ericgu22

TTC Application Process

They would want people trained as back ups incase the need arises. Ex. Retirements, transfers, medical leaves etc... 

although like I said it’s not guaranteed they could train in wheel trans and be fortunate enough to stay there.

Hi all, first time poster. Was reffered here from a friend and boy do I wish I saw this while in the early process.

Anyways my timeline is I did the info session/interview/offer on June 17, Medical on July 2, Police Clearance July 19. I got my copy of the medical clearning me but didn't send them as that was not part of the instructions. I only sent the police clearance.

Its almost mid Oct and was wondering about documentation. I still haven't got an email for documentation. I don't want to email my recruiter right away and was wondering if anyone with a similar time line got their email for documentation yet?

Also, while doing my medical, I tested high on the grip test. They said this month I was top. Does this move me towards a certain mode?

Thanks again all.

Medical only asses that you’re fit for duty/ fit for modes such as % hearing loss or colour blindness would be main factors other than just being healthy. Your mode is decided based off of your aptitude test and hiring needs. 

On 10/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, TTC123 said:

Medical only asses that you’re fit for duty/ fit for modes such as % hearing loss or colour blindness would be main factors other than just being healthy. Your mode is decided based off of your aptitude test and hiring needs. 

Thanks for this :)

i don't see anyone here how had an offer after June, so I was wondering if theres anyone left here who hasnt received their email for documentation yet? According to an email I received shortly after the offer they said documentation would be 3-4 months but still havent heard back.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

On 10/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, TTC123 said:

What type of colourblindness do they test? If anyone is colour blind means he cant drive as transit operator or subway? 

29 minutes ago, chriswilson said:

What type of colourblindness do they test? If anyone is colour blind means he cant drive as transit operator or subway? 

Color blind = no subway. Bus is fine my friend is color blind and he's a bus operator 

Hi Guys,

I just got my training date for October 28th but I was wondering what would happen if I postponed this one and wait for another training date. Is it possible that you would get a different more or a division? 

10 hours ago, haks810 said:

Hi Guys,

I just got my training date for October 28th but I was wondering what would happen if I postponed this one and wait for another training date. Is it possible that you would get a different more or a division? 

Yes, if you postpone it you will be taken out of the queue and the possibility of a different division and mode is high, also a reminder you may be waiting longer for a new training date due to not many classes being instructed. 

On 10/15/2019 at 12:54 AM, haks810 said:

Hi Guys,

Don't. Seniority is a very valuable thing.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, andyman said:

Don't. Seniority is a very valuable thing.

indeed.  it makes a huge difference even with one spot.  In my first Christmas eve sign up the guy ahead of me signed a work that finishes at 7.  Thanks to that individual, I had to finish at 10 instead.

9 hours ago, haks810 said:

I Didn’t have a choice. My manager had to go to Winnipeg for a family emergency therefore I couldn’t give my 2 weeks in. 

Email your resignation to your manager and go to HR in person. Leaving a job is easy.