ericgu22

TTC Application Process

8 hours ago, Shankl said:

I like your point, it sounds logic, but the concern here is when.

People awaiting training / medical dates will probably be waiting a very very long time. They will need to recall operators laid off first before even thinking of new training classes. 

1 hour ago, havox said:

People awaiting training / medical dates will probably be waiting a very very long time. They will need to recall operators laid off first before even thinking of new training classes. 

That's true, but from what I know that they didn't laid off anyone yet 

Am not sure 

I would like to be optimistic, by increasing the ridership flow they will need more busses and operators to keep social distancing in effect 

And they know that to put a new trainee on the road it needs a month or may be more , on the other hand as the city starts to reopen, I think by the end of may to mid june 80-90 % of the businesses will be opened 

They will find themselves in a race with ti.e ro accommodate the demand 

Just brain storming with wishful thinking 

On 5/10/2020 at 5:33 AM, Shankl said:

I like your point, it sounds logic, but the concern here is when.

I heard today some who had received layoff notices had them rescinded. Good news somewhat......

• Thanks 1

I’m curious to know if any have been re assigned to weed whacker duty in lieu of summer students this year. Someone has to do it.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:44 PM, Bus_Medic said:

I’m curious to know if any have been re assigned to weed whacker duty in lieu of summer students this year. Someone has to do it.

I'll do it! I may consider joining the dark side now that big rona has devastated my industry.

7 hours ago, 306 Carlton said:

I'll do it! I may consider joining the dark side now that big rona has devastated my industry.

Eeeeeeee!

Now might be as good a time as you’re gonna get for the foreseeable future, while they try to fill McNicoll positions.

Good news update. As you guys are aware the federal and provincial government has provided covid funding for transit and the ttc is expected to receive a large share of it.

at the moment the training has resumed for master signup transfers to retrain for their new modes.

from the grape vine I have heard operators who were laid off to be recalled before November and then perhaps new operators to be called up for training. 

Just out of curiosity. What did the TTC say to the people who were in the middle of the process? Did they email you guys anything? 

I'm in holding pool A and haven't heard anything for about 2 month. Last email they sent was that everything still on hold. I believe all of us in Holding pool A will have to do another medical as it's been over a year since the last medical.

3 minutes ago, Jayhyrule said:

I'm in holding pool A and haven't heard anything for about 2 month. Last email they sent was that everything still on hold. I believe all of us in Holding pool A will have to do another medical as it's been over a year since the last medical.

not necessary.  Depends on your age, your medical is good for up to 5 years.  

There are still 100+ operators still laid off and not mention 10 to 20 of them haven't completed their 30 days training yet.  

On 9/25/2020 at 8:28 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

not necessary.  Depends on your age, your medical is good for up to 5 years.  

There are still 100+ operators still laid off and not mention 10 to 20 of them haven't completed their 30 days training yet.  

i got email and phone call to do my medical and police clearnce again this week as old one is expired.

4 hours ago, Gagan said:

i got email and phone call to do my medical and police clearnce again this week as old one is expired.

When did your 1 year pass from the medical date?

Did anyone else get an email or phone call to redo any test or police clearance?

1 hour ago, Jayhyrule said:

When did your 1 year pass from the medical date?

Did anyone else get an email or phone call to redo any test or police clearance?

i did my medical and police clearance in june 2019.

she told they are starting training dates on new year

Hello guys,

Just re-done my medical and police records 2 weeks ago. Recruiter emailed me back saying training will resume around new year. Will need to go to the documentation appointment again. Why is is that? Why do I have to go thru all this again. 

4 hours ago, Francois006 said:

Hello guys,

Just re-done my medical and police records 2 weeks ago. Recruiter emailed me back saying training will resume around new year. Will need to go to the documentation appointment again. Why is is that? Why do I have to go thru all this again. 

Probably because of the long break in between the process? Or maybe policies have changed in these past few months? Just be glad you got an email back from them regarding your process. 

On 10/22/2020 at 3:57 PM, Shankl said:

Why would a s.way or st.car operator change to bus??

Why would someone want to try a different mode? Because they can and want to do try something else. This is a really pointless question.

And did you have to abbreviate subway to s.way? 🤦‍♂️

On 10/22/2020 at 3:57 PM, Shankl said:

Why would a s.way or st.car operator change to bus??

Change of scenery lol

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 10:07 AM, Francois006 said:

Hello guys,

Just redid my medical a couple days ago. How long after your medical did they schedule your documentation?

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, Jayhyrule said:

Just redid my medical a couple days ago. How long after your medical did they schedule your documentation?

Medical was in May 2019 documentation was in September 2019