ericgu22

TTC Application Process

22 hours ago, 9924 said:

I'm just curious.  Let's say you and a buddy are in training together, you get assigned Depot "A" and he get's Depot "B", you were hoping for "B" and he was hoping for "A".  Can you ask to be switched?

Seems like you just did! *it never hurts to ask... 

12 hours ago, Razeeb14 said:

I singed my conditional on 23rd September. But still not get any letter from police. How long it may take to get police clearance letter?

Couple weeks

14 hours ago, Razeeb14 said:

I singed my conditional on 23rd September. But still not get any letter from police. How long it may take to get police clearance letter?

Took me a little over a month

Today I went police hq to query about my clearance application. But they said they didn’t get any application. I signed conditional on 23rd September. I mailed hr Ttc but no reply. What to do. 

24 minutes ago, Razeeb14 said:

Today I went police hq to query about my clearance application. But they said they didn’t get any application. I signed conditional on 23rd September. I mailed hr Ttc but no reply. What to do. 

You are fired before you were hired lol FYI I'm kidding 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Razeeb14 said:

Try emailing them, it worked for me.  You have to provide your full name and date of birth.

ReferenceCheckProgram@torontopolice.on.ca

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 2:19 PM, Blueberry said:

Guys do we need safety shoes on first day of streetcar training ?

If they didn’t make you aware that you require them before you start training then you don’t have anything to worry about. I believe the dresscode initially calls for dress shoes. I believe you will be provided with a voucher after you start training to put toward the purchase of safety shoes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TTCOpITM said:

If they didn’t make you aware that you require them before you start training then you don’t have anything to worry about. I believe the dresscode initially calls for dress shoes. I believe you will be provided with a voucher after you start training to put toward the purchase of safety shoes.

Not sure about streetcar but for trains they will specify to show up with safety shoes. So if they didn't say anything then dress shoes or as they say black or brown polish-able shoes. Just look at what some drivers are wearing and go with that. But they said no runners. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2018 at 8:11 PM, Razeeb14 said:

Today I got the letter. Is there anyway I can know my medical result?

On 10/6/2018 at 11:03 PM, fembot said:

Seems like you just did! *it never hurts to ask... 

I realize that it never hurts to ask, that wasn't my question.  I was implying if that is something the TTC allows or not.

Hi .. can I appeal ...my Instructor was very aggressive during the training and I was under extreme pressure due to his aggressive behaviour. Yelling at me and swearing at me, was his daily routine. His aggressive behaviour put tremendous amount of pressure on me and got 2 unsatisfactory

1 hour ago, Ttc appeal said:

Hi .. can I appeal ...my Instructor was very aggressive during the training and I was under extreme pressure due to his aggressive behaviour. Yelling at me and swearing at me, was his daily routine. His aggressive behaviour put tremendous amount of pressure on me and got 2 unsatisfactory

This sounds like pretty much everyday in ttc...

Ppl does yell and make you stressful, you have to deal with the stress...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ttc appeal said:

You can try emailing Sal Maltese, he is in charge of training, and the instructors.

You should have his number, it's given to you in the beginning of training. 

Sal.Maltese@ttc.ca

1 hour ago, Funkyboodah said:

You can try emailing Sal Maltese, he is in charge of training, and the instructors.

You should have his number, it's given to you in the beginning of training. 

Sal.Maltese@ttc.ca

Thanks...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ttc appeal said:

Contact the leader instructor. It can't hurt. I heard one of the students contacted him after he failed and a few months later they contacted him back to do a retry. His situation was one where he had like 9 different instructors and he said he couldn't adapt to 9 different training methods. *shrug who knows. 

Hello, 

I got my conditional offer on Sept 26th and signed for police check.
Done my medicals 10th Oct NO MORE UPDATES YET.

How long does the police vss check take ? it says 10 business days but i didnt recieve anything yet.

AND is there anybody else who got hired 26th sept ?

6 hours ago, A7M4SAM said:

Hello, 

I got my conditional offer on Sept 26th and signed for police check.
Done my medicals 10th Oct NO MORE UPDATES YET.

How long does the police vss check take ? it says 10 business days but i didnt recieve anything yet.

AND is there anybody else who got hired 26th sept ?

Couple of weeks