ericgu22

TTC Application Process

On 10/23/2018 at 12:00 PM, Bus_Medic said:

I humbly suggest anything KEEN makes... they’ve been my go to brand since about 2012. They have some stuff in black...mr. Safety shoes will accept your voucher for them. 

You will go over and have to top off the rest out of pocket, but shoes are something that you can’t afford to go cheap on, especially if you’re spending 40+ hours in them.

https://shop.mistersafetyshoes.com/collections/footwear?constraint=keen

Heard great things about keen from my days at Canada Post so I will definitely keep my eyes peeled on that. Thanks for the tips everyone! 

Does anyone have an idea how far into training until we get our uniforms? And how strict are they about the dress pants? I was thinking of wearing black slacks since they stretch better, I find conventional dress pants uncomfortable as hell.

Today mailed my interviewer to get an idea how long I have to wait to get call for documentation. She told me that she didn’t get result from medical. I did my my med on 25 sep. I mailed medsys. But no reply. Should I visit there?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rmort said:

Heard great things about keen from my days at Canada Post so I will definitely keep my eyes peeled on that. Thanks for the tips everyone! 

Does anyone have an idea how far into training until we get our uniforms? And how strict are they about the dress pants? I was thinking of wearing black slacks since they stretch better, I find conventional dress pants uncomfortable as hell.

Uniforms (depending on size and availability) won’t be issued until the end or near the end of training. Most of the uniform (because of sizes) will come few weeks to months after you start working, until then you wear whatever you have received (likely you will receive a few shirts, sweater, hats and scarves in the beginning) and whatever you haven’t received you can supplement with your own, for example winter coat or pants, these take some time for some people so until you receive them you can wear your own.

Black slacks are fine, doesn’t need to be formal dress pants, basically you cant wear cargo pants or jeans. slacks or dress pants are fine, they don’t even need to be black or blue, you can wear any color. 

5 hours ago, TheAverageGuy said:

Uniforms (depending on size and availability) won’t be issued until the end or near the end of training. Most of the uniform (because of sizes) will come few weeks to months after you start working, until then you wear whatever you have received (likely you will receive a few shirts, sweater, hats and scarves in the beginning) and whatever you haven’t received you can supplement with your own, for example winter coat or pants, these take some time for some people so until you receive them you can wear your own.

Black slacks are fine, doesn’t need to be formal dress pants, basically you cant wear cargo pants or jeans. slacks or dress pants are fine, they don’t even need to be black or blue, you can wear any color. 

Awesome thank you for letting me know, now I can cross off "dress pants" from my list of things I need to shop for. Since I don't have my ID card situation sorted out, will my conditional offer work as ttc identification which necessary for purchase or is there something else I'm supposed to bring ?

4 hours ago, NFG79 said:

you probably should get a pair of pink salmon coloured pants, slacks lol love you used that word for pants lol slacks lol 

I wouldn't be able to find a pair, let alone pull that look off haha. I'd imagine it look pretty comical with the steel toes I'm required to wear.

10 hours ago, Rmort said:

It's been almost 6 months and I haven't received my dress shirts or pants yet lol. Good thing I at least received my winter jacket. 

10 hours ago, havox said:

It's been almost 6 months and I haven't received my dress shirts or pants yet lol. Good thing I at least received my winter jacket. 

Whoa so it seems they are backed up on orders for uniforms I guess. Just weird how they don't have them ready even though you do your fitting at least a month in advance

If you’re saying you switched from your current job into another job before you start your training with the ttc then no it shouldn’t be a problem, unless you’re talking about switching and delaying your training date, you may lose your spot 

On 10/27/2018 at 4:53 AM, Razeeb14 said:

I switched my job after signing conditional offer. Will it be a problem?

Need to explain this better lol

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, TheAverageGuy said:

Congrats. Tip: do exactly what the instrctors tell you and you will pass, they don’t want you to fail and always remember saftey is priority over everything else. During your probation, follow ALL the rules and what you were taught in training regardless of what you see other operators doing, many of them have bad habits bit just ignore them and do as you were taught

actually follow the rules at all time regardless if you pass probation or not.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Anyone have idea, how street car training goes, is it really tough? I heard in Bus in just 3 days they have Z license test. What about street car training. Do we need to wear safety boot in the very first day? Suggestions appreciated...about training. Thanks

33 minutes ago, FUN said:

Anyone have idea, how street car training goes, is it really tough? I heard in Bus in just 3 days they have Z license test. What about street car training. Do we need to wear safety boot in the very first day? Suggestions appreciated...about training. Thanks

Hey are you starting on the 8th as well?

1 hour ago, FUN said:

Well, unlike buses, streetcars don't have air brakes - at least, not the kind that would mandate Z licenses. Technically, you don't need any Ontario driver's license to operate streetcars, though I'm almost certain the TTC requires a full G license at least no matter what kind of vehicle you operate.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2015 at 1:11 PM, Shaheenaz said:

Good luck everybody. My day 16 test didn't turn out good for me. Can anybody give me to link for brampton and mississuaga transit so I can try there. It was my dream to work for TTC , all these years I worked hard to reach this point and didn't realize it wasn't meant for me :( Back to the start point again , job search .

Hi shaheenaz did you apply for an appeal?

On 10/12/2018 at 11:17 AM, Ttc appeal said:

Hi .. can I appeal ...my Instructor was very aggressive during the training and I was under extreme pressure due to his aggressive behaviour. Yelling at me and swearing at me, was his daily routine. His aggressive behaviour put tremendous amount of pressure on me and got 2 unsatisfactory

Did you applied for the appeal?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oct 17 said:

Hi shaheenaz did you apply for an appeal?

Did you applied for the appeal?

Lol you quoted someone from 3 years ago... I'm pretty sure he's moved on.

1 minute ago, havox said:

Lol you quoted someone from 3 years ago... I'm pretty sure he's moved on.

I know .. Just wanted to know if ter is any hope in appeal

42 minutes ago, Mmi362 said:

I know people who appealed and they were allowed to start training again from day 1 but that's on a case by case bases. 

Thankyou for replying

• Hey guys, so its my first day of training tomorrow for streetcar at Hillcrest, any ideas what to expect ? Also are we getting our transit passes on the first day or should I throw in a couple of extra bucks on the presto?

13 hours ago, Rmort said:
  • Hey guys, so its my first day of training tomorrow for streetcar at Hillcrest, any ideas what to expect ? Also are we getting our transit passes on the first day or should I throw in a couple of extra bucks on the presto?

You'll get your employee pass on day 1