ericgu22

TTC Application Process

9,195 posts in this topic

for sure Morgan 

please stay in touch ... all the best 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Notoriou$ said:

thanks @NuggetRocket u knew I was giving u a shout out .. thanks bro hope to see you soon on the field ... I will let you know the progress for sure... all the best. keep your head up ..

oh yeah I did email my recruiter. I think it was a good idea just to touch base to see how far u are on the pool... 

Good tip, I will fire off an email later.

8 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Hello!

Typically you should get a response within the next week or two. It shouldn't take more than a couple of months at most. Otherwise, it'd be likely that you didn't make the cut. Although I have never been through this before, employers typically only notify those who have been successful in their application, because, most people would be more comfortable if they got no response than if they got a negative one. Besides, it'd be too much work for the employer to notify every single one of their applicants regardless of their outcome. Imagine if 100 people applied for a job but only ten of them were accepted, Would it make sense to make 10 acceptance calls only or to make that plus 90 denial calls?

Good luck with your search! We're always here to help.

Such weird timing, I got a conditional letter about an hour and a half ago exciting! Thank you for your reply

1 person likes this

HI 

I got call for info session for next Wednesday  I am wondering since I have a bz license  would that make any difference 

17 hours ago, busgirl said:

HI 

I got call for info session for next Wednesday  I am wondering since I have a bz license  would that make any difference 

Good luck.  Experience can't hurt but imo it's not a big deal, the customer service aspects are much more important to them than any bus driving experience, as far as hiring goes.

As for training, seems they rather train people fresh with their own methods.

4 hours ago, slowtyper said:

Good luck.  Experience can't hurt but imo it's not a big deal, the customer service aspects are much more important to them than any bus driving experience, as far as hiring goes.

As for training, seems they rather train people fresh with their own methods.

As i mentioned in the other thread.  It doesnt matter what license class or endorsement.  The instructors will test each applicant everything mto road test, measurement of the push rod, 7 step air brakes written air brake test c test sign test etc.  If your bz license is about to expirr, they can renew them for you

Hi,

New to this board, and here is my situation.

I got my offer letter in March 2017, and medical check, police check submitted in mid March. But I have not received the documentation call. What I found from most candidates' timeline, documentation usually comes within one month after police check, however in my case, it goes beyond one month, I am wondering if this falls in a normal range, can anyone give me some advice? 

8 minutes ago, jonathan.g said:

Hi,

New to this board, and here is my situation.

I got my offer letter in March 2017, and medical check, police check submitted in mid March. But I have not received the documentation call. What I found from most candidates' timeline, documentation usually comes within one month after police check, however in my case, it goes beyond one month, I am wondering if this falls in a normal range, can anyone give me some advice? 

Totally normal many have been waiting much longer.  Doesn't hurt to send an email to recruiter to check in.

@slowtyper

HI!! I had a question.. now that i accepted the conditional offer .. when should i apply for the police check? Is this something they get you to do when they reply back with your signed documents?

53 minutes ago, ttcgirl10 said:

@slowtyper

HI!! I had a question.. now that i accepted the conditional offer .. when should i apply for the police check? Is this something they get you to do when they reply back with your signed documents?

They already applied for you.  At the interview you should have signed the form that allows them to request it.  It should show up in your mailbox one day and then you scan it (or take a picture of it) and mail it to your recruiter.  

5 minutes ago, slowtyper said:

They already applied for you.  At the interview you should have signed the form that allows them to request it.  It should show up in your mailbox one day and then you scan it (or take a picture of it) and mail it to your recruiter.  

Ah yes.. I did sign the form during the interview.. thank you so much! Now its just the waiting game haha! :)

1 person likes this

Question for the ladies. What shoe would you suggest ? I'm thinking of doc martens or dr scholls? I'm looking for non leather shoes.

22 hours ago, Morgan20 said:

Question for the ladies. What shoe would you suggest ? I'm thinking of doc martens or dr scholls? I'm looking for non leather shoes.

I've seen some ladies wearing doc martens and all types of black shoes. Whatever you feel comfortable with is best. Just ensure that the are full closed and black shoes. 

1 person likes this

On 4/21/2017 at 9:30 PM, busgirl said:

HI 

Nope not really. I have a BZ and that didn't make much of a difference. Only now, I'm at the point where everyone in my training class are upgrading their license from G to CZ but because I have a BZ which is a higher class than CZ I have to only complete the test but I didn't need to go into the ministry. The written tests for the C were TTC in house tests and not ministry. You'd still have to pass to the Ministry standard.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Trini12 said:

Nope not really. I have a BZ and that didn't make much of a difference. Only now, I'm at the point where everyone in my training class are upgrading their license from G to CZ but because I have a BZ which is a higher class than CZ I have to only complete the test but I didn't need to go into the ministry. The written tests for the C were TTC in house tests and not ministry. You'd still have to pass to the Ministry standard.

Very good to know, thanks @Trini12