ericgu22

TTC Application Process

ME TOO 

who were your trainers ? Cause im sure if they had numbers like that Sal would step in and figure out whats going on ( altho it does make sense because out of 12 in my group only myself and another strudent have their CZ already ) 

congrats on getting through probation ! 

What divison are you based out of ?

Triggs

Attended the info session January 9 2018. Pretty informative and the vibes from the presenters were good. 

The cognitive test went well too (I think) I answered most questions probably 45 out of the 50. I did it as fast as I could answering the ones I knew first and leaving the more difficult ones (math ones) for last if I had any time left. The thing is that whenever I finish tests i can hardly remember the questions. Sometimes this stresses me out as I try to think of the questions and I blank out if i got it right or not. Even now I'm at my current job and all I can think about is whether I read the questions right and if any questions were trick questions. 

The written portion was fairly easy too, just had to write my thoughts out as fast as I could and as legibly as I could. 

The lead recruiters told us that the latest we would hear back would be end of March for an interview. 

1 hour ago, havox said:

Attended the info session January 9 2018. Pretty informative and the vibes from the presenters were good. 

The cognitive test went well too (I think) I answered most questions probably 45 out of the 50. I did it as fast as I could answering the ones I knew first and leaving the more difficult ones (math ones) for last if I had any time left. The thing is that whenever I finish tests i can hardly remember the questions. Sometimes this stresses me out as I try to think of the questions and I blank out if i got it right or not. Even now I'm at my current job and all I can think about is whether I read the questions right and if any questions were trick questions. 

The written portion was fairly easy too, just had to write my thoughts out as fast as I could and as legibly as I could. 

The lead recruiters told us that the latest we would hear back would be end of March for an interview. 

Answering 45/50 is actually very good. During my orientation I only answered around 30 of the questions but I made sure to read them carefully and answer accordingly.  Im sure you did fine. give it a month and you'll hear back. 

1 hour ago, Milli said:

Answering 45/50 is actually very good. During my orientation I only answered around 30 of the questions but I made sure to read them carefully and answer accordingly.  Im sure you did fine. give it a month and you'll hear back. 

Thanks! I hope I passed haha. I felt like I rushed some questions though. Fingers crossed. 

BTW do you remember on your test if you had any "trap" questions? Ones where it wanted you to answer in a specific form I think? I read on the wonderlic website that they throw in trap questions... Kind of vague but honestly i cant remember if I had any questions like that. I think most were like true/false, multiple choice and calculations? 

I'm sure I'm not tripping out and misreading any of the questions, but I can never know because I was under time pressure and just doing the test as fast as I can

Hey Everyone,

I recently finished my training at the end of November. For the all the people wondering about the training process, yes you can fail out but it’s dependent on many factors:

- showing up late or extremely tired / sleeping during class

- making the same mistakes such as jumping the curb or hitting objects 

- not completing homework or assignments 

- the obvious, failing written or practical tests 

If you get 2 unsatisfactory, they will review your eligibility and there’s a great possibility of being removed.

The training is intense and requires a lot of dedication...You’ll need lots of quiet time to study and complete homework without distractions.

The most nerve racking days are all the tests but especially day 16 (MTO Drive test) and day 25 (TTC in Service driving test). Those days, it’s based on a scoring process...every mistake will cost you points. You can pass with a minimum of 80 but jumping the curb will fail you. If you rub the curb, you’ll lose marks but still have a fighting chance!

hope this helps :) 

40 minutes ago, WestEnder said:

Hey Everyone,

I recently finished my training at the end of November. For the all the people wondering about the training process, yes you can fail out but it’s dependent on many factors:

- showing up late or extremely tired / sleeping during class

- making the same mistakes such as jumping the curb or hitting objects 

- not completing homework or assignments 

- the obvious, failing written or practical tests 

If you get 2 unsatisfactory, they will review your eligibility and there’s a great possibility of being removed.

The training is intense and requires a lot of dedication...You’ll need lots of quiet time to study and complete homework without distractions.

The most nerve racking days are all the tests but especially day 16 (MTO Drive test) and day 25 (TTC in Service driving test). Those days, it’s based on a scoring process...every mistake will cost you points. You can pass with a minimum of 80 but jumping the curb will fail you. If you rub the curb, you’ll lose marks but still have a fighting chance!

hope this helps :) 

What days are the written tests, should you prepare for the written tests in advance? 

Thanks

Ace

I'm waiting for my training call and all this talk about failing is making me nervous =0.  

8 hours ago, havox said:

Thanks! I hope I passed haha. I felt like I rushed some questions though. Fingers crossed. 

BTW do you remember on your test if you had any "trap" questions? Ones where it wanted you to answer in a specific form I think? I read on the wonderlic website that they throw in trap questions... Kind of vague but honestly i cant remember if I had any questions like that. I think most were like true/false, multiple choice and calculations? 

I'm sure I'm not tripping out and misreading any of the questions, but I can never know because I was under time pressure and just doing the test as fast as I can

yeah there were a few like that.  the one that comes to mind was a true and false where they wanted you to answer with a corresponding number/letter.  

15 hours ago, WMK said:

I had the information session on November 15th. Is there  still a chance for me to get an interview call?

Not sure.  I had my info session on Oct.25, got my invite for interview early December for interview in early February.

Hey!

I went for my interview January 2, 2017 and waiting to hear back from them.

the process is very long. i applied july 2017, went for orientation in september (only answered less than 20 questions) and then they sent me email in december for interview in january.

just be patient is my best advice. 

after the interview they told me they would get back to me 4-6 weeks.

3 hours ago, champ2685 said:

Hey!

I went for my interview January 2, 2017 and waiting to hear back from them.

the process is very long. i applied july 2017, went for orientation in september (only answered less than 20 questions) and then they sent me email in december for interview in january.

just be patient is my best advice. 

after the interview they told me they would get back to me 4-6 weeks.

Wow you answered less than 20 questions and got an interview!  That gives me hope haha. Just gotta play the waiting game.

On 2017-12-31 at 10:45 AM, Triggs said:

I wouldnt worry too much , the exsisting criminal record check doesnt matter the TTC will send away for one anyway . And it seems like everythings on track for a feb / march training date .. my group was suppose to be training in december but it got pushed back to jan.. 

best of luck 

Triggs 

For fu** sakes, Canada Post lost my Police Clearance Letter and now I have re-apply for one.

I did so myself yesterday at TPS HQ.

15 hours ago, KMB_BUS said:

For fu** sakes, Canada Post lost my Police Clearance Letter and now I have re-apply for one.

I did so myself yesterday at TPS HQ.

that sucks. how long will it take for a new one?