ericgu22

TTC Application Process

10 hours ago, Deepak said:

Did they contact your references 

Yeah they contacted my references 2 days after the interview. My interview date was April 30th. You're still waiting? Oh man, better luck next time. I may have taken your last spot as after the interview I was told that if my references checked out I would be the last one hired from the April 30th interview pool.

4 hours ago, DreamOperator said:

Yeah they contacted my references 2 days after the interview. My interview date was April 30th. You're still waiting? Oh man, better luck next time. I may have taken your last spot as after the interview I was told that if my references checked out I would be the last one hired from the April 30th interview pool.

Really?? Lol. You are lucky. 

5 hours ago, DreamOperator said:

Ya you're in trouble deepak my interview was April 31 and they called me 3 days after my interview. They also told me all previous interview session spots are full so they will only be hiring from my interview pool and later.

April 31 interviews, anyone else heard back yet?

24 minutes ago, Busguy87 said:

Ya you're in trouble deepak my interview was April 31 and they called me 3 days after my interview. They also told me all previous interview session spots are full so they will only be hiring from my interview pool and later.

April 31 interviews, anyone else heard back yet?

Hi do you know after how long we can reapply again.

10 minutes ago, Deepak said:

Hi do you know after how long we can reapply again.

You may apply 1 year after your interview date. Or 1 year after the last time you asked if your references were contacted and proceeded to ignore advice/information. Whatever comes first.

• Haha 1

Hi can anyone confirm if we can get a print out of the DRIVERS ABSTRACT which i got on my mail,  as I ordered it online. Or do i need to vist service ontario and get one. Please anyone ?

17 minutes ago, Blueberry said:

Hi can anyone confirm if we can get a print out of the DRIVERS ABSTRACT which i got on my mail,  as I ordered it online. Or do i need to vist service ontario and get one. Please anyone ?

That would be acceptable as they do not require a certified copy of drivers abstract. Obviously make sure the date the abstract was sent falls into acceptable date range as requested in email from TTC.

7 minutes ago, Zerocool said:

That would be acceptable as they do not require a certified copy of drivers abstract. Obviously make sure the date the abstract was sent falls into acceptable date range as requested in email from TTC.

Thanks , i got to that covered👍

Hey Friends,

Just curious if anyone is willing to share:

What their first paycheque during training amounted to after taxes/dues deducted

What their first paycheque working at 40hrs/week @26.10 after dues and benefits are taken out as well.

I've been using tax calculators to give me a rough estimate but if anyone is comfortable sharing this information it would be greatly appreciated. From what I read the union dues work out to 50 cents a day?

Thanks again :) 

On 5/22/2018 at 7:54 PM, Max3031 said:

Day 16 just around the corner. Any tips, tricks, or hints?

day 16 is the road test right? Don't jump the curb.

The info session has changed quite a lot since I applied.  You will be asked to write a series of tests (I guess the aptitude test).  When you finish all the tests, you will be assigned to a number.  At the end of the day, they will call out all the numbers that made it in the interview round.  If your number is not called, you will have to reapply in 2 years 

12 hours ago, BusFreak93 said:

Hey Friends,

What their first paycheque during training amounted to after taxes/dues deducted

What their first paycheque working at 40hrs/week @26.10 after dues and benefits are taken out as well.

I've been using tax calculators to give me a rough estimate but if anyone is comfortable sharing this information it would be greatly appreciated. From what I read the union dues work out to 50 cents a day?

Training is 6 hours a day for pay.

Just giving you all my timeline on my application...

Applied: Feb 6th

Information Session: May 8th

Attended Info session: May 23rd

Conditional Offer: May 23rd

Medical: May 31st

19 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Just giving you all my timeline on my application...

Applied: Feb 6th

Information Session: May 8th

Attended Info session: May 23rd

Conditional Offer: May 23rd

Medical: May 31st

Ttc is working on fast pace.  But I m curious to know if u have to complete report for going on different routes. I forgot the specific word.  

1 minute ago, Newbie ttc said:

Ttc is working on fast pace.  But I m curious to know if u have to complete report for going on different routes. I forgot the specific word.  

I got it. Job shadowing 

Got this from a friend

The TTC is fast, isnt it? My friend applied for the operator at the end of April. Yesterday the information session was judged to be an interview with four questions, and then he gave me an offer right away. The whole process was 15 minutes, including reference check and educational background

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Got this from a friend

The TTC is fast, isnt it? My friend applied for the operator at the end of April. Yesterday the information session was judged to be an interview with four questions, and then he gave me an offer right away. The whole process was 15 minutes, including reference check and educational background

No OT is forcing them to hire more Operators.

On 5/23/2018 at 11:48 AM, BusFreak93 said:

Hey Friends,

There's also a union initiation fee as well. I think it's $500 but I believe they deduct $50 over 10 weeks.

2 hours ago, Impala101 said:

No OT is forcing them to hire more Operators.

This is absolutely correct. Retirements were taken into consideration but the O.T thing is what's causing the hiring rush/fast track

• Like 1

My friend had his info session yesterday. He wrote the test and was chosen for the interview. He said about half the room were chosen and the other half had to leave. He had his interview and was successful, received his conditional offer and date for medical right there and then. 

5 hours ago, havox said:

My friend had his info session yesterday. He wrote the test and was chosen for the interview. He said about half the room were chosen and the other half had to leave. He had his interview and was successful, received his conditional offer and date for medical right there and then. 

The same for my girlfriend...easy street eh lol.

applied : April 28

Information session : may 24

conditional offer : may 24

Medical : June 12

I went for an information session on may 24,2018, I have my conditional offer and the date for medical, I am confused about the reference checks, the form which they have given to fill up does not have any space for who to be contacted for reference, does this mean that the only thing left is medical and police check?

As Many people have recently graduated university, I was just wondering how old some of you guys are who applied and how much experience you had. Not for me, but I know a few friends who are interested but is 21/22 too young? 

53 minutes ago, yrt1000 said:

As Many people have recently graduated university, I was just wondering how old some of you guys are who applied and how much experience you had. Not for me, but I know a few friends who are interested but is 21/22 too young? 

Definitely not. I had a girl in my documentation who was 21 years old. My trainer told us that they are actively looking for people who have customer service experience. So if you have dealt with people for some years it definitely helps your application. 

• Like 1