TTC Application Process

ericgu22

On 4/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, Jayhyrule said:

When do they give out the uniforms? Is it after the 5 weeks of training? Or during training?

Uniform comes after you complete training. No point giving them before as someone can fail right up to the last day. 

It usually takes a while to actually receive your uniform. Uniform supplier is very slow. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2021 at 3:52 AM, pkshah said:

I think In  last few days but  don’t expect too much you might be getting only few shirts rest you need to wait 

How many days done to training? 

depends on the mode.  25 days for bus.  subway is the longest 31 days iirc.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied for the Transit Operator position yesterday. Hoping it is successful. It also has me wondering if my current 2 years of experience at York Region (Southeast Division - Miller Transit) will result in a smoother hiring process too, especially since I am very familiar with driving both the Nova and New Flyer buses, in addition to actually being fully adapted to the lifestyle of this career.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:14 PM, Someguy3071 said:

So many noobs!!! What division did you end up at?

Mount Dennis. I wish I got malvern 😢

Others that live in Etobicoke and Brampton got malvern and I’m in Pickering and got mount dennis lol

On 10/2/2021 at 7:15 PM, TransitMotorcoach said:

I applied for the Transit Operator position yesterday. Hoping it is successful. It also has me wondering if my current 2 years of experience at York Region (Southeast Division - Miller Transit) will result in a smoother hiring process too, especially since I am very familiar with driving both the Nova and New Flyer buses, in addition to actually being fully adapted to the lifestyle of this career.

I’d assume it helps. How is York Region? 
Adaption to this lifestyle is definitely a big thing for me being a noob. 
Coming from a normal 9-5 job to training 645am-2pm 5 days a week to working splits and late nights and night shifts is very tough. 
My first month driving on my own with the inconsistent schedule on spareboard was super tough but once you get the hang of it, it’s actually pretty nice. 
Good luck! Lots of info on this thread for your application process here.

7 minutes ago, Jayhyrule said:

I’d assume it helps. How is York Region? 
Adaption to this lifestyle is definitely a big thing for me being a noob. 
Coming from a normal 9-5 job to training 645am-2pm 5 days a week to working splits and late nights and night shifts is very tough. 
My first month driving on my own with the inconsistent schedule on spareboard was super tough but once you get the hang of it, it’s actually pretty nice. 
Good luck! Lots of info on this thread for your application process here.

At York Region, there is no true long term stability,  since the operations contract with Miller will expire in 2023, and if it is not renewed, either I start over with a new contractor, or I am out of work. It was a good way to get the actual transit experience, when getting into the TTC and other transit agencies is very difficult as someone very green, but looking long term, the future is unknown there. The fact that York residents mostly prefer to drive, and the ridership on a lot of local feeder routes is very low, it does not help either. The region itself will not hesitate to scrap a route that doesn't financially perform to their expectations.