Port Colborne is #25. 

NOTL has the Heritage Route as #1, and Glendale as #2.

In all fairness, no route numbers are shared across Niagara unless you count ULinc routes 1 and 2, plus their number 3.

19 hours ago, Mike said:

I meant that they renumbered Niagara Falls local routes to be 1xx, St Catherines 3xx and 4xx, Welland 5xx and Fort Erie 7xx.  This seems to suggest that NOTL should be 2xx and Port Colborne 6xx.

Port Colborne was recently changed to 7xx when Welland switched to 5xx

https://www.welland.ca/transit/pdf/Route_schedules.pdf

On 9/9/2018 at 1:56 PM, Mike said:

Must be very recent - it’s not on Port Colborne transit site yet.

Just checked it out on the Welland Transit map/schedule.  Does list them there in the 700-series.  Slipped right on by me.

Note:  200-series routes are assigned to evening and weekend services on Niagara Falls Transit.

So...(thus far)

• 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75: Niagara Region Transit (all times) and regional routes by other agencies
  • 1##: Niagara Falls Transit (Weekday/Saturday Daytime)
  • 2##: Niagara Falls Transit (Weekday and Saturday Evening/Sunday)
  • 3##: St. Catharines Transit (Weekday/Saturday Daytime)
  • 4##: St. Catharines Transit (Weekday and Saturday Evening/Sunday)
  • 5##: Welland Transit (all times, Weekday, Saturday and Sunday)
  • 701, 702: Port Colborne Transit
  • 750, 760, 770 Fort Erie Transit.  In the grand scheme of things, I believe there is going to be a "dynamic" named shuttle between Port Colborne and Fort Erie, connecting the southern-most section of Niagara RM points.  I have to look at a handout I have, it may be implemented around 2023-ish.  There could also be another westerly reaching route, but don't have the info in front of me to properly quote it.
  • 801, 802, 803: Pelham Transit (Weekdays)
  • 931, 932, 933: ULinc (Town of Lincoln) (Weekday and Saturday)

Still not integrated::

• Niagara-on-the-Lake Transit (1 Old Town and 2 Heritage-Old Town)
  • WEGO Visitor Transportation (Red Line, Blue Line and Green Line).

Also, though treated separately, GO Transit route 11 and 12 (AFAIK) don't have matching route numbers in the region.

All in all, interesting changes.

Edited by map.man (Darrin)
Update of Pelham and Lincoln systems route numbers

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 5:30 PM, Mike said:

I meant that they renumbered Niagara Falls local routes to be 1xx, St Catherines 3xx and 4xx, Welland 5xx and Fort Erie 7xx.  This seems to suggest that NOTL should be 2xx and Port Colborne 6xx.

Port Colborne is now 700 series, according to the Welland riders guide.

The whole thing will be NRT by January 2023.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 6:17 AM, map.man (Darrin) said:

Just checked it out on the Welland Transit map/schedule.  Does list them there in the 700-series.  Slipped right on by me.

Note:  200-series routes are assigned to evening and weekend services on Niagara Falls Transit.

So...(thus far)

• 0##: Niagara Region Transit (all times) and regional routes by other agencies
  • 7##: Port Colborne Transit and Fort Erie Transit.  In the grand scheme of things, I believe there is going to be a "dynamic" named shuttle between Port Colborne and Fort Erie, connecting the southern-most section of Niagara RM points.  I have to look at a handout I have, it may be implemented around 2023-ish.  There could also be another westerly reaching route, but don't have the info in front of me to properly quote it.

• Pelham Transit,
  • Niagara-on-the-Lake Transit,
  • Town of Lincoln Transit (uLinc) 
  • WEGO Visitor Transportation (although they may have 300-302 listed as their routes, internally (300-Red Line, 301-Blue Line and 302-Green Line).

Also, though treated separately, GO Transit route 11 and 12 (AFAIK) don't have matching route numbers in the region.

I think Niagara Falls had WeGo integrated into their fleet at one point. I remember seeing a WeGo bus run the 21 (Niagara College) route last year.

19 hours ago, TechnicianKeith said:

I think Niagara Falls had WeGo integrated into their fleet at one point. I remember seeing a WeGo bus run the 21 (Niagara College) route last year.

That was testing. After that 5204 was sent into regular service after.

On 9/10/2018 at 6:17 AM, map.man (Darrin) said:

So...(thus far)

• 0##: Niagara Region Transit (all times) and regional routes by other agencies
  • 7##: Port Colborne Transit and Fort Erie Transit.  In the grand scheme of things, I believe there is going to be a "dynamic" named shuttle between Port Colborne and Fort Erie, connecting the southern-most section of Niagara RM points.  I have to look at a handout I have, it may be implemented around 2023-ish.  There could also be another westerly reaching route, but don't have the info in front of me to properly quote it.

• Pelham Transit,
  • Niagara-on-the-Lake Transit,
  • Town of Lincoln Transit (uLinc) 
  • WEGO Visitor Transportation (although they may have 300-302 listed as their routes, internally (300-Red Line, 301-Blue Line and 302-Green Line).

I can see the smaller systems like Niagara-on-the-Lake, Pelham and uLinc taking the 600 series routes.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've noticed that St. Catharines is slowly upgrading their real time bus tracker to support all the routes in Niagara. Even though there's no actual real time bus tracking on the routes yet, all regional routes, and Niagara Falls + WEGO routes have been added.

(Also worth noting is that the website says that the WEGO routes are going to be 6##)

http://whereis.yourbus.com/bustime/map/displaymap.jsp

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Service updates will come in effect as of September 3rd; https://www.niagararegion.ca/transit/2019/routes.aspx

Routes 22 Niagara Falls/Fort Erie and 25 Welland/Port Colborne will now run every hour.

Welland Transit's Brock Link bus will be replaced by the 70/75A which will follow the same routing, but includes a stop in Pelham.

St. Catharines Route 26 will be replaced with a 40/45B which follows the same routing.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 7:01 PM, 97SCT said:

Service updates will come in effect as of September 3rd; https://www.niagararegion.ca/transit/2019/routes.aspx

Routes 22 Niagara Falls/Fort Erie and 25 Welland/Port Colborne will now run every hour.

Welland Transit's Brock Link bus will be replaced by the 70/75A which will follow the same routing, but includes a stop in Pelham.

St. Catharines Route 26 will be replaced with a 40/45B which follows the same routing.

Just checked out and saw that there's still a gap after 7:30am, until 11:30am on the 22-Fort Erie Job Bus route.  Is that a possible mistake, or unnoticed?

12 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

Just checked out and saw that there's still a gap after 7:30am, until 11:30am on the 22-Fort Erie Job Bus route.  Is that a possible mistake, or unnoticed?

I didn't notice that initially, I guess there is still a service break at least for the rest of the morning.

• Like 1