ericgu22

TTC Application Process

I don't need or want the big cheese apologizing on my behalf every time there's a real or perceived 'disaster', or an imagined slight of some oversensitive, hyper-critical oaf took offense to. After a while it just becomes tedious, the novelty wears off and appears as actually being insincere. Start managing, stop the meaningless photo-ops and stop apologizing, it only makes you look weak and incompetent!

So very well said!!

anyone here had their condional offer on Oct.31?if so, did you get your police clearance yet? mine hasnt come yet and i want to know if I should worry or not. Its been almost two months :(

anyone here had their condional offer on Oct.31?if so, did you get your police clearance yet? mine hasnt come yet and i want to know if I should worry or not. Its been almost two months :(

Send an inquiry email to ReferenceCheckProgram@torontopolice.on.ca

Finally received the call for training a few days ago. I will be starting on the Jan. 12th sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Happy Holidays everyone! :):)

congrats which mode and division did you get?

Finally received the call for training a few days ago. I will be starting on the Jan. 12th sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Happy Holidays everyone! :):)

How long did it take them to call you after the conditional offer signing

A lot of the stuff Mr. Byford is taking credit for was stuff that was already in the works (slowly).

I blame Mr. Byford for putting so much focus on schedules and customer service, neglecting the TTC's "Safety First" policy.

Like in any other company, the "CEO" must take the heat.

If they really cared about safety and customer service for that matter they would give operators realistic running times to work with. If the bus has enough running time it wont fall behind and require a short turn...which makes happy passengers. It wont always be possible of course, especially during rush hour when a raindrop adds an extra hour to everyones trip, but why are buses travelling in 3 packs at 10pm? This needs to change.

congrats which mode and division did you get?

Thanks TTC102....I will be driving a bus, as for the division. They said they will call me a back closer to training date.

How long did it take them to call you after the conditional offer signing

My documentation was Oct. 6th....the conditional offer was a while back can't remember.

Hopefully any where new op's get place someone like you will be willing to help show them the ropes.

I have a question.I have a friend who drives tractor trailers and such, would it be a good idea to ask him about air breaks and possibly get some hands on experience with air breaks so if I get threw my upcoming interview I will have some knowledge and hands on experience of air breaks?

Hopefully any where new op's get place someone like you will be willing to help show them the ropes.

I have a question.I have a friend who drives tractor trailers and such, would it be a good idea to ask him about air breaks and possibly get some hands on experience with air breaks so if I get threw my upcoming interview I will have some knowledge and hands on experience of air breaks?

Basic understanding of air brakes before starting training is not a bad idea. The air brake test day is known to cause trouble for some.

If they really cared about safety and customer service for that matter they would give operators realistic running times to work with. If the bus has enough running time it wont fall behind and require a short turn...which makes happy passengers. It wont always be possible of course, especially during rush hour when a raindrop adds an extra hour to everyones trip, but why are buses travelling in 3 packs at 10pm? This needs to change.

Just drive safely. I know tomorrow I will be short turned at least twice even on a Sunday and it doesn't matter what I do it is unavoidable on some routes at some times. You get paid by the hour and there is no bonus for being on time and if you finish late you get paid double. Especially with all the incidents lately the spotlight is aweful bright at the moment so best to be extra careful. Hopefully realistic running times can be addressed if service levels are returned to pre 2011.

Thanks TTC102....I will be driving a bus, as for the division. They said they will call me a back closer to training date.

My documentation was Oct. 6th....the conditional offer was a while back can't remember.

Thanks speakerbox for the valuable information, now I can wait until spring without worrying why I am not geting call for conditional and training date.

yea I hear about 14 trainees for line 2..

Unheard of since there is usually a waiting list to get in as well as other factors such as reassignment of surface ops who may be sent or chose to go down for a number of reasons, (i.e. see recent events) Oh wait, is line 2 Bloor/Danforth? That explains it. <_<

Unheard of since there is usually a waiting list to get in as well as other factors such as reassignment of surface ops who may be sent or chose to go down for a number of reasons, (i.e. see recent events) Oh wait, is line 2 Bloor/Danforth? That explains it. <_<

The waiting list for transfers to subway is quite long.

Once and if there is a masters a lot of the new hires in subway will get pushed out.

That's obviously a given. What I want to know is why are those on the waiting list now being bypassed because of the new hires?

I know one factor is the success rate is higher for new hires hence less money wasted on training

Once and if there is a masters a lot of the new hires in subway will get pushed out.

What does a masters mean? a new division? Where will the new hires get pushed to?

That's obviously a given. What I want to know is why are those on the waiting list now being bypassed because of the new hires?

Its a good question, I never got a proper answer to it. Some one told me the company has to do X number of transfers per year others say its a staffing issue. I believe they just prefer new hires in subway since their more inclined to finish.

I believe the next master is when Ashbridges Bay opens. Basically all the ops waiting for a subway transfer or any transfer for that matter will get their wish. All the jr. ops in subway will get pushed out to make way for the transfers. So if your a new hire in subway you might get sent to your 2nd, 3rd or even 4th choice.