ericgu22

TTC Application Process

Hello I interviewed last week also and was asked to sign VPC and asked for permission to contact references before my interview started think it’s just part of the process now.... good luck 

28 minutes ago, Ricstar13 said:

Hello I interviewed last week also and was asked to sign VPC and asked for permission to contact references before my interview started think it’s just part of the process now.... good luck 

thanks for the reply, i guess it is apart of the process now, reading through the forum when people were asked it was because the interview went good i guess it’s just the routine now so it’s a toss up... guess the waiting game continues. good luck to you as well

Forgive me if this has been asked;

For the references, the TTC wants immediate Supervisor contact for previous or current employment....

What to do if past employment was a placement  for a job agency or the Supervisor has moved to a different company and or position?

I wish everyone the best of luck in their career path and endevours.

Been lurking around here as a guest for a while, figured I would chime in since this thread appears to have slowed down.

On 11/16/2017 at 1:50 PM, KMB_BUS said:

Forgive me if this has been asked;

For the references, the TTC wants immediate Supervisor contact for previous or current employment....

What to do if past employment was a placement  for a job agency or the Supervisor has moved to a different company and or position?

I wish everyone the best of luck in their career path and endevours.

I experienced this situation when organizing my references. If the job was through a placement agency, make sure to provide the contact information for the agency (and the individual at the agency who handled your placement) so that at the very minimum the reference check can confirm your employment start and end dates. I highly recommend contacting the placement agency you worked through prior to giving the information to the TTC to ensure they are willing to accept a call confirming your previous employment.

Hello All,

Happy Sunday everyone!

Got a few questions for bus mode day 16 on Wilson training centre. 

What am I going to expect on test day for day 16? Routes, any tough turns, any info you have on day 16 would be a BIG help.

As for turns on day 16. Did you accelerate on your turns or you made the bus turn itself ( retarder). I am finding it difficult to turn if i don't accelerate. I was wondering if turning using just the retarder and accelerating once the turn is done is recommeneded. Does the examiners get angry for being slow on turns? Or they valur the operators patience and accuracy more?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Controller said:

Hello All,

Happy Sunday everyone!

Got a few questions for bus mode day 16 on Wilson training centre. 

What am I going to expect on test day for day 16? Routes, any tough turns, any info you have on day 16 would be a BIG help.

As for turns on day 16. Did you accelerate on your turns or you made the bus turn itself ( retarder). I am finding it difficult to turn if i don't accelerate. I was wondering if turning using just the retarder and accelerating once the turn is done is recommeneded. Does the examiners get angry for being slow on turns? Or they valur the operators patience and accuracy more?

Thanks

First of all the retarder slows the bus down.  I say leave the retarders on.  Without retarder the braking will be harder.  It may cause the xaminers you have to do evasive action to prevent a collision.  Evasive action equals fail.

Second they expect you to observe all the hta rules.  I know a guy instantly failed for failing to buckle up the seat belt.  In terms of speed, the examiners dont care too much. At turns you are judged by how well you can make the turn.  Big gap between the curb and tire will cost you points.  Jumping the curb is an aboslutely no no.  When in doubt make an alternate turns.  Thats what i did when i did the test.  

• Thanks 1

On 2017-11-26 at 8:38 PM, Ricstar13 said:

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone who did an interview this month has had their references contacted yet ? Been over 2 weeks starting to lose hope 

Guessing they ain’t gonna call almost a month now 🙁

Hey everyone,

I applied for the Transit Operator Program Oct 19th and received an invitation email November 30th for an upcoming information session!

Pretty excited, I spent hours scrolling through all the pages in this thread and them some! Curious to see if the lead time between start->finish will be faster with the new year approaching.

Noticed they've also been advertising on their website, screenshot attached! :)

ttc1.PNG

Hello everyone. I've been looking at these boards for a while and i want to contribute a little.  I applied for the TTC operator position in early June 2017 and got invited to the orientation session in late September.  In late October (almost a month after the orientation) I was invited for an interview.  I had my interview with the TTC in late November and had my references contacted 2 days after that (they were contacted more than once).  early December I was informed that I was successful at the interview process.  now i'm just waiting for further instructions. 

The testing at the orientation session is simple but tricky at the same time.  The questions are all multiple choice however they consist of both letter options (a,b,c,d....), numbered options (1,2,3,4) and true and false.  For example in a true and false question you will be asked whether the statement is True or False. and you'll have the ability to answer the following ways...

1)T,   2)F     -  here you answer with the NUMBER that corresponds

a)T,    b)F .   -  here you answer with the LETTER that corresponds

True, False . -  here you write the actual WHOLE WORD

or 

T, F .        - here you simply put the first LETTER

I believe they are looking for your ability to follow instructions and your attention to detail.  read each question carefully and understand how they want you to answer.  when you're rushing to finish questions you will mess up.  slow down.

the Interview is all customer service and scenario based.  follow the star method when answering.  customer service is essential.  

Hi Everyone!

i  just got my e-mail for face-to-face interview scheduled for January 2, 2018.

i went to the information session September 28, 2017 and was told i would be contact in December 2017 if i was successful for face-to-face interview.

what are some do's and dont's i should be aware of?

any helpful tips?

On 04/12/2017 at 2:38 PM, champ2685 said:

Hi Everyone!

i went to the information session September 28, 2017 and was told i would be contact in December 2017 if i was successful for face-to-face interview.

any helpful 

Hey guys, any new people here just get their information session invite today? I'm booked for January 9th. Super excited, the waiting game for recruitment process is going to kill me.

I just finished Documentation and a little concerned about the training as I hear you fail on just one mistake. Is this correct????? Concerned because I just left my other job. Just want to be successful. 

I believe my start date will be late March/Early April 2018. Anyone else in and around that timeline. I guess people with late February and early March Medical. 

2 hours ago, Transit77 said:

I just finished Documentation and a little concerned about the training as I hear you fail on just one mistake. Is this correct????? Concerned because I just left my other job. Just want to be successful. 

I believe my start date will be late March/Early April 2018. Anyone else in and around that timeline. I guess people with late February and early March Medical. 

On the road test yes. You jump the curb, you automatically fail.  You forget to buckle the seat belt more than 2 tumes during training you automatcially fail

3 hours ago, Transit77 said:

What was your timeline right up to documentation?

I have an interview set up for early February and would like to compare, so I have an idea.

Congrats on getting there.

Hey funky,

if your interview is in February you should be doing documentation early to late March. Then I’m guessing your start date would be April or May. Not sure but mine was early November and documentation was late December. Hope that clarifies.

Do you have information on how you fail in regards the training. How is there almost zero margin for error. I find that unfair. People gave up jobs and I feel there needs to be a degree of compassion given that a lot of people like myself have never driven a bus or operated such a vehicle before. What other things have you heard you can fail on with the various modes. Hopefully someone on here knows. I feel the class room is easy but I’m worried about the final. Anyhow any info would be great. 

hey guys!

I applied in March and Start Training January 4th. my division will be Birchmount and mode will be bus. 

just looking for any tips

for me, the application process was super relaxed and I didn't find that I waited very long through the steps and to be honest I forgot I had applied, I went on tour for a month and a half and came back to an invite for the information session. My tips for the face to face Interview is be 100% honest with your answers and be yourself ( i didn't think i answered the questions as well as i could've and was actually kinda worried i blew it ) but they started calling references the following week 

Dont sweat the small stuff 

Triggs

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 11:29 PM, Transit77 said:

Hey funky,

if your interview is in February you should be doing documentation early to late March. Then I’m guessing your start date would be April or May. Not sure but mine was early November and documentation was late December. Hope that clarifies.

Do you have information on how you fail in regards the training. How is there almost zero margin for error. I find that unfair. People gave up jobs and I feel there needs to be a degree of compassion given that a lot of people like myself have never driven a bus or operated such a vehicle before. What other things have you heard you can fail on with the various modes. Hopefully someone on here knows. I feel the class room is easy but I’m worried about the final. Anyhow any info would be great. 

People's lives are at stake.  One error can lead to castatrophic consequences.  Sure some mistakes can be overlook.  

Jumping the curb seems nothing.  What if somebody is standing at the edge of the sidewalk?  

I know a lot of people taking a leave of absent from their current job.

Good point I guess a leave could assist with ensuring I’m 100% on the training. Very good point. Thanks for that comment just saw the light : ) I will give it my best shot. Hopefully I don’t make any mortal mistakes. Congrats to others getting on. Exciting times ahead :)

On 12/4/2017 at 2:38 PM, champ2685 said:

Hi Everyone!

any helpful tips?

Well try to describe yourself in the most interesting way, but also keep in mind to make face expressions when something funny or anything they say that makes an impact on their face expressions try coping theirs too when the interviewer laughs or anything.

2 hours ago, 354 Lawrence East said:

Well try to describe yourself in the most interesting way, but also keep in mind to make face expressions when something funny or anything they say that makes an impact on their face expressions try coping theirs too when the interviewer laughs or anything.

Better to leave this to those who have been through the process maybe?

• Like 1