Double Decker Bus Order

sseguin

The double decker buses are POP buses, therefore back door boarding is permitted. Having said that, in my opinion, I tend to prefer bus operators not allowing back door boarding on express routes in areas where where express fare is paid (whether it's an artic or double decker) so that customers who are boarding the bus are actually paying the premium.

I do agree with that, but it is good news for the times when they are run on regular routes in the future. Hopefully they see some use off of the express runs at some point.

I do agree with that, but it is good news for the times when they are run on regular routes in the future. Hopefully they see some use off of the express runs at some point.

From my understanding they will be for Peak Express runs only. With the "Customer safety rules" currently semi enforced Double Decker use on routes like 94,95,118 would be out of the question.

From my understanding they will be for Peak Express runs only. With the "Customer safety rules" currently semi enforced Double Decker use on routes like 94,95,118 would be out of the question.

I know it's a bit of a pipe dream, but we can hope that if we have to deal with disruption during the LRT construction it might shake things up a bit on occasion. I understand the safety concerns, but double deckers like these are used in many major cities around the world (London, Hong Kong) on high frequency routes with no issues, why the reluctance here?

I know it's a bit of a pipe dream, but we can hope that if we have to deal with disruption during the LRT construction it might shake things up a bit on occasion. I understand the safety concerns, but double deckers like these are used in many major cities around the world (London, Hong Kong) on high frequency routes with no issues, why the reluctance here?

In the double decker world we're rookies here in Ottawa. :P

Unusually the door bars are located to the sides of the doors, and at one point I heard the driver yelling to the people trying to get off who were ovbiously confused by this.

The ride was excellent, quite smooth and comfortable, even over the unpaved sections in the new development at the end of the route. I was also surprised at how stable the bus felt, there was very little roll when cornering, which should alleviate anyone's fears about stability. I did notice that it felt underpowered, though only on the uphills, such as coming out of LeBreton heading downtown the engine sounded like it was working to move the nearly empty bus

Those people are grabbing the yellow bars on the sides are the touch bars door activation, that's why people are opening the rear door!

That's normal for DD buses to have underpower, cause your having a top heavy weight to deal with. Unfortunately, the Cummins ISM does a better job accelerating and the torque than the ISL. Those engines won't last long!

You would of thought they'd either put some type of platic over the windo\w prevent rain or birds going in or at least partk it right next to the Building with the wiondo missing facing the building preventing rain from geryttying in?

Well, that's going to be someone's problem!

In the double decker world we're rookies here in Ottawa. :P

I have to agree. I hate to see this on Transitway route, that's going to be a total disaster!

A new revised list of the double decker assignments posted on OC's web site effective Monday: http://www.octranspo...rriving_in_2012

I see they've assigned a double-decker to route 93 running eastbound leaving 4000 Innovation at 17:41 and arriving at Lebreton Station at 18:42. Not only is this a regular-fare route, it also runs right by my office, and near my quitting time too! ^_^

The following "new" double decker buses that were in-service this afternoon:

8017 on Route 77 at the Hurdman Layup

8018 on Route 35, run E-819

8022 on Route 30, run E-825

8023 spotted deadheading through Campus heading towards Downtown (likely to Lebreton Station)

8020 on Route 30 Millennium

8021 on Route 77 Barrhaven, run E-803 - The operator had to kill the bus at Lebreton Station because the interlock would not hold the bus when servicing bus stops

- 8019 on Route 77 Barrhaven, run E-803

- 8024 spotted going westbound through Hurdman after 1pm (not sure if it was being used for Training or being test-driven by a mechanic)

- 8029 spotted deadheading between Campus Station and Laurier, likely heading to Lebreton Station

- 8031 spotted at the Hurdman lay-up at 4:25pm and was being looked at by a service truck, which may been scheduled to do a Route 77 and 16:28 but the trip was cancelled (https://twitter.com/OCTranspoLive/status/264467090998697984)