Jump to content

TTC Application Process


ericgu22
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Eastsider said:

I believe this to be incorrect. I'm completely healthy, drug free and have never had any type of health issue, yet I received a letter from MTO yesterday citing that I've been cleared.  

When was your medical appointment? I'm just trying to establish an expected timeline for myself. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deepak said:

Hi everyone I had my interview on April 30 haven’t received any call or email since then. They told me that they will contact in  2 to 4 weeks. None of my reference got contacted yet it’s been two weeks already.should I still hope. Thanks 

thanks

How do you feel your interview went? Do you feel confident? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zerocool said:

When was your medical appointment? I'm just trying to establish an expected timeline for myself. Thanks

I'm in the exact same boat as you; I scowered this forum and it seems there's a 28-30 day wait between the medical and documentation session. I've waited nearly 3 weeks now. 1 week to go! 

7 minutes ago, Deepak said:

I think it went well 

You should be fine then,give them a few more days. Also make sure your reference are picking up their phone. One of my references played phone tag with ttc for a week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, Bigballer21 said:

Hi there

when was your interview date ? just wanted to know if it was the same time as mine which was on April 21 2018

Hi,

I had interview on 28 February and it is Apprentice position. 

 

Thank You.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:35 AM, wiggum93 said:

Just did my medical Thursday for a trades position. It was a vision test, hearing test, blood pressure, and piss test. The fitness was pretty simple. I had to carry a loaded tool box around a hallway and up and down a flight of stairs, push and pull a cart with wheels, and move some 5lb weights around. I think instead of a tool box, you carry around a fare box and the rest of the test should be the same more or less.

As for the surgery, as long as you can perform daily functions, you should be good to go.

Thank You very much for valuable reply. Still waiting for appointment. And I have no any issue with bending or doing daily activity.  I am in Apprentice so might be the same kind medical requirement. 

 Thank You.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hope said:

Hi,

I had interview on 28 February and it is Apprentice position. 

 

Thank You.

Thank You very much for valuable reply. Still waiting for appointment. And I have no any issue with bending or doing daily activity.  I am in Apprentice so might be the same kind medical requirement. 

 Thank You.

Forgot to mention they measure your heart rate after each task

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Eastsider said:

I believe this to be incorrect. I'm completely healthy, drug free and have never had any type of health issue, yet I received a letter from MTO yesterday citing that I've been cleared.  

First week of April. 

I meant to say that TTC will hold off your application in the recruitment process until they get the MTO clear. The medical letter is just for your reference.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys.. got a few questions. I've been reading this whole thread and on other sites, and from what I have seen people did their interviews on a different date from the information session. However, the invitation I got in my email says, "Upon satisfactory result of your assessment, you will be invited to a one-time opportunity where we will hold a face-to-face interview on the same day." Does this mean I will be doing the interview on the same day? Or am I interpreting this the wrong way? Can someone tell me, approximately, how many days after the orientation do you have to complete your medical test? 

Thanks all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, justasomeone said:

Hey guys.. got a few questions. I've been reading this whole thread and on other sites, and from what I have seen people did their interviews on a different date from the information session. However, the invitation I got in my email says, "Upon satisfactory result of your assessment, you will be invited to a one-time opportunity where we will hold a face-to-face interview on the same day." Does this mean I will be doing the interview on the same day? Or am I interpreting this the wrong way? Can someone tell me, approximately, how many days after the orientation do you have to complete your medical test? 

Thanks all. 

They are fast tracking hiring! Absolutely this means on info session day you will have an interview. Providing of coarse you receive a satisfactory test score. My girlfriend just got the same email. I am at the end of the hiring process and it's been about 5.5 months. At this rate if all goes well they will have this shortened to a month. Your medical would be booked right after they assess if you passed the interview, your references check out and you get a conditional offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, justasomeone said:

Hey guys.. got a few questions. I've been reading this whole thread and on other sites, and from what I have seen people did their interviews on a different date from the information session. However, the invitation I got in my email says, "Upon satisfactory result of your assessment, you will be invited to a one-time opportunity where we will hold a face-to-face interview on the same day." Does this mean I will be doing the interview on the same day? Or am I interpreting this the wrong way? Can someone tell me, approximately, how many days after the orientation do you have to complete your medical test? 

Thanks all. 

I heard of this while at hillcrest today, it’s true that some of the people invited for information sessions are being interviewed on the spot (if successful in the tests). This eliminates a lot of the waiting and fast tracks the hiring process in order to hire few hundred extra operators to meet demands. I heard they need close to 1000 new operators this year, rather than the 600 or so they initially planned on hiring 

2 hours ago, Busguy87 said:

Does anyone think it will be a challenge to learn to drive the bus without any commercial vehicle driving experience, or do they prepare you enough to easily pass the road test?

They do a good job in training and teaching you, you don’t necessarily need previous commercial vehicle driving experience in order to succeed. Per the management, they have a 80% pass rate compared to MTO which has a 70% rate, they are investing a lot of time and money in training you and want you to pass

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Zerocool said:

They are fast tracking hiring! Absolutely this means on info session day you will have an interview. Providing of coarse you receive a satisfactory test score. My girlfriend just got the same email. I am at the end of the hiring process and it's been about 5.5 months. At this rate if all goes well they will have this shortened to a month. Your medical would be booked right after they assess if you passed the interview, your references check out and you get a conditional offer.

i received a revised email stating the same thing. I am more nervous about the test than the interview. how are you guys preparing for the test? How many applicants do you guys anticipate to be there at the info session?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

i received a revised email stating the same thing. I am more nervous about the test than the interview. how are you guys preparing for the test? How many applicants do you guys anticipate to be there at the info session?

You can't really prepare for this test as it's either you know it or you don't. Just remember you only have 12 minutes to complete as many questions as possible. Don't take too much time on any question. I had 120 people in my information session and it was the biggest snow storm of the year lol. The place looked like it could easily accommodate 200 people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

i received a revised email stating the same thing. I am more nervous about the test than the interview. how are you guys preparing for the test? How many applicants do you guys anticipate to be there at the info session?

I’m the opposite. I’m more nervous about the interview than I am with the test lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

i received a revised email stating the same thing. I am more nervous about the test than the interview. how are you guys preparing for the test? How many applicants do you guys anticipate to be there at the info session?

Look up wonderlic sample questions online. It will be similar. I did not realize it was wonderlic test until after writing the test. Just pay attention to the questions and read everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Everyone, this will be a lengthier post however I hope the information included will be helpful for candidates with Special Medical Requirements. (Sleep Apnea, Diabetes, etc)

Applied: October 19th 2017

Invite received for Info Session: November 30th 2017

Info Session: December 6th 2017

Invite received for Interview: January 23rd 2018

Interview Date: February 27th 2018 - References called 4-5 business days later

Conditional Offer Call + Email received: March 10th 2018 

Medical Date: March 16th 2018 (Was advised to see sleep specialist)

Pre booked Sleep Specialist Appt: March 19th 2018 ** - Had I not had a pre existing specialist appointment, I would add 1-3 months to your timeline.

30 Day Sleep Monitoring Cycle Begins - Advised to stay in contact with recruiter and provide an update every 2 weeks on progress (no need to disclose medical specifics)

TPS Clearance Received: March 23rd 2018 - Scanned copy sent to recruiter as per instructions

Sleep Specialist Follow Up: April 19th 2018

Medysis File Completed: April 20th 2018

MTO Received Medysis File: April 23rd 2018 - Call MTO Medical Review Line 416 235 1773 to check for status updates.

MTO Approval Granted: May 7th 2018

Documentation Call: May 11th 2018

MTO Letter Received: May 14th 2018 (Not required by TTC, just for your own personal records ~ it pops up in the Training Dept's electronic system)

Documentation: May 16th 2018

Training Date Call: May 17th 2018

Training: Mode: Bus @ Wilson Bus Division : June 4th 2018

Any questions, feel free to ask. I'd like to thank everyone for posting in this forum as it made the long recruitment process a lot easier for me. Sounds like for many of you it will start to get even shorter!

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...