ericgu22

TTC Application Process

4 hours ago, 9924 said:

Not being from Toronto.  I'm just curious as to if there is a pay difference between bus/streetcar?

Nope, same rate tiers for all modes.

19 hours ago, Romero said:

Thanks, I was just wondering. I dont know how the system works. I overheard something like that haha. I assume streetcar is a little bit easier

From what I remember from my job shadowing. The guys on streetcar said its more hectic, people cutting you off and j walkers. You can't try to turn and avoid it. You just brake. But I do get more sunlight than subway dudes

Thanks. I'm down for whatever to be honest. See how it goes

It's easier to drive/operate. But Defiantly not easier job. More traffic, rude people, no AC, dealing with intoxicated people on weekends. But hey, you will have the best view! 

On 1/21/2019 at 3:07 PM, Razeeb14 said:

Bus. Eglinton 

Put your mind at ease if you're going to Eglinton.. At least 40 new guys there (including myself, 7months) and counting. Most the senior guys are nice and willing to help. many of  Our routes have alot of construction (due to the new rt) going on, but our streets are wide. My only complaint is I wish Eglinton garage was alittle closer to the 401 lol

• Like 1

There's also alot of talk that new guys get night shifts. At Eglinton, this is not true. You're most likely will get split shifts, take whatever is remaining from vacation board, or be placed on spareboard.

Best bet is to Always go spareboard! Until you get your senority up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hellothere said:

Best bet is to Always go spareboard! Until you get your senority up.

I personally think best bet it to go on vacation board. You'll know what you're doing every week but you could be working early mornings one week and late relief or night bus the next. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

I personally think best bet it to go on vacation board. You'll know what you're doing every week but you could be working early mornings one week and late relief or night bus the next. 

Vacation can be good aswell, but I just dislike the splits. So far Ive never received a splits on spareboard. Matter of fact on spare board at times I Recieved special work, which has me doing 1-5 hours of work then I go home. Can't complain at all on those days. 

14 minutes ago, Hellothere said:

Vacation can be good aswell, but I just dislike the splits. So far Ive never received a splits on spareboard. Matter of fact on spare board at times I Recieved special work, which has me doing 1-5 hours of work then I go home. Can't complain at all on those days. 

If you're doing morning work on spareboard you'll likely have a split. No way to avoid that. Vacation board you can choose what you pick and if it something with a split it's only for one week. No big deal. And specials pay crap unless you're doing overtime. I'd rather have a high paying crew. 

10 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

If you're doing morning work on spareboard you'll likely have a split. No way to avoid that. Vacation board you can choose what you pick and if it something with a split it's only for one week. No big deal. And specials pay crap unless you're doing overtime. I'd rather have a high paying crew. 

I'm the exact opposite. I prefer not to work more than 40 hours; I start to wig out if my seat time is over 8 hours. but that's what great about this job. Lots of options to suit different people. 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:19 PM, Romero said:

Ok, wondering if anyone can reply to me quick. So I started my application process back in August, and now I slated to start Training on Feb 4th. On my email it says "Mode of trans...Streetcar" Does this mean I am going to be only trained on streetcars? I assumed all 3.

Thanks

only streetcar.  

58 minutes ago, NovaBus76 said:

lol My GF would take the 39 to finch and 39b home to Valley center drive and morning side from Finch, she always told me how the driver always left the front door open and never have the heat on except in the driver's area, so I guess that wasn't you lol

Lol I only turn the heat off on my last trip if I have people sleeping on the bus. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 4:39 AM, Bus_Medic said:

Nope, same rate tiers for all modes.

OK, cool. Was curious. Thanks! 👍

7 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

I heard that operator that smashed a Nova into the fense at Lawrence East Rt station was one of the fast tracked hires. 

Whoa what? Which fense? How is that even possible? 

13 minutes ago, Hellothere said:

Speed, weather conditions, inexperienced operator, anything is possible. 

4 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

ttc-bus.jpg

What's the story behind this? Did he fall asleep? Maybe s/he Really had to use the washroom?

8 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

I heard that operator that smashed a Nova into the fense at Lawrence East Rt station was one of the fast tracked hires. 

9 minutes ago, Yo_Yo said:

Speed, weather conditions, inexperienced operator, anything is possible. 

Did this happen recently? 

23 hours ago, Hellothere said:

I heard That was her third accident. 

no it is not.  Don't listen to rumors.  

13 hours ago, Hellothere said:

when you drive around the curve at  a high speed.  It is possible.  Some drivers like to turn off the traction control to help them to navagate the roads covered with snow 

5 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

when you drive around the curve at  a high speed.  It is possible.  Some drivers like to turn off the traction control to help them to navagate the roads covered with snow 

🤦‍♂️