TTC Application Process

Also to define spareboard. You'll have to call in each day after 5pm to know your work for the next day. You'll pick 2 off days for the board period, but each day your work will be different. 

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got my documentation call today for next week Wednesday February 22nd!! I'm sure more of you will be getting calls this week! 

Finally got the call for training!!! Starting on June 6th Mode: Subway Division: Bloor/Danforth So excited to start it's been a long time coming and I cannot wait! Does anyone have any helpful

Ok so i decided i should write this for all those who are reading this thread and might come across this. NEVER GIVE UP! I just got my training call yesterday for Feb 13, Streetcar operator but my

Posted Images

Hi all! This might be a long shot, but im curious if anyone here is from Mt.Dennis and possibly has its welcome package from 2016/17 that they would be willing to part with?

I have my last day of route familarization tonight and my first shift is on Sunday so having that package just in case when and if I need it would be a blessing. Unfortunately, they don't have any packages at the division and are not sure when they expect the updated version to finally come in.

UPDATE:

1) Date Applied - May 14th

2) Date Invitation Received - May 16th

3) Date of Info Session - May 24th

4) Date of Medical - June 13th

5) Date received police clearance - July 5th

6) Date got documentation  email - July 12th

7) Date of documentation - July 20th

😎 Start date received - July 27th

Training Start Date August 13th - Wilson Division

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Blueberry said:

Hi guys .. is there anyone who had medical on 8th june and has received the documentation email. People who had medicals after that are getting calls. Any idea what might be the reason?

So my understanding is that you have not received your documentation email yet? If so, email your recruiter. If they don't respond to your email within a day or two, call them. There is nothing wrong with a follow-up email. Medysis will let you know if the results were inconclusive and/or if you tested positive for anything.

1 hour ago, Newbie ttc said:

I have to complete job shadowing assignment.never been on ttc routes. I need guidance for completing the Yonge street routes.

thanks

If you need guidance for a simple assignment, Maybe you should find another job

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Newbie ttc said:

I have to complete job shadowing assignment.never been on ttc routes. I need guidance for completing the Yonge street routes.

thanks

It’s very easy. Just follow the instructions the paper they gave you says. Try to sit in front and just observe. No need to gage into a convo with the bus driver. 

Not sure if this is appropriate to ask here regarding shifts but for members working already what are the times for the night shift and how likely is it for new hires to get it?

I'm just waiting to clear medical, I've been in the process since Feb 2018, but I would like night as it fits my schedule much better.

1 hour ago, simpleform said:

Not sure if this is appropriate to ask here regarding shifts but for members working already what are the times for the night shift and how likely is it for new hires to get it?

I'm just waiting to clear medical, I've been in the process since Feb 2018, but I would like night as it fits my schedule much better.

I'll speak from my own experience. I've been driving by myself for about a month and a half now. When I first started on spareboard I would have shifts ending around 2 or 3 am at the latest. You can expect those shifts when starting out. Since it's spareboard the shifts are all over the place. As you move up with new people coming in you'll start having earlier starts and earlier end times. 

Until you sign for work just expect shift times to constantly change. 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, bluewater said:

What time do the shifts start if you finish around 2/3 am? Do the shifts go longer than 8 hrs on average?

You will need to devote 12 hours a day to the job. *from the time you start to get ready, get to the division... get to your relief point etc... do your route and get back and then go home. Repeat over and over again, and say goodbye to your social life. Q?? Did they not tell you any of this at the info meeting? 

3 hours ago, fembot said:

You will need to devote 12 hours a day to the job. *from the time you start to get ready, get to the division... get to your relief point etc... do your route and get back and then go home. Repeat over and over again, and say goodbye to your social life. Q?? Did they not tell you any of this at the info meeting? 

I have a social life... On Mondays and Tuesdays lol 😁

9 minutes ago, havox said:

I have a social life... On Mondays and Tuesdays lol 😁

I had a social life on Thursday and Fridays, helping people pack their camping gear and plan their weekend ventures just before heading off to bef Friday night for next day’s work..... until last week i found out without any prior notice my ‘social life’ was forcibly changed to Wed/Thur

17 hours ago, bluewater said:

What time do the shifts start if you finish around 2/3 am? Do the shifts go longer than 8 hrs on average?

Between 5pm and 7pm. Most shifts will be more than 8 hours. The only time you’ll do less than 8 hours is if you’re doing a 1 piece special or if you’re on open report and are sent home.

• Thanks 1
On 7/31/2018 at 11:40 PM, havox said:

I'll speak from my own experience. I've been driving by myself for about a month and a half now. When I first started on spareboard I would have shifts ending around 2 or 3 am at the latest. You can expect those shifts when starting out. Since it's spareboard the shifts are all over the place. As you move up with new people coming in you'll start having earlier starts and earlier end times. 

Until you sign for work just expect shift times to constantly change. 

23 hours ago, TTCOpITM said:

Between 5pm and 7pm. Most shifts will be more than 8 hours. The only time you’ll do less than 8 hours is if you’re doing a 1 piece special or if you’re on open report and are sent home.

Many thanks. Appreciate the feedback. 

They never really got into the nitty gritty during the info session so it's always great to get feedback from people living it.

Are the Blue line shifts harder to get as a new hire? Or I should ask, are there shifts that start around 7/8pm and end around 6/7am?

4 hours ago, simpleform said:

Many thanks. Appreciate the feedback. 

They never really got into the nitty gritty during the info session so it's always great to get feedback from people living it.

Are the Blue line shifts harder to get as a new hire? Or I should ask, are there shifts that start around 7/8pm and end around 6/7am?

Depending on your division and what routes they have, but there are plenty of night buses, usually starting between 7-10pm and finishing between 4-6 am, shouldnt be too difficult to get as most people don’t want them, however some people do specifically sign only night buses by choice some due to preference of driving nights some due to their family schedule etc

• Thanks 1

Hi 

called Medisys, they confirmed my medicals have been submitted to ttc and mto.Then I emailed my recruiter about the status. She said they are waiting for license upgrade preapproval before they set me up for documentation.

Now what is license upgrade approval?

Anyone know about it?

38 minutes ago, The Patient said:

Hi 

called Medisys, they confirmed my medicals have been submitted to ttc and mto.Then I emailed my recruiter about the status. She said they are waiting for license upgrade preapproval before they set me up for documentation.

Now what is license upgrade approval?

Anyone know about it?

I’m still waiting for documentation too. Just gotta be patient I guess. Medysis sent my results to TTC and MTO on July 20th. I received a letter from MTO approving me for a license upgrade on July 27th.  So now I’m waiting patiently to be contacted. I’m going to give it another two weeks before I contact my recruiter for a status update. Hang in there!

oh and the license upgrade approval is pretty much approving you to upgrade your license because you need a different class license to drive a bus. MTO also reviews your medical file from medisys and they determine if you are allowed to drive a bus. 

41 minutes ago, Carmello_87 said:

I’m still waiting for documentation too. Just gotta be patient I guess. Medysis sent my results to TTC and MTO on July 20th. I received a letter from MTO approving me for a license upgrade on July 27th.  So now I’m waiting patiently to be contacted. I’m going to give it another two weeks before I contact my recruiter for a status update. Hang in there!

oh and the license upgrade approval is pretty much approving you to upgrade your license because you need a different class license to drive a bus. MTO also reviews your medical file from medisys and they determine if you are allowed to drive a bus. 

Thanka for the info

• Like 1
On 8/2/2018 at 10:45 PM, TheAverageGuy said:

Depending on your division and what routes they have, but there are plenty of night buses, usually starting between 7-10pm and finishing between 4-6 am, shouldnt be too difficult to get as most people don’t want them, however some people do specifically sign only night buses by choice some due to preference of driving nights some due to their family schedule etc

Very nice. Thanks for the info.

I'm out east so hopefully Malvern. Family relative just got posted to Malvern and training start Aug 20. 

Hopefully my medical finally clears. Thanks again.

9 hours ago, simpleform said:

I'm out east so hopefully Malvern. Family relative just got posted to Malvern and training start Aug 20. 

Lol the further out east you are the further west division they assign you. 😉😂

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, simpleform said:

Division assignments are definitely luck of the draw. I'm in Oshawa and was assigned Wilson division. My girlfriend who starts the week before is assigned Malvern.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Zerocool said:

Division assignments are definitely luck of the draw. I'm in Oshawa and was assigned Wilson division. My girlfriend who starts the week before is assigned Malvern.

Malvern is bumping alot of operators to Eglinton, she will most likely be one of them. A couple guys i knew in tr as training got forced out as well as about 40 others.

• Like 1