TTC Application Process

I signed my conditional offer on Friday, medical tomorrow. They said my group probably won't start training until Feb or March because the current group in holding pool A is next up in January. Looks like there's still a bit of a wait.

One thing I did notice on the offer was that we have to wait a full year before we can take our 2 weeks vacation. I was surprised at the 2 weeks. On the job shadowing one of the operators had told me 3 weeks. Does anyone know when the 2 increases to 3?

2 week after the first calendar year (Jan 1st). 3 weeks after the second.

If you start early in the year you get screwed, especially if you start after your birthday as you won't get your two single days either, (Edit) in your first year.

2 week after the first calendar year (Jan 1st). 3 weeks after the second.

If you start early in the year you get screwed, especially if you start after your birthday as you won't get your two single days either.

not really. I had 2 birthday floaters when I started in January.

Also you don't have to wait one year before you get 2 week vacation. I.E. You can start working in June 2012 and you are entitle to 2 weeks of vacation in 2013.

Also you don't have to wait one year before you get 2 week vacation. I.E. You can start working in June 2012 and you are entitle to 2 weeks of vacation in 2013.

I hadn't heard about the birthday floaters. Something to look forward to! :)

Everything I wrote is true, you reiterated what I wrote, read it again.

If you got your floaters in your first year you must have celebrated your birthday after you started working.

From wiki:

Generally speaking, a calendar year begins on the New Year's Day of the given calendar system and ends on the day before the following New Year's Day. By convention, a calendar year consists of a natural number of days. To reconcile the calendar year with an astronomical cycle (which could not possibly be reckoned in a whole number of days), certain years contain extra days. Through further insertion of non-day units of time, the calendar year can be further synchronized; however, these extra units of time are not considered part of the calendar.

In the year that you start, if your birthday proceeds your seniority/start date then you don't get your two birthdate floaters (single days).

Everything I wrote is true, you reiterated what I wrote, read it again. If you got your floaters in your first year you must have celebrated your birthday after you started working. From wiki: Generally speaking, a calendar year begins on the New Year's Day of the given calendar system and ends on the day before the following New Year's Day. By convention, a calendar year consists of a natural number of days. To reconcile the calendar year with an astronomical cycle (which could not possibly be reckoned in a whole number of days), certain years contain extra days. Through further insertion of non-day units of time, the calendar year can be further synchronized; however, these extra units of time are not considered part of the calendar. In the year that you start, if your birthday proceeds your seniority/start date then you don't get your two birthdate floaters (single days).
This is true, if you started in Dec. than as of January 1 you are entitled 2 weeks vacation but if you start at the beginning of the year you will have to wait till the new calender year before any vacation is available. Also if your bday is before your start date you are not entitled to it(bday/floater). 3 weeks vacation in your second year is amazing! Even for the vacation you will be placed in a selection pool, depends on size of division but there could be 3 selections for vacation and they rotate yearly so even though you are new it does not mean you will get crap vacation weeks.
  • 2 weeks later...

Did my infosession at the end of September, Interview 3 weeks later, signed conditional offer a week after that, the following week did the medical, had to get prints done by RCMP and FINALLY got that back this week and sent them into TPS to finish the background check.

Does any one know how long it takes after you send RCMP prints to TPS? I heard they're starting training 1st week of January, anybody else have start dates in January?

Really excited to get on and get started!

Did my infosession at the end of September, Interview 3 weeks later, signed conditional offer a week after that, the following week did the medical, had to get prints done by RCMP and FINALLY got that back this week and sent them into TPS to finish the background check.

Does any one know how long it takes after you send RCMP prints to TPS? I heard they're starting training 1st week of January, anybody else have start dates in January?

Because of the large volume of people being hired they start training almost every Monday. There is on average 6 to 10 people per class and from there you are split in to pairs; one pair per instructor.

I'm in the same position. My medical was on October 23, 2012, and I got my police clearance on November 11. This has been such a long process from the first day I sent in my application.

Timeline: From the time I went to the info session to the time I completely finsihed the training was 5 months. Add two months for time it took for a reply once the application was dropped off. Plus this was the second time applying for me. I first applied back in 2009 and never heard from anyone.

Fingerprints are a rarity, there must be somebody with the same name as you with a criminal record. The request for them will probably add a month to the process.

So I had the interview on 12-12-12 haven't heard nothing back.

They said to expect a call or letter. I felt it went okay but who knows!

The way i see it If they aren't going to accept me they'll just call right?

Instead of sending a letter And wasting paper!? Or are they more inclined to sent a letter

When not accepting a candidate so they don't have to speak to them in person..

What do you guys think??

Patiently waiting but not holding my breath any longer!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, been following this forum,impaticular this thread since September....I aplied for the transit operator position made it past the info session , then the phone interview , now I'm waiting for my upcoming face to face interview coming up.....any helpfull tips? I'm pretty nervous of not blowing it. I have my job shadowing project done and all the paperwork to go with, I'm just a bit nervous of the unexpected?

Same, got my police check, done my physical and drug, just waiting for the "call"

I signed the conditional offer back in November too. I'm so anxious to get started. I'm going to call HR on Monday to see if by chance I can reach someone and if I do, that they can give me a possible start date for training. I will post it here if I get any info.

Hello everyone, been following this forum,impaticular this thread since September....I aplied for the transit operator position made it past the info session , then the phone interview , now I'm waiting for my upcoming face to face interview coming up.....any helpfull tips? I'm pretty nervous of not blowing it. I have my job shadowing project done and all the paperwork to go with, I'm just a bit nervous of the unexpected?

I was surprised at how many questions they asked. I believe there were 14 regarding SPECIFIC examples of customer service, etc. Definitely use The STAR method.

I signed the conditional offer back in November too. I'm so anxious to get started. I'm going to call HR on Monday to see if by chance I can reach someone and if I do, that they can give me a possible start date for training. I will post it here if I get any info.

I was surprised at how many questions they asked. I believe there were 14 regarding SPECIFIC examples of customer service, etc. Definitely use The STAR method.

Don't worry, they will call you eventually. The HR department is pretty busy and it took them a long time before calling me back. Be patient.