ericgu22

TTC Application Process

19 hours ago, georgepaca said:

Switching subjects. I think this may be relevant for the application process because some of us are waiting for training and really evaluating if this is right for us.
When is the next collective agreement done? How big or real of a threat at that time would something like privatization operators positions be? I used to work in a union in the public sector where almost every year there were threats that we'd be privatized but nothing happened. It seems much different now with Doug Ford as premier.

The agreement they signed in October 2018 runs until 2021, honestly the threat of privatization won't affect operators in the immediate future.  The union won't allow that to happen.  

1 hour ago, Empress_kay said:

Hi everyone 

Quick question I would like to know how long after training  does the actual job start is there a waiting or is it right away??

After passing day 25 road test you have 3 days divisional training then you're placed on spareboard and on your own, no break.

I just emailed my recuriter and she mentioned there are serval changes including reductions in anticipated workforce requirements for the remainder of the year. I think my start day wouldnt be scheduled till next year. 😂

Please let me know if you guys get different reply from your recuriter recently!

1 hour ago, SXL said:

I just emailed my recuriter and she mentioned there are serval changes including reductions in anticipated workforce requirements for the remainder of the year. I think my start day wouldnt be scheduled till next year. 😂

Please let me know if you guys get different reply from your recuriter recently!

I just received my training start date 16th September 

4 hours ago, SXL said:

Your batch from the May info session was told you'd start in 2-3 months right?

20 minutes ago, georgepaca said:

Your batch from the May info session was told you'd start in 2-3 months right?

yea, something like that.

3 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

I just received my training start date 16th September 

congrats buddy!

23 minutes ago, SXL said:

yea, something like that.

congrats buddy!

Yeah I started training in early August but missed two days due to illness,  I had to do redocumentation and wait for another training class and I'm not going to malvern if I pass my training this time which is 5 mins from where I live, I will be going to birtchmount this time 

19 hours ago, Yo_Yo said:

After passing day 25 road test you have 3 days divisional training then you're placed on spareboard and on your own, no break.

Oh awesome  

Thanks a lot 

Yeah you start as soon as you pass day 25 test. No break and you're out on your own. You'll be on soareboard so be prepared to do any route at the division. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Just for everyone's reference my process is below:

Applied - November 27, 2018

Information session - March 27, 2019

Interview - March 27, 2019

Conditional offer - March 27, 2019

Medical date - April 26, 2019

Documentation date - July 26, 2019

Training start - ?

On 8/16/2019 at 9:41 AM, Someguy3071 said:

Queensway is like Malvern of the west end. It sucks that it's a long drive for you but it's a good division. And there is a possibility you'll be moved when master sign up happens. Any other division will be closer so hope for that. 

Queensway is not so good anymore sadly. 

Hi everyone,

Just for everyone's reference my process is below:

Applied - January 2019

Information session - April 24, 2019

Interview - April 24, 2019

Conditional offer - April 24, 2019

Medical date - May 13, 2019

Documentation date - August 14 2019

Training start - ?

So it looks like people from the March, April, May and June fast tracked info session/conditional offer hasn't started yet?

From what a user said here, there is no training on Nov-Dec. There is a training going on in September (this month) so most likely there's a last batch on October before there's a break and training resumes in 2020.

3 hours ago, georgepaca said:

So it looks like people from the March, April, May and June fast tracked info session/conditional offer hasn't started yet?

From what a user said here, there is no training on Nov-Dec. There is a training going on in September (this month) so most likely there's a last batch on October before there's a break and training resumes in 2020.

Yeah sounds about right. If you don't get training date by the end of this month then expect training to start in January. You'll get to experience winter driving yayyy

1 hour ago, pkshah said:

generally how long it takes for traning after documentation dates 

It can be as early as a few weeks to 6 months, it will test your patience but they will give you at least 2 weeks notice.

Hi guys, 

I had my info session/interview/offer on May 22

Everything is clear:

Medical test

Police clearance 

Just waiting for the documentation appointment and training date.

I'm travelling to Asia in November for a month so hopefully I don't get email for my training date anytime soon.