TTC Application Process

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got my documentation call today for next week Wednesday February 22nd!! I'm sure more of you will be getting calls this week! 

Finally got the call for training!!! Starting on June 6th Mode: Subway Division: Bloor/Danforth So excited to start it's been a long time coming and I cannot wait! Does anyone have any helpful

Ok so i decided i should write this for all those who are reading this thread and might come across this. NEVER GIVE UP! I just got my training call yesterday for Feb 13, Streetcar operator but my

Posted Images

Hey All,

Received the training call today. Mode: Bus. Division: Arrow Road. I start at Hillcrest on May 31st.

It has certainly been quite a wait here and I am super excited to get started. 

I wish you all the very best and hope to see some of you real soon at Arrow Road.

Cheers.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, johndoe said:

Hey All,

Received the training call today. Mode: Bus. Division: Arrow Road. I start at Hillcrest on May 31st.

It has certainly been quite a wait here and I am super excited to get started. 

I wish you all the very best and hope to see some of you real soon at Arrow Road.

Cheers.

Congrats! See you at Arrow

7 hours ago, Trini12 said:

@a1brt our seniority goes up again 😂

haha nice!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jingggles said:

hey guys, 

quick question i applied earlier this year wondering, when i would be getting a email ? 

thanks ! 

It took 10 weeks in my case to invite me to the info session. Whole process is around 12 months, give or take.

15 hours ago, Jingggles said:

hey guys, 

quick question i applied earlier this year wondering, when i would be getting a email ? 

thanks ! 

Just because you applied it doesn't mean you will get an email. Thousands apply and never get contacted at all. Everyone has a different timeline. I didn't get contacted for over 1 year and 2 months. My classmate applied for 8 years. Another classmate over 3 years. Another classmate 7 months. 

Good luck.

• Like 1
On 2017-05-15 at 5:28 PM, Jingggles said:

hey guys, 

thanks ! 

It took me six months to be invited to the info session. 

5 hours ago, NewToThis said:

Hello everyone.

After a fair amount of (mostly) patient waiting, my documentation is set for next week.  Does anyone know how long it would take for a training date after documentation?

Cheers

Hey,

My documentation is next week Thursday - i agree, a long process ( applied August 2016 ) and currently there is no date for training either. 

They really make you earn your spot here eh ? :lol:

Did you apply for Collector or Transit ?

6 hours ago, dwizzy85 said:

Hey,

My documentation is next week Thursday - i agree, a long process ( applied August 2016 ) and currently there is no date for training either. 

They really make you earn your spot here eh ? :lol:

Did you apply for Collector or Transit ?

Transit Operator.

Finally got the call for training!!!

Starting on June 6th

Mode: Subway

Division: Bloor/Danforth

So excited to start it's been a long time coming and I cannot wait! Does anyone have any helpful tips or advice moving forward in the training process? Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me along the way in the hiring process and all the best to those still waiting for calls! Just be patient your time will come too 😉

• Like 9

Hey Everyone!

Received my call for training day! Start Wed June 7 - MODE BUS - WILSON DIVISION. Looking forward to finally starting! Really appreciate all the great info this page has and good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

• Like 5
On 2017-05-17 at 7:21 PM, Pirlo said:

Finally got the call for training!!!

Starting on June 6th

Mode: Subway

Division: Bloor/Danforth

So excited to start it's been a long time coming and I cannot wait! Does anyone have any helpful tips or advice moving forward in the training process? Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me along the way in the hiring process and all the best to those still waiting for calls! Just be patient your time will come too 😉

@Pirlo when was your medical date if you don't mine me asking? TIA

20 hours ago, Transitman83 said:

Mine was January 4th. Hopefully not too much longer for me then. Good luck with your training 👍🏻

Yes I'm sure they will be calling you soon too then! Thank you and good luck to you as well!

Hi everyone, after a couple hours of reviewing this AWESOME forum, I couldn't find a post about the answers for job shadow assignment. I have a interview next week, so I hope that someone can help me with answering. I have some thoughts, but I would like to hear your ideas.

There is the assignment;

1. yonge blue night bus (320)
  2. queen blue night street car (301). But now, because of construction, they running the bus through all route, instead of streetcar. So I'm wondering, what they prefer; to stay on the route or take another blue night streetcar? I did the route with bus.
  3. 1 downtown streetcar (NOT queen streetcar) during the rush hours. 
  4. one route west of yonge
  5. one route east of yonge.

Can someone give me some suggestions how is best to answer the questions related to each route;

1. What types of customer interactions took place on this route between the operator and customers? What are your main observations in regards to customer expectations?
  2. please describe how the operator multitasks. Identify some of the tasks performed and indicate how he managed those tasks at the time.

There's also a summary questions;

1. What do you consider are the positive aspects of an operator's job?
  2. What do you consider are the main challenges of an operator?
  3. How would you handle these challenges and what do you believe will motivate you to be successful in this job?
  4. Based on what you observed, describe the differences in operating a bus and streetcar.

Thanks for help