ericgu22

TTC Application Process

On 11/9/2018 at 11:55 PM, Razeeb14 said:

I got date for documentation. What documents they will ask for?

It should say in the documentation email on what documents they will need from you. Typically it’s sin#, blank cheque, proof if you are married, have a child, ( for benefits) etc. 

• Like 1

Hello guys, 

I have a interview schedule next month, trying to complete my shadowing assignment but confused a bit. Can anyone tells me what does east and west of yonge street is? I live in Brampton so if there is any advice, how to complete or what is best way to complete this shadowing assignment in one or two days?. Thanks for those who will help me in this matter. 

2 hours ago, Zafar said:

Hello guys, 

I have a interview schedule next month, trying to complete my shadowing assignment but confused a bit. Can anyone tells me what does east and west of yonge street is? I live in Brampton so if there is any advice, how to complete or what is best way to complete this shadowing assignment in one or two days?. Thanks for those who will help me in this matter. 

If you look at google maps check out where Yonge street is.. anything to the left of Yonge street is west of Yonge street. Anything to the right of it is east of Yonge street. Brampton would be considered to be northwest of Yonge street although TTC doesn’t go that far. There are many stations west and east of Yonge street that you can go to to hop on a bus for your assignment. Hope that helps

On 11/9/2018 at 11:55 PM, Razeeb14 said:

I got date for documentation. What documents they will ask for?

hey did you go for your documentation ?
did you get your start date and what you will be operating.

No date provided. They said 2018 is filled. We ll be call anytime between jan to March. 

They said failure rate is 30%. I m getting scared. 

On 11/15/2018 at 12:10 AM, A7M4SAM said:

hey did you go for your documentation ?
did you get your start date and what you will be operating.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:52 PM, Razeeb14 said:

No date provided. They said 2018 is filled. We ll be call anytime between jan to March. 

Don’t worry about the failure rate. If you don’t listen to the instructors and don’t  put in the time then you won’t pass. If you don’t understand something just ask questions. It’s a commitment for 25 days.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to become a Yard Dispatcher through the new VISION? (selecting buses to be put on routes) Is this a seniority think where I have to start as an operator? Look at the VISION program screenshot, that is what I mean. I got that on: 

https://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2016/January_21/Reports/Presentation_Vision_Program.pdf  

Also, is there a "fleet manager" position at the TTC? I guess this would be the person who decides what buses to buy (or I think the government decides this indirectly by offering subsidies or offering to pay for them) and deciding what buses get retired, and when? How would you get there?

image.png

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2018 at 6:52 PM, Razeeb14 said:

Like others have said, just listen to the instructors and put the time in. They practically spoon feed you and want you to pass. Those that fail choose to fail. Once they figure out it's not the job they thought it was or wasn't their cup of tea.

This job is not for everyone.

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, ttc9432 said:

Does anyone know how to become a Yard Dispatcher through the new VISION? (selecting buses to be put on routes) Is this a seniority think where I have to start as an operator? Look at the VISION program screenshot, that is what I mean. I got that on: 

https://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2016/January_21/Reports/Presentation_Vision_Program.pdf  

Also, is there a "fleet manager" position at the TTC? I guess this would be the person who decides what buses to buy (or I think the government decides this indirectly by offering subsidies or offering to pay for them) and deciding what buses get retired, and when? How would you get there?

image.png

yard dispatcher jobs are filled through internal bidding.  

On 10/13/2018 at 8:45 AM, havox said:

Contact the leader instructor. It can't hurt. I heard one of the students contacted him after he failed and a few months later they contacted him back to do a retry. His situation was one where he had like 9 different instructors and he said he couldn't adapt to 9 different training methods. *shrug who knows. 

They approved my Appeal...

• Like 1

Whom did you contact and what was the process ? I am in the same situation. Hope you can guide me. Thanks

On 12/8/2018 at 1:13 PM, Ttc appeal said:

They approved my Appeal...

Congrats buddy !!Whom did you contact and what was the process ? I am in the same situation. Hope you can guide me. Thanks

On 9/28/2018 at 2:28 PM, Zion said:

Finally Got my training date today more than a month after documentation. Starting October 15 and heading to Mt Dennis after. Good luck to everyone still waiting it could be another 25 days after we’re done training. Super nervous about going to Mt. Dennis 😬

Hi there I’ll be starting my training January 7 and will be stationed at mount Dennis.how did you find that location? 

On 9/14/2018 at 9:47 AM, simpleform said:

Finally got training date, October 1.

Been in the process since February but had issues with medical which dragged me down.

Just too bad I got Mt. Dennis when I live in Ajax.

Hey I live in Scarborough and just received my training start date for Jan 7th for mount dennis division as well. I was just wondering how you got through training and how is mount Dennis? 

41 minutes ago, Ari said:

Hi there I’ll be starting my training January 7 and will be stationed at mount Dennis.how did you find that location? 

Hey I live in Scarborough and just received my training start date for Jan 7th for mount dennis division as well. I was just wondering how you got through training and how is mount Dennis? 

Routes are tough, lots of tight turns, but if you can get through training at Mt.Dennis then you can work any division, you will learn how to drive really fast or you will fail.

Omg I’m even more nervous now! A friend of mine failed training because she hit a cone! But praying I’ll get through it okay 

thanks for your response 

7 hours ago, Ari said:

Omg I’m even more nervous now! A friend of mine failed training because she hit a cone! But praying I’ll get through it okay 

thanks for your response 

Just don't take the top off the bus at Warden station and you'll be fine lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ari said:

thanks for your response 

My advice is listen to your instructor, if you're not sure of anything ASK!! Don't be a hero, or think you know everything, take your time and you'll be ok.

3 hours ago, havox said:

Just don't take the top off the bus at Warden station and you'll be fine lol

How the hell did she pass training?? Lol

On 12/29/2018 at 4:39 PM, Ari said:

Hey guys 

anybody starting in January 2019 I finally got my start date for Jan 7th so excited but nervous at the same time 

When was your documentation?

On 12/31/2018 at 11:45 AM, Orion VI said:

do you know of any summer jobs the TTC or any GTA transit agency has for a High school student?

ttc has student summer jobs.  They are tough in get in.  Cleaner positions are the easiest to get.

14 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

ttc has student summer jobs.  They are tough in get in.  Cleaner positions are the easiest to get.

I wouldn't do a cleaner job. Is there a list of summer jobs somewhere on their website? (sorry, to lazy to look)

3 hours ago, Orion VI said:

I wouldn't do a cleaner job. Is there a list of summer jobs somewhere on their website? (sorry, to lazy to look)

Sorry bud if you're too lazy to look then any TTC job is not right for you.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Yo_Yo said:

Sorry bud if you're too lazy to look then any TTC job is not right for you.

No, I was studying when I posted this. I'm looking now. 

I was just looking and this is what i found, but when you click the website the page pops up giving error 404. Help? 

https://ttc.ca/Jobs/Summer_Student_Opportunities/index.jsp