Jump to content
ericgu22

TTC Application Process

Recommended Posts

Hi can anyone confirm if we can get a print out of the DRIVERS ABSTRACT which i got on my mail,  as I ordered it online. Or do i need to vist service ontario and get one. Please anyone ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Blueberry said:

Hi can anyone confirm if we can get a print out of the DRIVERS ABSTRACT which i got on my mail,  as I ordered it online. Or do i need to vist service ontario and get one. Please anyone ?

That would be acceptable as they do not require a certified copy of drivers abstract. Obviously make sure the date the abstract was sent falls into acceptable date range as requested in email from TTC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zerocool said:

That would be acceptable as they do not require a certified copy of drivers abstract. Obviously make sure the date the abstract was sent falls into acceptable date range as requested in email from TTC.

Thanks , i got to that covered👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Friends,

Just curious if anyone is willing to share:

What their first paycheque during training amounted to after taxes/dues deducted

What their first paycheque working at 40hrs/week @26.10 after dues and benefits are taken out as well.

I've been using tax calculators to give me a rough estimate but if anyone is comfortable sharing this information it would be greatly appreciated. From what I read the union dues work out to 50 cents a day?

Thanks again :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2018 at 7:54 PM, Max3031 said:

Day 16 just around the corner. Any tips, tricks, or hints?

day 16 is the road test right? Don't jump the curb.

The info session has changed quite a lot since I applied.  You will be asked to write a series of tests (I guess the aptitude test).  When you finish all the tests, you will be assigned to a number.  At the end of the day, they will call out all the numbers that made it in the interview round.  If your number is not called, you will have to reapply in 2 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BusFreak93 said:

Hey Friends,

Just curious if anyone is willing to share:

What their first paycheque during training amounted to after taxes/dues deducted

What their first paycheque working at 40hrs/week @26.10 after dues and benefits are taken out as well.

I've been using tax calculators to give me a rough estimate but if anyone is comfortable sharing this information it would be greatly appreciated. From what I read the union dues work out to 50 cents a day?

Thanks again :) 

Training is 6 hours a day for pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just giving you all my timeline on my application...

Applied: Feb 6th

Information Session: May 8th

Attended Info session: May 23rd

Conditional Offer: May 23rd

Medical: May 31st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Just giving you all my timeline on my application...

Applied: Feb 6th

Information Session: May 8th

Attended Info session: May 23rd

Conditional Offer: May 23rd

Medical: May 31st

Ttc is working on fast pace.  But I m curious to know if u have to complete report for going on different routes. I forgot the specific word.  

1 minute ago, Newbie ttc said:

Ttc is working on fast pace.  But I m curious to know if u have to complete report for going on different routes. I forgot the specific word.  

I got it. Job shadowing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this from a friend

The TTC is fast, isnt it? My friend applied for the operator at the end of April. Yesterday the information session was judged to be an interview with four questions, and then he gave me an offer right away. The whole process was 15 minutes, including reference check and educational background

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Got this from a friend

The TTC is fast, isnt it? My friend applied for the operator at the end of April. Yesterday the information session was judged to be an interview with four questions, and then he gave me an offer right away. The whole process was 15 minutes, including reference check and educational background

No OT is forcing them to hire more Operators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 11:48 AM, BusFreak93 said:

Hey Friends,

Just curious if anyone is willing to share:

What their first paycheque during training amounted to after taxes/dues deducted

What their first paycheque working at 40hrs/week @26.10 after dues and benefits are taken out as well.

I've been using tax calculators to give me a rough estimate but if anyone is comfortable sharing this information it would be greatly appreciated. From what I read the union dues work out to 50 cents a day?

Thanks again :) 

There's also a union initiation fee as well. I think it's $500 but I believe they deduct $50 over 10 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Impala101 said:

No OT is forcing them to hire more Operators.

This is absolutely correct. Retirements were taken into consideration but the O.T thing is what's causing the hiring rush/fast track

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend had his info session yesterday. He wrote the test and was chosen for the interview. He said about half the room were chosen and the other half had to leave. He had his interview and was successful, received his conditional offer and date for medical right there and then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, havox said:

My friend had his info session yesterday. He wrote the test and was chosen for the interview. He said about half the room were chosen and the other half had to leave. He had his interview and was successful, received his conditional offer and date for medical right there and then. 

The same for my girlfriend...easy street eh lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

applied : April 28

Information session : may 24

conditional offer : may 24

Medical : June 12

I went for an information session on may 24,2018, I have my conditional offer and the date for medical, I am confused about the reference checks, the form which they have given to fill up does not have any space for who to be contacted for reference, does this mean that the only thing left is medical and police check?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Many people have recently graduated university, I was just wondering how old some of you guys are who applied and how much experience you had. Not for me, but I know a few friends who are interested but is 21/22 too young? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, yrt1000 said:

As Many people have recently graduated university, I was just wondering how old some of you guys are who applied and how much experience you had. Not for me, but I know a few friends who are interested but is 21/22 too young? 

Definitely not. I had a girl in my documentation who was 21 years old. My trainer told us that they are actively looking for people who have customer service experience. So if you have dealt with people for some years it definitely helps your application. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

a lot of the operators are retiring.

.....among other (ahem) reasons...Toronto life magazine laid it all out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Karamveer said:

applied : April 28

Information session : may 24

conditional offer : may 24

Medical : June 12

I went for an information session on may 24,2018, I have my conditional offer and the date for medical, I am confused about the reference checks, the form which they have given to fill up does not have any space for who to be contacted for reference, does this mean that the only thing left is medical and police check?

No reference check even though it states it in conditional offer. You fast track people have no idea how easy you have it getting the job so effortlessly. I did information session. Waited six weeks to find out I passed and had an interview. Made two trips into Toronto to complete rides for job shadowing. Spent a couple hours writing out reports. Waited a month for interview. Made another trip to Toronto for interview which was 1 hour. Waited ten days for third party to contact references. Then finally got conditional offer. P.s I'm jealous lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zerocool said:

No reference check even though it states it in conditional offer. You fast track people have no idea how easy you have it getting the job so effortlessly. I did information session. Waited six weeks to find out I passed and had an interview. Made two trips into Toronto to complete rides for job shadowing. Spent a couple hours writing out reports. Waited a month for interview. Made another trip to Toronto for interview which was 1 hour. Waited ten days for third party to contact references. Then finally got conditional offer. P.s I'm jealous lol

Hahaha, trust me it seems so easy that i thought it is not possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Zerocool said:

This is absolutely correct. Retirements were taken into consideration but the O.T thing is what's causing the hiring rush/fast track

Whole point of the no OT was for them to fill maintenance positions not hire more ops. So now hiring ops like crazy and still not filling those maintenance positions.......😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, andyman said:

Whole point of the no OT was for them to fill maintenance positions not hire more ops. So now hiring ops like crazy and still not filling those maintenance positions.......😕

There are virtually no 310Ts out there to hire anyway. They’ve been reduced to hiring 310S car guys as apprentices, and upgrade them internally over time. This has been the case for some years now.

Any they do find tend to quit within the first year, when the reality of a foreseeable future of nothing but night and afternoon shifts with mid week off days sets in.

It really puts the commission at an obvious disadvantage compared to the private sector. Wage is starting to fall behind comparable trucking outfits and dealers too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Karamveer said:

Hahaha, trust me it seems so easy that i thought it is not possible.

how long does it take after medical and background check for them to get back to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...