TTC Application Process

ericgu22

3 hours ago, TheAverageGuy said:

I have a BZ License already, does anyone happen to know if I still have to do the MTO Written test portion as part of the training? Or just the road test portion?

i only ask because MTO recently introduced anyone writing a C or B Written Test on rules of the road are required to answer D (truck related) questions too, if I recall correctly that was a little difficult since the trainging (and my experience) is/has been strictly busses only

both

On 5/7/2018 at 11:46 AM, Hellothere said:

Hey friends, what happens at the documentation session? What do I need to bring other than my criminal record check? Is there anything I need to prepare for?

I appreciate all the help and insight I received from this thread. Good luck everyone

Just now, Deepak said:
On 5/7/2018 at 11:46 AM, Hellothere said:

Hey friends, what happens at the documentation session? What do I need to bring other than my criminal record check? Is there anything I need to prepare for?

I appreciate all the help and insight I received from this thread. Good luck everyone

You should have received an email with what you need to bring. It really depends on your situation. Read that email.

1 hour ago, Deepak said:

Hello is there anyone who had his interview on April 30. Had there references got contacted yet of did they get any email for updates. Thanks

While we appreciate the questions, many of these have been discussed several times in the thread. Taking the time to go through the thread and reading everyone's experiences / following your email instructions will put you further ahead in the recruitment process. It's minimal effort for a potentially rewarding career :)

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 11:21 AM, mizzll said:

So I just got the email from HR that they won't be proceeding with my candidacy as an operator.  :( Would it be inappropriate for me to ask why not?  I thought I aced the Hi when was your interview date?

So I just got the email from HR that they won't be proceeding with my candidacy as an operator.  :( Would it be inappropriate for me to ask why not?  I thought I aced the interview.

When was your interview date?

So I just got the email from HR that they won't be proceeding with my candidacy as an operator.  :( Would it be inappropriate for me to ask why not?  I thought I aced the interview.

Did they ever get back to you and explain?

On 5/9/2018 at 5:33 PM, Deepak said:

Hello is there anyone who had his interview on April 30. Had there references got contacted yet of did they get any email for updates. Thanks

I had an interview in April 21 2018 . My references have not been contacted either. I haven’t received an email either. I’m being hopeful but I think maybe if it’s taking this long then I should move on . They said 4 to 6 weeks but if my references have not been contacted then my chances a much less now . 

3 hours ago, Bigballer21 said:

I had an interview in April 21 2018 . My references have not been contacted either. I haven’t received an email either. I’m being hopeful but I think maybe if it’s taking this long then I should move on . They said 4 to 6 weeks but if my references have not been contacted then my chances a much less now . 

I would give them the allotted time. While some users have had their references contacted earlier, I was informed by my recruiter that they are a little backed up finalizing documentation and training dates as they need to be in constant contact with the training dept to schedule this. My recruiter has even replied to some of my emails at 10PM haha. 

• Like 1

I see many questions (including myself) have to do with wait times. Maybe it will be beneficial for all of us to note our experience in regards to the interview process, here's mine so far:

In October 2017 I received my orientation invite. This oriention was about 4 hours. They explained what to expect being a transit operator in Toronto and I also had to complete 2 test. The first test was to solve as much math related questions as possible within a certain time frame, and the second test was for me to write a quick paragraph on a topic of their choice (ex. why I wanted to work with the TTC).These test are easy, what make them difficult is the amount of time they give you. you don't need to study. best advice I can give is to go in with a clear head; if you don't know the answer to the question move on to the next one, I never spent more than 15 seconds on a single question. For the paragraph you have to complete only use vocabulary you know how to spell, keep it simple, if you make a error don't erase just cross it out and keep going with your thought. If you can, try to write a rough draft first. 

Initially I had my interview schedule in January, then (due to personal reason) it was reschedule to March. Then reschedule again (due to ugh, me not following instructions) to April 2 2018.

2 to 3 days after that ttc was calling my references. 

On April 20 I Recieved a phone call/email in regards to a job offer (wohoo!). The email included a few documents which included my conditional offer of employment, pay, police clearance and some documents you need to sign for your medical. 

April 23 I completed my medical. Took 4 to 5 hours to complete. The first thing I'd like to say is affer you sign in you can't leave until you complete your urine test! Noone told me this! I had to take a crap but they  said if I leave I fail. I really had to go so they took me in pretty quickly to complete the urine test (pee in a cup, easy). From there They tested my eye sight, hearing and blood pressure. After that I complete a basic exercise test which consist of picking up 5lbs weight and setting it down above my head. After that I had to push a cart on wheels down the hallway and back. Tthheennnnn after that (leave the hardest for last) they had me pick up a 30-40lbs box with one hand carry it down the hallway then down a flight of stairs and back. Keep in mind they are checking your heart rate everytime you complete a task. 

On Friday may 5 I received my criminal record check in the mail from tps (same one you completed from the interview) and as instructed i forwarded it to my ttc contact. On the following Monday  i was told by email if everything turns out satisfactory I'll get information  for my documentation. 

Now I'm waiting................. 

I hope this gives some insight to some. I will update soon as I receive news. 

5 hours ago, BusFreak93 said:

I would give them the allotted time. While some users have had their references contacted earlier, I was informed by my recruiter that they are a little backed up finalizing documentation and training dates as they need to be in constant contact with the training dept to schedule this. My recruiter has even replied to some of my emails at 10PM haha. 

Wow really, well that’s given me more confidence. Much appreciated I can go back to being more hopeful. Would you recommend me emailing my recruiter for an update or should I just wait patiently? Just being curious and anxious I guess 

I applied in February 2017

contacted for info session July (couldn’t go I was on vacation) 

Got another invite for info session Jan 2018

got an interview March 12th

they called my references that day about an hour after interview 

contacted by phone saying I passed interview March 21st

medical/physical/drug test March 27th

documentation was April 27th

called me two days later and training starts Wednesday may 16th

BUS 

WILSON DIVISION 😐

Anyone else start training in may 16th at Hillcrest and assigned to Wilson ??? 

13 hours ago, Bigballer21 said:

Wow really, well that’s given me more confidence. Much appreciated I can go back to being more hopeful. Would you recommend me emailing my recruiter for an update or should I just wait patiently? Just being curious and anxious I guess 

I would wait; The recruiter didn't contact my references. A different person did. So personally I don't think emailing the recruiter would make a difference unless you start passing that 6 week mark.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bigballer21 said:

No news is good news, this process will test your patience. 

• Like 1

I have got conditional offer letter and needs to go for medical and drug test. 

I want to know what is included in the medical test? Is there any issue if had accident before and had knee surgery. 

What are the task needs to be done in medical and physical test? If anyone have doen recently from Medisys Clinic please advice me.

Thank you

On 5/11/2018 at 4:11 PM, R2-DETOUR said:

Which divisions would be considered best/worst to work at? Taking things like seniority, routes, crime, management, staff, fleet, as examples of criteria. Personal opinions is what i’m Looking for.

most challenging routes: Mount Dennis

Easiest routes: Malvern

Most senior division Queensway and Malvern

14 hours ago, Hope said:

I have got conditional offer letter and needs to go for medical and drug test. 

I want to know what is included in the medical test? Is there any issue if had accident before and had knee surgery. 

What are the task needs to be done in medical and physical test? If anyone have doen recently from Medisys Clinic please advice me.

Thank you

Just did my medical Thursday for a trades position. It was a vision test, hearing test, blood pressure, and piss test. The fitness was pretty simple. I had to carry a loaded tool box around a hallway and up and down a flight of stairs, push and pull a cart with wheels, and move some 5lb weights around. I think instead of a tool box, you carry around a fare box and the rest of the test should be the same more or less.

As for the surgery, as long as you can perform daily functions, you should be good to go.

• Like 1