ericgu22

TTC Application Process

5 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

👍

Are you sure about that? 😆

Sure looks like whining to me.

It appears you have pretty thin skin. This jobs might not be a right job for you. Is that clear enough for you?

Yep I'm sure, fair is fair and this isn't, why do I have thin skin because I ask a reasonable question that affects everyone? 

4 hours ago, NovaBus76 said:

Actually, it took 3-1/2 - 4hrs you know with all the waiting I did after the Testing and then the interview then waiting to sign my offer and book my medical, you should contact Human resources about why people are passing by others in the process that have been waiting for longer instead of posting your grievances here

Yes that's what I thought, I can tell! I can post a concern here doesnt harm anyone does it? Oh maybe those with thin skin...

5 hours ago, NovaBus76 said:

Well, They liked my work background and experience what can I say, Did I say it bothered me that you are posting here? I was merely suggesting you should contact HR about this "unfair" as you said hiring practice who knows it might get more answers then you would on here.  

And if you already work at TTC why do you care how are they hiring?

I care because I'm inquiring for a friend and because most of us waited well over a year. I know they're hiring based on needs but again it's not streamlined across the board for everyone. You aren't suppose to call them at all but again it seems like people do regardless of what they're told. 

I got bus 

On 2/6/2019 at 11:32 PM, BusMan87 said:

Congrats! What mode are you doing and what divison?

Thank you :) I got bus at Birchmount / Danforth 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NovaBus76 said:

Talk to your union rep if you can't talk to HR, I'm done talking about this, it's not my fault your buddy is stuck in a holding pattern, All I can say is I was lucky enough that I was brought in to an info session where if you passed testing and the written assignment you got interviewed and a conditional offer and medical date booked, This is the last I'm chiming in on about this, I wish your buddy well in the process 

This is not your issue at all. Like I said in an earlier post everyone's situation is different. Some people take a while to clear medical or police background checks while others get everything within a few weeks and can move on to documentation. Complaining about it here and throwing accusations about unfairness is not really appropriate. We don't know what's holding up his friend. In addition NovaBus76 is still going through the process and hasn't even had documentation done so comparing him to someone waiting to start training is not right either. So there's zero logic complaining about it here. Email HR and inquire. 

• Like 1

And btw my hiring process took close to a year and I don't begrudge anyone who gets fast tracked but I do think doing the ride along assignment would be beneficial to a lot of people to see what we have to do on a daily basis. 

3 minutes ago, NovaBus76 said:

I just didn't like when a certain person on here is trying to make me feel guilty or like I don't deserve to be in the process regardless of being in the fast-tracked or not

I agree that's why I said something about it. 

Now get your stuff done and start training so my seniority goes up a little more 😁

11 minutes ago, NovaBus76 said:

Yeah, I got ya Np 👍,  I know people think its driving in circles for your shift and people get on and off and you keep to yourself then go home, and they see the money it pays, and they think wow can't be that hard, then they get out there and BAM and think to themselves wow this is nothing I thought it was,  in the info session they stress to everyone it's more than just driving a big bus in circles there is A LOT more than that,  but I guess some ppl just have to find out the hard way 

👀

It's a total lifestyle change for a lot of people. Your days off will be during the week for a while so forget about doing a lot of stuff with your friends on the weekend ds. You'll be working all different hours too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

It's a total lifestyle change for a lot of people. Your days off will be during the week for a while so forget about doing a lot of stuff with your friends on the weekend ds. You'll be working all different hours too. 

I’ve seen more than a handful of marriages end up in the dumpster over this. And not just weekends. The day vs. night thing too. At least in maintenance, we don’t deal with splits.

I am so thankful that I got Eglinton division because I live in Scarborough. I think I would be super miserable if I got a division in the west end, just like my friend who got placed at Arrow and quit 2 months in... such a waste but he couldn't deal with the hours and commute .

31 minutes ago, havox said:

I am so thankful that I got Eglinton division because I live in Scarborough. I think I would be super miserable if I got a division in the west end, just like my friend who got placed at Arrow and quit 2 months in... such a waste but he couldn't deal with the hours and commute .

That's why the ride along assignment is beneficial. People get a bit of an idea what it's like to work as an operator. Especially the night portion since a lot of noobs have to do night work. 

23 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

That's why the ride along assignment is beneficial. People get a bit of an idea what it's like to work as an operator. Especially the night portion since a lot of noobs have to do night work. 

Yeah he wasn't required to do the job shadow assignment 

Get Onboard-Walk in the Shoes of a Transit Operator (Richard Lee) was a great book I stumbled upon at Chapters. Finished all of it there and bought it as well. I'm no op, but it was definitely an eyeopener. Great book based off hundreds of TTCs operator experiences. Certainly gave me a look into what ops have to go through. Anyone here could find it interesting and useful. 

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/get-onboard-walk-in-the/9781771831291-item.html

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NovaBus76 said:

I just didn't like when a certain person on here is trying to make me feel guilty or like I don't deserve to be in the process regardless of being in the fast-tracked or not

You're whack, if you both think it's fair that someone is waiting in que longer than you. He is done medical and doesnt have a documentation date 3 months later. 

I'm done talking about it as well, it shows the lack of maturity and empathy you both have regarding your future peers. I hope you both treat them with much more respect you've shown me in simply questioning fairness. 

🏻

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If you think the environment at the commission isn’t dog-eat-dog, you’re in for a rude awakening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ttcwait said:

You're whack, if you both think it's fair that someone is waiting in que longer than you. He is done medical and doesnt have a documentation date 3 months later. 

I'm done talking about it as well, it shows the lack of maturity and empathy you both have regarding your future peers. I hope you both treat them with much more respect you've shown me in simply questioning fairness. 

🏻

You really need to chill. NovaBus76 is just going through the hiring process. It's not like he's starting training before your friend is. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Someguy3071 said:

You really need to chill. NovaBus76 is just going through the hiring process. It's not like he's starting training before your friend is. 

giphy.gif

Not yet

• Like 1