TTC Application Process

ericgu22

39 minutes ago, TTCOpITM said:

The work is picked in 6 week blocks called board periods. If you sign your own crew, it will come with off days (most likely 2). You'll do a certain crew during the week and it will come with a certain crew on Saturday. You'll pick your Sunday crew separately. You'll do these same pieces of work for 6 weeks until the board period changes.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

43 minutes ago, TTCOpITM said:

The work is picked in 6 week blocks called board periods. If you sign your own crew, it will come with off days (most likely 2). You'll do a certain crew during the week and it will come with a certain crew on Saturday. You'll pick your Sunday crew separately. You'll do these same pieces of work for 6 weeks until the board period changes.

Unless you are on vacation board.  Vacation board cover whoever is away for a week.

19 hours ago, Funkyboodah said:

Finally got the call for documentation this Friday the 20th 12:45pm, was a little worried but being patient and this forum definitely helped.  Good Luck to everyone. 

Got my call yesterday too, booked for documentation on the same date and time as you, Friday @ 12:45pm

they didn’t say anything about start date.... however i want to take 2 weeks off work before training but I hear they only give a two week notice to start training.... so i gave my two week notice at work cause i can’t quit with no notice, hopefully i can get two weeks off before starting training.... hopefully doesnt end up being too long before training either

3 hours ago, TheAverageGuy said:

Got my call yesterday too, booked for documentation on the same date and time as you, Friday @ 12:45pm

they didn’t say anything about start date.... however i want to take 2 weeks off work before training but I hear they only give a two week notice to start training.... so i gave my two week notice at work cause i can’t quit with no notice, hopefully i can get two weeks off before starting training.... hopefully doesnt end up being too long before training either

Congrats, hoping for training to start soon too.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, parth17elec said:

I applied for the Radio Tech and I passed the aptitude test. Got the call for interview in early February,2018. None of my reference got the call frm TTC ..

Should I still be waiting for the job ????

I was there for the test too, got called in for the interview/hands on test last week. None of my references have gotten a call yet, either.

Hey everyone, Im on this site pretty frequently checking for updates and seeing how things are developing for you all. I understand patience is part of the process but I just wanted to see if anyone is in the same situation as me? I had my interview on March 24th and felt very prepared for it. I walked out feeling confident. I was told that i would be contacted in 4 to 6 weeks... I know I have yet to hit the 4th week but Im getting a little anxious because none of my references have been contacted. Should I be worried? Anyone else going through the same thing? I just really want the job offer and want to start the whole training process already (but dont we all??) Thanks for reading and Im eager to hear back from anyone with insight/advice.

Hi everyone

My documentation for transit operator is on April 18. They have for a form TTC form # 3889 which is for health benefits for dependents. In the email it is mentioned that I can get this form from TTC intranet but there is no link in the email.

Can anyone help with this?

9 hours ago, MindoverMatter said:

Hey everyone, Im on this site pretty frequently checking for updates and seeing how things are developing for you all. I understand patience is part of the process but I just wanted to see if anyone is in the same situation as me? I had my interview on March 24th and felt very prepared for it. I walked out feeling confident. I was told that i would be contacted in 4 to 6 weeks... I know I have yet to hit the 4th week but Im getting a little anxious because none of my references have been contacted. Should I be worried? Anyone else going through the same thing? I just really want the job offer and want to start the whole training process already (but dont we all??) Thanks for reading and Im eager to hear back from anyone with insight/advice.

You're OK. Just have to wait. They'll let you know regardless if you passed or not. 

6 hours ago, Shal32 said:

Hi everyone

My documentation for transit operator is on April 18. They have for a form TTC form # 3889 which is for health benefits for dependents. In the email it is mentioned that I can get this form from TTC intranet but there is no link in the email.

For my documentation, I was sent an email with a bunch of documents I had to print and bring with me attached to the email.  All other forms required were provided at documentation, including the health benefits for dependents form.  

Did you receive the email with attachments and instructions? I believe they were mostly tax forms.  

7 hours ago, Shal32 said:

Hi everyone

You have to use the computers at ttc office to access the intranet.

2 hours ago, havox said:

You're OK. Just have to wait. They'll let you know regardless if you passed or not. 

The recruitment process will test your patience but they will notify you of anything pass or fail but you can always touch base with your recruiter of any questions.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MindoverMatter said:

Hey .. Did you applied for the transit operator or or any other position? The 4 to 6 week time is their standard time after the interview and from what I know, they always tell you regardless of you passed or failed the interview.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Max3031 said:

Received my call for training today. I start Wednesday 02 May 2018. My mode will be bus and my Division will be Malvern. I'm very excited. Final leg of this race.

Awesome, congratulations and best of luck. I was hoping for malvern (or somewhere in scarborough) too.

Question regarding references:

When they say "references within 5 years", are they saying you can PICK references within the past 5 years OR do you HAVE TO list all your Supervisors/Managers within the past 5 years? If there is a Supervisor/Manager you'd rather not list because of XYZ reason, do you HAVE to list him/her?

7 hours ago, slowtyper said:

For my documentation, I was sent an email with a bunch of documents I had to print and bring with me attached to the email.  All other forms required were provided at documentation, including the health benefits for dependents form.  

Did you receive the email with attachments and instructions? I believe they were mostly tax forms.  

Ok thanks. Ya I got the email with attachments. 

9 hours ago, slowtyper said:

The initial email with the attachments is the one that is most important. Read the instructions in that email, print and fill out the forms from that email. The 2 other emails that followed are basically for your information only. Just read through them if you're interested. 

3 hours ago, TheAverageGuy said:

Awesome, congratulations and best of luck. I was hoping for malvern (or somewhere in scarborough) too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the location. At the documentation meeting we were informed that after you do your 10 months you have a chance to apply for a transfer to another division. After that transfer you are locked in for the 2 years to that division. 

5 hours ago, Max3031 said:

Received my call for training today. I start Wednesday 02 May 2018. My mode will be bus and my Division will be Malvern. I'm very excited. Final leg of this race.

Congrats! It is by far not the 'Final leg!'... lol! A lot of work to be done and training is hard, but if you try to keep your head on straight... you will do well. Enjoy the feeling that comes with the 'call' and relish it!! Keep us posted!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fembot said:

Congrats! It is by far not the 'Final leg!'... lol! A lot of work to be done and training is hard, but if you try to keep your head on straight... you will do well. Enjoy the feeling that comes with the 'call' and relish it!! Keep us posted!

Well, final leg in the application process (Step 10). Now to pass training. I'll keep you guys posted. And thank you! Relishing every second of it. :)

23 minutes ago, Shal32 said:

Anyone has idea where to park when we go to Hillcrest complex for documentation?

Same here, would like info on parking, going in for documentation this Friday

3 hours ago, havox said:

The initial email with the attachments is the one that is most important. Read the instructions in that email, print and fill out the forms from that email. The 2 other emails that followed are basically for your information only. Just read through them if you're interested. 

I wouldn't worry too much about the location. At the documentation meeting we were informed that after you do your 10 months you have a chance to apply for a transfer to another division. After that transfer you are locked in for the 2 years to that division. 

Ahhh, good to know, thanks for sharing this. At least if i dont get something near me to start I’ll look forward to a transfer 

There is a privately owned lot shoehorned in between the south property line and the north side of the railway underpass. 

Parking is flat rate. Entrance is on the west side of Bathurst, immediately past the underpass. Blink and you’ll miss it.