ericgu22

TTC Application Process

8 hours ago, Shankl said:

I like your point, it sounds logic, but the concern here is when.

People awaiting training / medical dates will probably be waiting a very very long time. They will need to recall operators laid off first before even thinking of new training classes. 

1 hour ago, havox said:

People awaiting training / medical dates will probably be waiting a very very long time. They will need to recall operators laid off first before even thinking of new training classes. 

That's true, but from what I know that they didn't laid off anyone yet 

Am not sure 

I would like to be optimistic, by increasing the ridership flow they will need more busses and operators to keep social distancing in effect 

And they know that to put a new trainee on the road it needs a month or may be more , on the other hand as the city starts to reopen, I think by the end of may to mid june 80-90 % of the businesses will be opened 

They will find themselves in a race with ti.e ro accommodate the demand 

Just brain storming with wishful thinking 

On 5/10/2020 at 5:33 AM, Shankl said:

I like your point, it sounds logic, but the concern here is when.

I heard today some who had received layoff notices had them rescinded. Good news somewhat......

• Thanks 1

I’m curious to know if any have been re assigned to weed whacker duty in lieu of summer students this year. Someone has to do it.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:44 PM, Bus_Medic said:

I’m curious to know if any have been re assigned to weed whacker duty in lieu of summer students this year. Someone has to do it.

I'll do it! I may consider joining the dark side now that big rona has devastated my industry.

7 hours ago, 306 Carlton said:

I'll do it! I may consider joining the dark side now that big rona has devastated my industry.

Eeeeeeee!

Now might be as good a time as you’re gonna get for the foreseeable future, while they try to fill McNicoll positions.

Good news update. As you guys are aware the federal and provincial government has provided covid funding for transit and the ttc is expected to receive a large share of it.

at the moment the training has resumed for master signup transfers to retrain for their new modes.

from the grape vine I have heard operators who were laid off to be recalled before November and then perhaps new operators to be called up for training.