TTC Application Process

Hello! I'm new to this forum and just had a question. My husband applied online for an Operator position on August 19th got an email back 3 weeks later inviting him to information session. He received another email moving him forward to the job shadowing which is where is his now. He's done a couple of routes so far. His face to face interview is scheduled later this month. For those of you who have been through the process, just wondering if you can give some insight as to what he can expect. I heard from an operator that the interview is about 2 hours in length and scenario based questions.

Thank you! :)

Hello! I'm new to this forum and just had a question. My husband applied online for an Operator position on August 19th got an email back 3 weeks later inviting him to information session. He received another email moving him forward to the job shadowing which is where is his now. He's done a couple of routes so far. His face to face interview is scheduled later this month. For those of you who have been through the process, just wondering if you can give some insight as to what he can expect. I heard from an operator that the interview is about 2 hours in length and scenario based questions.

Thank you! :)

It will take awhile but review all the posts in this topic. But basically Star interview type....customer service based.

He received another email moving him forward to the job shadowing which is where is his now. He's done a couple of routes so far.

Lol speaking of which I remember there were like THREE people on my bus who were doing the job shadowing for 320 yonge bus (all on the EXACT same time). I remember that there was one couple though.

Lol speaking of which I remember there were like THREE people on my bus who were doing the job shadowing for 320 yonge bus (all on the EXACT same time). I remember that there was one couple though.

I had 5 people on my bus doing shadow assignment on 320. 3 of them were YRT operators.

I had 5 people on my bus doing shadow assignment on 320. 3 of them were YRT operators.

Yeah YRT sucks, every couple years when contracts flip you have to reapply for your job with no guarantee of getting rehired. I guy was telling me the other day if your involved with the union your most likely not getting rehired either.