TTC Application Process

ericgu22

2 hours ago, Max3031 said:

Training is now complete. Wow! What a ride. I can honestly say that it was a really excellent training program with excellent trainers who really have one goal in mind; to help you become a great transit operator and assist you in passing all your tests. Listen and absorb everything they tell you. Next hump is the 10 month probation period. See you out there.

Congrats, just finished day 17, looking forward to day 25.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, havox said:

Day 16 test tomorrow for me :) nervous but excited at the same time

You'll do fine. Just control those nerves and don't let them get the best of you. The trainers do a really good job of over-preparing you for it. You'll laugh at how easy it was...after. Good luck.

22 minutes ago, Max3031 said:

You'll do fine. Just control those nerves and don't let them get the best of you. The trainers do a really good job of over-preparing you for it. You'll laugh at how easy it was...after. Good luck.

I’ll second that. I just had day 16 yesterday, and was surprised at how over rated it is, it’s much easier than you expect and the trainers have trained you and taken you on much more diffuclt routes during your training so if you made it this far you have no reason not to pass. Just be sure to assess each turn even thou they may appear easy to do as a standard but if it’s supposed to be an alternate take it as such to show you understand how to assess a turn.

Hello Everyone

I am looking forward to working with you someday :)

here is my time line

Mar 22 Apply

May 22 Info, test and interview then got  job offer and booked for medical 

May 24 Medical done

I am wating for Police clearance letter.

Does anyone have Idea how long it takes to get the letter?

Thanks

2 hours ago, poweradd said:

Hello Everyone

I am looking forward to working with you someday :)

here is my time line

Mar 22 Apply

May 22 Info, test and interview then got  job offer and booked for medical 

May 24 Medical done

I am wating for Police clearance letter.

Does anyone have Idea how long it takes to get the letter?

Thanks

depends on a number of factors.  1) if you change your name, it will take 2 months or more.  2) If for whatever reason requires your finger print, it will take longer.

21 hours ago, Funkyboodah said:

Anyone know where I can get a punch holster? I know I can order it online but would like to physically buy it.

Don't bother just keep it in your backpack/bag etc... you will probably never use it... wait 

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here has some experience with this. I just emailed in my police security clearance letter and should be getting a date for documentation and then a start date soon. I am also an army reservist set to go on a course this summer. What are the chances the ttc will let me go on course this summer? Do you guys know if it will be possible to negotiate a delayed start with the ttc so that I don't start until after my course is over? The union I'm with is cupe local 2 which is different than most of you guys but any experiences from you guys will be appreciated. As far as I know the ttc is a military friendly employer. The only issue is I'm just starting out.

2 hours ago, wiggum93 said:

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here has some experience with this. I just emailed in my police security clearance letter and should be getting a date for documentation and then a start date soon. I am also an army reservist set to go on a course this summer. What are the chances the ttc will let me go on course this summer? Do you guys know if it will be possible to negotiate a delayed start with the ttc so that I don't start until after my course is over? The union I'm with is cupe local 2 which is different than most of you guys but any experiences from you guys will be appreciated. As far as I know the ttc is a military friendly employer. The only issue is I'm just starting out.

Hello

Sorry for my comment not answering yours.

Can I know when you got  job offer?

I want to know time taken from the job offer to police clearance letter. 

Thanks

6 minutes ago, poweradd said:

Hello

Thanks

I got it on 26 April. Took me only a few hours to get my police clearance letter because I live in Mississauga and have to do it with peel police which doesn't have as much as a back log. I scanned and emailed it to the ttc Wednesday night and I'm just waiting to hear back now.

17 minutes ago, poweradd said:

Hello

Thanks

You can email them to find out the status and if it's been processed.  You need your full name and date of birth.

referencecheckprogram@torontopolice.on.ca

7 hours ago, Funkyboodah said:

You can email them to find out the status and if it's been processed.  You need your full name and date of birth.

referencecheckprogram@torontopolice.on.ca

Thank you for your kind reply.

I will wait another 3 business days then contact them.

Time goes so slow :)

1 hour ago, Busguy87 said:

Anybody out there start training for streetcar or subway lately?

Don't you have to start with a bus?

Heard that in some places you don't need a driving license to drive trams/streetcars, or they are considered separate licenses, e.g. in Russia.

%D0%92%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B5_%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5_%D0%A0%D0%A4_%28%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE_%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%86%D0%B0%29_%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5_%D0%B2_2011_%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%83-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0._%D0%9A%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%8C.png

2 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Don't you have to start with a bus?

Heard that in some places you don't need a driving license to drive trams/streetcars, or they are considered separate licenses, e.g. in Russia.

%D0%92%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B5_%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5_%D0%A0%D0%A4_%28%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE_%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%86%D0%B0%29_%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5_%D0%B2_2011_%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%83-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0._%D0%9A%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%8C.png

So you’re on the payroll now, then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello all,

new to the forum, I am also going thru the application process. tests, interview, med test, and now police background check and fingerprinting and waiting.

I am currently working with another "government" parcel company and still deciding if TTC is for me or not.  but I want to know since I am starting out fresh what are the chances that they will lay you off if they don't need you?  I was reading online  ATU 113 union news and it seems like that the bargaining outcome is not that great and I know that TTC is an essential service. 

I just want to make sure that if I quit my previous job to work for TTC that I will not be out of a job after 10 months.

I am under the impression that people who got the job is like winning the lottery? or they got the "golden ticket"