TTC Application Process

ericgu22

13 hours ago, raptorz416 said:

I guess they feel like we are easily replaceable, that’s the only reason they’re messing around like this. 

The reality is that yes, you are easily replaceable because your application is one of hundreds and you are applying for a job that can be filled by literally anyone with zero education and training.

If you've made it this far, they'll let you know what the deal is when your number comes up but its not your turn yet, so take a number and have a seat.  And yes, sometimes other people get the job faster, just like going to a restaurant and the table across from you orders after but gets their food before you - it happens - thats life.

Carry on with life, when and if you get the call, cross that bridge when you get to it - until then just keep motoring on down that highway - thats life, it sucks but thats the way it is.  Stressing out and complaining about the process will do nothing to benefit your position.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:12 AM, raptorz416 said:

They talk about driver shortage then they dick us around like this. Not responding to emails, calls etc. Seems like these HR people are the entitled ones. I guess they feel like we are easily replaceable, that’s the only reason they’re messing around like this. 

Hah. Wait until you’re actually on the payroll…..

• Haha 1

Today I received a call from the Occupational Health and Safety Department of the TTC, and I was told that the medical I had was satisfactory in general, but given that I did not do well on the color blindness test, I was also told that I am unfit to operate the subway and Eglinton LRT. If hired, I would be restricted to just buses and streetcars. The medical info will be forwarded to the recruiter for further decision and next steps. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, TransitMotorcoach said:

Today I received a call from the Occupational Health and Safety Department of the TTC, and I was told that the medical I had on the 13th of April was satisfactory in general, but given that I did not do well on the color blindness test, I was also told that I am unfit to operate the subway and Eglinton LRT. If hired, I would be restricted to just buses and streetcars. The medical info will be forwarded to the recruiter for further decision and next steps. 

Best of luck to you. Hopefully they put you on bus!

I'm unfamiliar with TTC - if they hire you lets say as a bus driver, is it common practice to pull an employee off one mode and place them into another mode as operating requirements dictate or is it just done on a volunteer/posting basis?

2 hours ago, 9924 said:

I'm unfamiliar with TTC - if they hire you lets say as a bus driver, is it common practice to pull an employee off one mode and place them into another mode as operating requirements dictate or is it just done on a volunteer/posting basis?

Master sign-up happens when a new division opens. It happened couple years ago and some new hires in subway got booted and were sent to bus.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:41 PM, Rekognize said:

Master sign-up happens when a new division opens. It happened couple years ago and some new hires in subway got booted and were sent to bus.

I see, thanks.  Just kind of curious how that would fit in if one is medically fit for one mode and not another with seniority and all.  

2 hours ago, Rdawwg said:

Hey, so I forwarded the results of my medical and police reference check to my recruiter...no response. Can anyone please tell me what to expect next.

thank you in advance

I gave them my letters 7 weeks ago and inquired twice asking for an update and didn’t get a response so I’m in the same boat as you.  Let me know if you get an update.

2 hours ago, MihaelaT said:

Hi Everyone,

Is somebody here that wrote wonderlic last month? I wrote mine on April 19 and did not hear back from them yet. How long between test and interview. 

Thx

They called me 4 weeks after my test

On 4/18/2022 at 9:55 PM, Tdamcd said:

Applied October 11,2021

December 15,2021 Recieved email with Transit operator information session 

December 17,2021 wonderlic Cognitive ability Assessment process test

January 20,2022 Interview 

January 21,2022  Conditional Offer of Employment

January 23, 2022 submitted driver abstract ,references& education.

January 25, 2022 vaccination status submitted 

January 27,2022 Police background check submitted

Febuary 16,2022  Toronto police reference check cleared 

March 15,2022 References completed 

March 17,2022 Medical 

March 25,2022 recieved medical clearance from MTO

April 5,2022 Job Shadowing submitted 

“April 12,2022 last update from recruiter “Training hopefully in May “

S]]

I got my Training Date on May 31 2022. Mode - streetcar &   Division- Leslie 

Hope you all get soon. Have a wonderful Day

7 hours ago, Tdamcd said:

Mine is almost exactly like your timeline. Did they email/call you yesterday? I’m still waiting.

2 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

Mine is almost exactly like your timeline. Did they email/call you yesterday? I’m still waiting.

I guess they are giving us exactly enough time to put in a two week notice. I wonder how often these training dates run.

10 hours ago, Tdamcd said:

10 hours ago, Tdamcd said:

Did you email them to ask for an update just before you received a start date?

6 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

Hey received a Email yesterday mid day. 

2 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

Did you email them to ask for an update just before you received a start date?

Last time i heard from the recruiter was on April 12 when i was told end of April or May . Until yesterdays email. 

1 hour ago, Jonnyboy said:

dRaptorz what’s your timeline if you don’t mind me asking thx

Basically a week behind the other guy.

Dec 20 did Wonderlic. Jan 26 got offer.  submitted docs and job shadowing a week later. Did Medical Mar 21. Got Police check in mail on Mar 24. . Got MTO letter on April 8.

Waiting since