TTC Application Process

ericgu22

On 7/27/2022 at 4:27 AM, fembot said:

I heard it was 75 lbs and you have to go up and down 2 flights of stairs as well. *You are timed as well, with the person carrying a stop watch following you. 

It's 40lbs down a hallway, up one flight of stairs and then walk back. You do it at the medical worker's speed. It's regular walking. Just don't drop it and don't set it down. It's real easy. 

On 7/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, raptorz416 said:

Anyone know why streetcar training is tough?? I read on one forum somewhere 1/16 guys passed the training? Wtf Aren’t streetcars mostly automatic? I thought it would be easier than a bus but apparently not

How is training going for you? I'm in the morning class. Driving streetcar is alot of fun, I thought it was automatic before and was worried that I'll be bored to death. Now I realized you've got 3x more things to worry about than bus. 

On 7/13/2022 at 12:42 PM, raptorz416 said:

So they put me in street car division and I start training soon. 

can someone that works for the ttc tell me how hard it is to Take classes while you’re working? I basically have like 4 classes left to graduate and I’m wondering if it’s possible to take one or two per semester?  Will our off days be the same every week? I know the ttc work schedule Is going to be hectic but will my off days change on a week to week basis?

I'm in streetcar training now too. How's training going for you? 

Hello!

Has anyone declined / asked to post pone a training date because of scheduling reasons/etc?  Waited almost two months for a training date but they gave me a time that was unfortunately a bit too short notice.  Haven't emailed them back yet regarding the issue as im trying to see if my current work is able to work around this but how flexible are they with bumping you to the next class?

Thanks

2 hours ago, congeetime said:

Hello!

Has anyone declined / asked to post pone a training date because of scheduling reasons/etc?  Waited almost two months for a training date but they gave me a time that was unfortunately a bit too short notice.  Haven't emailed them back yet regarding the issue as im trying to see if my current work is able to work around this but how flexible are they with bumping you to the next class?

Thanks

If they gave you two weeks notice, then not room for this. It'll depend on your trainer. Email them right away 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 9:27 PM, iMstyle said:

If they gave you two weeks notice, then not room for this. It'll depend on your trainer. Email them right away 

Ended up accepting the training date but does anyone know how easy or how soon I can transfer divisions?  I was under the impression that they would place me in a division close to home but they put me in one across the city(queensway, I live in the east end) 

4 minutes ago, congeetime said:

Ended up accepting the training date but does anyone know how easy or how soon I can transfer divisions?  I was under the impression that they would place me in a division close to home but they put me in one across the city(queensway, I live in the east end) 

I am at Queensway. Day 23 of training today (with divisional trainer on the 501 replacement bus and the 301 night bus). You can transfer divisions in the same mode at around the 1 year mark of service. But who knows, maybe you will end up really liking Queensway. From my experience so far, it is a pretty good division to be at. 

7 hours ago, congeetime said:

Speak to a union board member once your probation is done. Good luck ? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TransitMotorcoach said:

I am at Queensway. Day 23 of training today (with divisional trainer on the 501 replacement bus and the 301 night bus). You can transfer divisions in the same mode at around the 1 year mark of service. But who knows, maybe you will end up really liking Queensway. From my experience so far, it is a pretty good division to be at. 

No complaints on my end! Queensway seems like a nice division to be but for me, I live like 5 mins walking distance away from the Malvern division so it caught me by surprise when they put me in queensway.  Either way, can't wait to start training! 

On 8/4/2022 at 3:23 PM, TransitMotorcoach said:

Queensway is really nice. I'm almost 6 months on over there and I'm loving every minute of it.

23 hours ago, congeetime said:

No complaints on my end! Queensway seems like a nice division to be but for me, I live like 5 mins walking distance away from the Malvern division so it caught me by surprise when they put me in queensway.  Either way, can't wait to start training! 

They put you where they need operators. Proximity to where you live doesn't factor into the decision. 

I had sent PRCP and the lady from TTC emails that someone will get back to me. It's been a week now and no update. 

Medicals done, letter received from MTO. Police clearance done. Anyone waiting for documentation email or has received it?

On 8/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, Harmanv2 said:

So I just got my PCRP and all that paper work just emailed it over to my recruiter yesterday dose anyone know what the next step is / how long it takes?

any update for you?

22 minutes ago, ssk1402 said:

I had sent PRCP and the lady from TTC emails that someone will get back to me. It's been a week now and no update. 

Medicals done, letter received from MTO. Police clearance done. Anyone waiting for documentation email or has received it?

any update for you?

I am still waiting

• Sad 1

On 7/26/2022 at 3:08 PM, Someguy3071 said:

It's a pretty interesting turn to make. I had to wait quite a while to make that right turn onto Castlefield when I was doing my test. There are some routes with very similar turns, that's why they make it part of the test. 

Congratulations on passing. Now you're on the home stretch but keep your focus up. You still need to have satisfactory daily progress until you pass your final test. Get lots of rest for your divisional training days as you'll be doing more driving in 3 days then you have in your entire training so far. 

I think it's 30 to 40 pounds and if I remember correctly you just walk down the hallway and back. Someone who's done medical recently will know. 

Thank you for responding. Yes, it was just that with a bunch of other weight exercises. It has been 2 weeks since I've completed the medical and have not heard back yet. I've attempted to check my progress on myttc portal, but it just says for next steps : " not translated in selected language." I'm assuming I may have to wait about a month's time before I hear anything? Hope I passed!

On 8/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, ssk1402 said:

any update for you?

how long did you have to wait between the medical exam and receiving the results? thanks in advance

23 hours ago, Rdawwg said:

Hey everyone! 
Finally got my training date today

mode is bus and division is Wilson.

Can anyone with experience offer any insight? 

thanks! 

hey man congratulations! i don't have any insight as i am in the hiring process. however, hoping since you just got your training dates, can you tell me how long you had to wait between your medical exam and receiving your results? thanks so much. and good luck!

Hello all

Many thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread

Here is my timeline so far:

Applied: 12/19/21
Wonderlic Test & Virtual Information Session: 06/07/22
Phone Interview from agency: 06/20/22
Conditional Offer: 06/23/22
Documentation: 06/24/22
References Contacted: 06/29/22

It has now been more than a month since my references have been contacted. Still waiting on my medical date and Police Check. I guess this is taking awhile? Will the agency contact me if the offer has been rescinded?

On 6/22/2022 at 2:05 AM, TTC_SC said:

hey,dude, im new here, and i have a couple of questions for u, cause it seems like we have a similar time

1, what is ISN , i just know the recruiter from Cadre

2, my time line,  6.10 create a ttc account

6.11 submit application

6.17 confirmation of phone interview

6.20. interview and got a conditional offer

6.21. accept the offer at 1:00am, got email afternoon about required pre-employment Documentation, education proof, driver's abstract, reference check and so on.

3,I submitted full vaccine proof then got the latest email,i guess so, 

yes , i did not do the wonderlic test,just got interview , am I lucky ? i did wonderlick test 5 or 6 years ago, but when i tried to log in using the old 1, it did not exist,so i created a new account on ttc website. i dont know what the order, like wonderlic test 1st, then interview,then medical check and police check, or these checks go after document ?

right now , i have all the Documentation except employment letter, my current company told me, U can get it after 2 business days from HR, the questions is 

the recruiter always say  in the email " please submit documents within the next three business days "   however in the offer letter, its 3 months not 3 business days

and in the offer letter, i did not see the shadowing assignment, or maybe i dont which one is.

I thank you all of you who left messages/infos, it helped me a lot

p.s.  the interview guy said, right now a lot of operator applications, for me probably someday on 2023, he said  nobody knows when.

i know  this job has a long process, and i gave it up 5 years ago, because i know im bad at messy colors.  and i just knew couple of days ago, i can do others but subway and LRT, thats why Im here now. communicate my future colleagues ,yeah hope so.

in the future ,if everybody succeeds to become an operator, i heard , for the first  5 years, all split/night shift,life will be struggle.

sorry my english is not very strong, but i typed alot, hope u guys understand what im talking about, thank u for ur time. just do not forget my question, thx

what is your application status as of today?? me im still waiting for my educational evaluation because i study abroad.

On 8/11/2022 at 1:30 PM, ssk1402 said:

Did my medicals on June 22 and sent out the Clear PRCP report along with letter from MTO clearance letter on the 28th July. No update till now. 

Hey. I got the clear Prcp right away and sent that in. Did medical on July 25 and haven't received any MTO Letter. How long did it take to arrive?

On 8/12/2022 at 9:06 PM, Dominap said:

what is your application status as of today?? me im still waiting for my educational evaluation because i study abroad.

I applied on jun 10th 2022, they received all my documents like education proof,medical report,police background check, mto letter,wonderlic test, job shadowing assignment ,full vaccined proof, offer sign paper,right now im waiting for the training date, the last recruiter said,someone will contact to me, however  there are several candidates before me,maybe couples of weeks for the start date.

Thx for asking me,i thought my english is too bad to understand, and i found ppl respond quickly in reddit but not here.

Gl to everyone who applied this ttc job, I will work hard on future ttc training days, to change my family's life, I heared many stories about fail on training days and probabtion days,thats scary for me.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:06 PM, Dominap said:

Also the copy of driver licence,and abstract, refference check succesfully,English is my second language, i finished high school in Canada, so education proof is easy for me, i heard if high school dipolma and above  from abroad will be more complicated to the process, good luck to u,hope u everything goes well

7 hours ago, TTC_SC said:

I applied on jun 10th 2022, they received all my documents like education proof,medical report,police background check, mto letter,wonderlic test, job shadowing assignment ,full vaccined proof, offer sign paper,right now im waiting for the training date, the last recruiter said,someone will contact to me, however  there are several candidates before me,maybe couples of weeks for the start date.

Thx for asking me,i thought my english is too bad to understand, and i found ppl respond quickly in reddit but not here.

Gl to everyone who applied this ttc job, I will work hard on future ttc training days, to change my family's life, I heared many stories about fail on training days and probabtion days,thats scary for me.

Also the copy of driver licence,and abstract, refference check succesfully,English is my second language, i finished high school in Canada, so education proof is easy for me, i heard if high school dipolma and above  from abroad will be more complicated to the process, good luck to u,hope u everything goes well

hi buddy did cadre inform you that your reference check when well? i done everything medical, police and others stuff that they need. only my education in on process for evaluation. goodluck