ericgu22

TTC Application Process

3 minutes ago, NovaBus76 said:

What?

23 hours ago, NovaBus76 said:

Word on the street is a score of 15 or so out 50 is actually a decent score 

That.

4 minutes ago, NovaBus76 said:

What does this mean? Orion VI said " I this the one where people are happy to get less that 50% of the answers? Seriously?"

Your quote. You said the 15 out of 50 was a good score.

I meant that is this the same type of questions that people are happy to get like 15/50.

Just now, NovaBus76 said:

I don't understand the wording * I this the one ? *

I meant IS this the one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

Have you already or are you planning on applying for a job with TTC?

I'm thinking about it, why? Would that legally restrict my knowledge of the questions?

19 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

I'm thinking about it, why? Would that legally restrict my knowledge of the questions?

Well just do it already. It seems all the simple questions you ask we have to spoon feed you the answers that you could have easily figured out on your own.

And I'm fairly certain if you answered 50 questions on the test and got 15 of them correct you would not be moving forward. If I remember correctly I only got to about 38-40 and I know majority of my answers were correct.

8 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

Well just do it already. It seems all the simple questions you ask we have to spoon feed you the answers that you could have easily figured out on your own.

What are you saying? When have you spoon fed me ANYTHING? The working age? Thank you, if that's what you want, credit. 

I wouldn't be applying for a TTC job for at least 5 years anyway so, I don't have a good reason to see the questions. Just wanted to see them for personal amusement. Already said that.

19 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

What are you saying? When have you spoon fed me ANYTHING? The working age? Thank you, if that's what you want, credit. 

I wouldn't be applying for a TTC job for at least 5 years anyway so, I don't have a good reason to see the questions. Just wanted to see them for personal amusement. Already said that.

Oh I get it. You think higher post count is important. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Oh I get it. You think higher post count is important. 

I really don't. Can we stop this before someone else has to intervene?

9 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Tell that to the people that got transferred at 8-9 months. 

According to management it's possible but in a case by case scenario and must involve "compassionate grounds".

2 minutes ago, Yo_Yo said:

According to management it's possible but in a case by case scenario and must involve "compassionate grounds".

I personally know two people who got transfers before 10 months were up and they were not on compassionate grounds. Chances are small but it's very possible. 

• Sad 1

Ok, wondering if anyone can reply to me quick. So I started my application process back in August, and now I slated to start Training on Feb 4th. On my email it says "Mode of trans...Streetcar" Does this mean I am going to be only trained on streetcars? I assumed all 3.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Romero said:

Ok, wondering if anyone can reply to me quick. So I started my application process back in August, and now I slated to start Training on Feb 4th. On my email it says "Mode of trans...Streetcar" Does this mean I am going to be only trained on streetcars? I assumed all 3.

Thanks

Why would they train you on all 3?? 

I wonder sometimes about these newbies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Romero said:

Thanks

Just streetcar, where you will be staying for 2 years before you can even think of training for the other 2 modes lol. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Romero said:

Thanks

You get trained on streetcar only. Later on if you want to switch modes you can request a transfer and training will be provided for that mode. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Romero said:

Thanks

Enjoy it buddy, streetcar guys have it super chill, most chilled of of the 4 modes except maybe wheeltrans, that and streetcar are a toss up

9 hours ago, havox said:

Just streetcar, where you will be staying for 2 years before you can even think of training for the other 2 modes lol. 

8 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

You get trained on streetcar only. Later on if you want to switch modes you can request a transfer and training will be provided for that mode. 

They have been training streetcar Ops to be Dual mode on buses, and have been for years. So if you get the training depending on if they need you or not that's 2/3 right there.

Thanks, I was just wondering. I dont know how the system works. I overheard something like that haha. I assume streetcar is a little bit easier

1 hour ago, TheAverageGuy said:

Enjoy it buddy, streetcar guys have it super chill, most chilled of of the 4 modes except maybe wheeltrans, that and streetcar are a toss up

From what I remember from my job shadowing. The guys on streetcar said its more hectic, people cutting you off and j walkers. You can't try to turn and avoid it. You just brake. But I do get more sunlight than subway dudes

1 hour ago, FlyerD901 said:

They have been training streetcar Ops to be Dual mode on buses, and have been for years. So if you get the training depending on if they need you or not that's 2/3 right there.

Thanks. I'm down for whatever to be honest. See how it goes

• Like 1

Not being from Toronto.  I'm just curious as to if there is a pay difference between bus/streetcar?