ericgu22

TTC Application Process

On 6/20/2018 at 12:07 PM, fembot said:

NEVER GIVE UP!! 

LOL got my rejection letter today. Amazing it only took them 5 weeks to confirm what everyone in the room knew 10 mins into the interview. Oh well. Guess it's continued weekends and holidays off for this guy. 

Good luck to everyone else, whatever stage you're at!

Hey guys. I’ve passed everything except medical. I’ve been told I have moderate sleep apnea and need to wear a CPAP machine and then test again. Anyone went through this? If so, were there any issues with being hired? I’m a bit worried.

2 hours ago, Hbe said:

Hey guys. I’ve passed everything except medical. I’ve been told I have moderate sleep apnea and need to wear a CPAP machine and then test again. Anyone went through this? If so, were there any issues with being hired? I’m a bit worried.

Hi, i got the same thing, went to sleep test got cpap machine and i have wait for one more month for my doctor to sent report to ttc

after that i will continue with normal process.

this will take while from 2-3 months

6 hours ago, Hbe said:

Pardon if this has been answered but how would they know is you have sleep apnea ?

48 minutes ago, Witenite said:

Pardon if this has been answered but how would they know is you have sleep apnea ?

Some indicators are fatigue, dark circles under the eyes, high BMI score, larger than normal neck circumference, and high blood pressure. If some of these outward signs are present, a doctor will suspect sleep apnea and request further testing.  Although, like I've posted before, there are different types of sleep apnea. I have those 'symptoms' but have a type of apnea which cannot be corrected with a CPAP machine. I was discharged from the hospital after a week with blood pressure meds and basically a notation on my chart saying the tests were inconclusive.  That was in 2011. I am just getting a handle on what my problem is now and trying a cortisone nasal spray.

5 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Some indicators are fatigue, dark circles under the eyes, high BMI score, larger than normal neck circumference, and high blood pressure

Sounds like an average middle aged male to me 🤣

Sorry, couldn't resist 😁

4 hours ago, 9924 said:

Sounds like an average middle aged male to me 🤣

Sorry, couldn't resist 😁

I know right. And some middle aged females fit that description too. 😄

Hi guys, I did my medical on June 1, and got both police check and medical check passed. When should I expect to be contacted about documentation? Will they call or email me?

7 minutes ago, sol999 said:

Hi guys, I did my medical on June 1, and got both police check and medical check passed. When should I expect to be contacted about documentation? Will they call or email me?

I HAVE HEARD SOME CANDIDATES HAVE HAD A HOME VISIT, SOMETHING AKIN TO THE 'PUBLISHER'S CLEARING HOUSE PRIZE PATROL' SO KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE FRONT DOOR!! GOOD LUCK!, YOU MAY ALREADY BE A WINNER! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/4/2018 at 4:06 PM, Hbe said:

I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve been using my cpap machine for 25 nights so far. Medysis wants a 30 day compliance report basically showing that you are getting treated and it’s working. Once the 30 days is up I’m going to have the report sent to Medysis so they can finally clearly and let TTC know. Idk how long that’s gonna take. It’s been a brutal 2-3 month waiting game because of my sleep apnea. Wish me luck! AGood luck to you as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newbie ttc said:

Is Information session works as old way of test and then interview or interview is on the spot if you clear the test.  Please guide

based on what I heard they changed the process again.  test.  then they will book you for an interview at a later date.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you guys could posts your timelines? I noticed new trainees used to post them extensively back in 2014-2015 but notably decreased in the past few years. It would be helpful as the process has changed so much (sped up) compared to past years.

1) Date Applied

2) Date Invitation Received

3) Date of Info Session

4) Date Interview Requested

5) Date of Interview

etc...

It would be helpful even if you are still at #3 and new to the process. Make an account lurkers (I see you ;)). I'd like to see just how fast things are now.

Hey guys, any one waiting for documentation date from info session on May 22,23, 24?? not many updates from anyone here lately...whats going on??? no news yet?? or any of you waiting for police clearance and medysis?

15 hours ago, Kawasaki said:

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you guys could posts your timelines? I noticed new trainees used to post them extensively back in 2014-2015 but notably decreased in the past few years. It would be helpful as the process has changed so much (sped up) compared to past years.

1) Date Applied

2) Date Invitation Received

3) Date of Info Session

4) Date Interview Requested

5) Date of Interview

etc...

It would be helpful even if you are still at #3 and new to the process. Make an account lurkers (I see you ;)). I'd like to see just how fast things are now.

I applied on mar 20

invitation received. July. 9

information session on July 24

let’s if see its normal process or fast track 

10 hours ago, Newbie ttc said:

I applied on mar 20

invitation received. July. 9

information session on July 24

let’s if see its normal process or fast track 

Fast track would be explained in the email for the information session. I'm pretty sure hiring procedures have reverted back to normal.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zerocool said:

Fast track would be explained in the email for the information session. I'm pretty sure hiring procedures have reverted back to normal.

The normal application process in regards to the time TTC receives both a clear from TPS and Medysis to documentation is 4-6 weeks, you are placed in pool B, when documentation is all done you are placed in pool A waiting to be placed for training and that can take 2-4 weeks.

1) Date Applied - May 14th

2) Date Invitation Received - May 16th

3) Date of Info Session - May 24th

4) Date of Medical - June 13th

5) Date received police clearance - July 5th

6) Date got documentation  email - July 12th

7) Date of documentation - July 20th

• Thanks 2

1) Date Applied - April 20

2) Date Invitation Received - May 15

3) Date of Info Session - May 22

4) Date of Medical - June 5

5) Date received police clearance - July 6

Now I’m waiting for medical clearance, should be any day now. 

1) Date Applied -Jan 10th 2018

2) Date Invitation Received: Jan 22nd 2018

3) Date of Info Session: Feb 6th 2018

4) Date Interview Requested: March 6th 2018

5) Date of Interview: March 23rd 2018

6) Date of Medical: April 14th

7)  TPS clearance received in May 2018

😎 1st sleep study due to sleep apnea was on May 15th. 2-3 month process. Bad results first test, had to get CPAP machine. 30day cycle began on June 12th- July 11th. Follow up appt Juky 17th. Hoping my results will be sent on that daY

9)Documentation: TBD

10) Start Date: TBD

On 7/12/2018 at 5:40 PM, Knyghtfire said:

1) Date Applied - May 14th

2) Date Invitation Received - May 16th

3) Date of Info Session - May 24th

4) Date of Medical - June 13th

5) Date received police clearance - July 5th

6) Date got documentation  email - July 12th

7) Date of documentation - July 20th

Let us know when your start date is? And what Divison!

I've noticed a few of us have had to get the sleep apnea disorder checked before the TTC will give you a documentation date.  There is a silver lining in all of this.  Your badge number/seniority is created on your medical date. I was held back for 2 months before I was cleared.  When I went in for documentation I was number 1 in seniority within my signing group, I was 200 lower than most of the people there.  Also, looking at the new operator board at my division, I have noticed that my badge is lower than at least 15 other operators, I just finished my 3 days of route familiarization and start my first real crew on Sunday.  So, all you sleep apnea guys, be patient, your time will come.  Just make sure you use that CPAP machine religiously and keep it on for at least 80% of the time during the month and your result will be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazinger Z said:

I've noticed a few of us have had to get the sleep apnea disorder checked before the TTC will give you a documentation date.  There is a silver lining in all of this.  Your badge number/seniority is created on your medical date. I was held back for 2 months before I was cleared.  When I went in for documentation I was number 1 in seniority within my signing group, I was 200 lower than most of the people there.  Also, looking at the new operator board at my division, I have noticed that my badge is lower than at least 15 other operators, I just finished my 3 days of route familiarization and start my first real crew on Sunday.  So, all you sleep apnea guys, be patient, your time will come.  Just make sure you use that CPAP machine religiously and keep it on for at least 80% of the time during the month and your result will be fine.

What division are you at?

On 6/15/2018 at 7:06 AM, leylandvictory2 said:

Christie is probably the hardest as there is no no margin of error when leaving st clair west subway station.   I heard oakwood and 63 Ossington is pretty bad too. @andyman knows more.

63 at Wilson now anyways.