ericgu22

TTC Application Process

1 hour ago, Carmello_87 said:

I heard the training manual is huge. That a regular back back won't cut it. I need one of those bags with wheels. For those that have started can you confirm please? 

I had a regular backpack. Worked fine. If you're driving for training it shouldn't be an issue since you're not carrying your backpack all day. If you're taking transit maybe invest in a roller bag to alleviate back pain. 

Today I went for documentation. Pretty much smooth process. HR describes everything in little detail. 

Waiting for training now.. Will take around a month from now it seems.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 11:22 AM, Carmello_87 said:

I heard the training manual is huge. That a regular back back won't cut it. I need one of those bags with wheels. For those that have started can you confirm please? 

they use 2 inch binder to stuff all the training materials in it.  

On 8/22/2018 at 9:50 AM, havox said:

My friend started day 5 yesterday at eglinton. Said his trainer only allowed him and partner to drive around the yard... No street driving like the other trainees. He's at Arrow today so hopefully he got some street time. 

the streets are more narrow and killer poles.  My training partner and I drove around Eglinton garage on the first day.  Don't worry, he will soon get to see the real world soon enough.  

I am going to Wilson as well after training. I'm on day 5 and it's harder than I anticipated. Just keeping my eye on the prize. If this was easy everybody would do it. 

3 hours ago, Zerocool said:

I am going to Wilson as well after training. I'm on day 5 and it's harder than I anticipated. Just keeping my eye on the prize. If this was easy everybody would do it. 

Most everybody does do it that's why they have so many drivers 

6 hours ago, Zerocool said:

What’s been the hardest part so far? Yes keep your eye on the prize man! You’ll get through it. 

On 8/24/2018 at 1:16 PM, Newbie ttc said:

Add your timeline plz

1) Date Applied -Jan 10th 2018

2) Date Invitation Received: Jan 22nd 2018

3) Date of Info Session: Feb 6th 2018

4) Date Interview Requested: March 6th 2018

5) Date of Interview: March 23rd 2018

6) Date of Medical: April 14th

7)  TPS clearance received in May 2018

😎 1st sleep study due to sleep apnea was on May 15th. 2-3 month process. Bad results first test, had to get CPAP machine. 30day cycle began on June 12th- July 11th. Follow up appt July 17th. Hoping my results will be sent on that daY

9)Documentation: Aug 17

10) Start Date: sept 10th 

• Like 1

My friend got transfered to Arrow road from Eglinton division =( sucks cuz he's in Scarborough. So yeah a word of advice is that you can get switched to a diff division during training if they deem necessary 

Hi guys .. I finished my documentation on 8th Aug .. after that no update. Any one from the same documentation session ? Any update , please share. Thanks 

I had my documentation on aug 17th and got my start date for sept. 10. I think they mentioned in documentation that start date depends on seniority from your medical date. 

When was your medical? 

Did they give you a time frame of when you would be contacted for a start date in documentation? They told us it could be 2-4wks.

17 hours ago, Blueberry said:

Hi guys .. I finished my documentation on 8th Aug .. after that no update. Any one from the same documentation session ? Any update , please share. Thanks 

No I didn’t hear anything yet.

Went to the AM aptitude test today, for an operator job, and was told we may hear back from the TTC by end of Oct. Was told the training may start in 2019 so it looks like i'm not holding my breath on this thing. 

23 minutes ago, BusMaster said:

Went to the AM aptitude test today, for an operator job, and was told we may hear back from the TTC by end of Oct. Was told the training may start in 2019 so it looks like i'm not holding my breath on this thing. 

It’s worth waiting 

On 8/22/2018 at 11:22 AM, Carmello_87 said:

Hey, sorry off topic and don’t know how to send you a message without replying lol. but I read your post from a while back about the whole sleep apnea testing. I just sent my clearance paperwork. Any idea how long it takes to get your documentation once you submit the CPAP info?

17 hours ago, Hbe said:

Hey, sorry off topic and don’t know how to send you a message without replying lol. but I read your post from a while back about the whole sleep apnea testing. I just sent my clearance paperwork. Any idea how long it takes to get your documentation once you submit the CPAP info?

They got back to me in 3 weeks. I’ve seen ppl in this forum get an email about documentation ranging from 2-6 weeks so I guess it all depends. Seems like the process may have slowed down. Some have said their training won’t be starting til October and others in early 2019. Give it about a month and if you want you can send your recruiter an email just asking for the status. 

On 9/6/2018 at 9:48 AM, Carmello_87 said:

They got back to me in 3 weeks. I’ve seen ppl in this forum get an email about documentation ranging from 2-6 weeks so I guess it all depends. Seems like the process may have slowed down. Some have said their training won’t be starting til October and others in early 2019. Give it about a month and if you want you can send your recruiter an email just asking for the status. 

Oh ok thanks! It’s been a rough go with all this 30 day CPAP testing. Hoping to get it moving soon now that that’s over and done with.