TTC Application Process

ericgu22

17 hours ago, fembot said:

Yes, I would call/e-mail her until she responds, you deserve to get the increase, and tell her you want retro pay too, or... you resign. Good luck! 

Everyone makes the same amount as operators and changes once you complete your 1 and 2 years of work.  

whatever the rate you signed on the offer was from a previous contract. It changed earlier this year and you would start at the new rate

35 minutes ago, Rdawwg said:

How long have you been waiting for a start date?

I did my medical like 7 weeks ago. Got my MTO letter 6 weeks ago and sent that to recruiter. Since the letter total radio silence. Even emailed ttc asking for an update but didn't get a response.  

Not true, all though they would like to hire more women. But if your in the process, signed a conditional offer and completed the steps then you have to wait for a on boarding/training date. They are very busy so just have to wait your turn. I’m waiting for training date and was told end of may - mid June . Hope that helps.

Was an old posting back in Feb (special program) and there’s none currently. but if signed a conditional offer male or female and passed the steps required then your waiting for a training date. My recruiter said to expect to be contacted within a month. 

10 hours ago, Jonybones said:

Was an old posting back in Feb (special program) and there’s none currently. but if signed a conditional offer male or female and passed the steps required then your waiting for a training date. My recruiter said to expect to be contacted within a month. 

TTC reposted it multiple times and there was an info session recently.

Screenshot_20220507-081313.png

Not sure what your end game is. All I’m saying is that if you’ve signed a conditional offer and they ask you to do the steps and completed them, then you will get a call or email for a training date. Special programs and info sessions won’t interfere with people already late in the process.

I have come across information that they are fast tracking all women and are putting men on hold right now. Governments are under pressure to diversify and that 16% number looks horrible since they get so much funding and since operator is such a visible role. I think they will put us all on hold until they bring that number up to 30%. Could be a year long wait.

2 hours ago, Jonybones said:

Not sure what your end game is. All I’m saying is that if you’ve signed a conditional offer and they ask you to do the steps and completed them, then you will get a call or email for a training date. Special programs and info sessions won’t interfere with people already late in the process.

I'm saying it could affect the ones waiting for start date when TTC has prioritized the hiring of female operators.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:42 AM, Rekognize said:

I'm saying it could affect the ones waiting for start date when TTC has prioritized the hiring of female operators.

Yikes! Hopefully not much of a delay. I've already been delayed with the whole CPAP thing which just finally got sent to the MTO. I've kind of checked out of my current job and lost complete focus/interest in it since my medical back in January. Luckily, I've built a good relationship with my employer and just doing some admin stuff to keep me busy.

8 hours ago, sigur_ros said:

Yikes! Hopefully not much of a delay. I've already been delayed with the whole CPAP thing which just finally got sent to the MTO. I've kind of checked out of my current job and lost complete focus/interest in it since my medical back in January. Luckily, I've built a good relationship with my employer and just doing some admin stuff to keep me busy.

I have honestly given up on this. Going to move on with my life as if this TTC stuff never even happened. I guess they feel like they can do whatever they want with new hires since they have hundreds applying to one bus driver position. 

3 hours ago, raptorz416 said:

I have honestly given up on this. Going to move on with my life as if this TTC stuff never even happened. I guess they feel like they can do whatever they want with new hires since they have hundreds applying to one bus driver position. 

You sound very self-centered and entitled. Process takes time. 

5 hours ago, raptorz416 said:

Not beating on you, because trust me, I know how you feel, but thats what I would do.  It sucks but sometimes things don't work out the way one hopes, we've all been there.  If they call they call.  If they don't they don't.  If you get the job or not - best is to just carry on life as if you don't have the job and if/when they call, figure out what you're going to do then - but to put your life on hold for phone call isn't the best thing do.

I put my life on hold for a job once, at the end I didn't get it and it cost me time, money and other things, always thinking I need to be ready to go as soon as they call and all that.  I don't regret applying for it, it was a stab in the dark, but being older and wiser now,  I would go about it differently today.

7 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

I waited 2.5 years from online application to start date. It used to take much longer. The process is faster now in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

They talk about driver shortage then they dick us around like this. Not responding to emails, calls etc. Seems like these HR people are the entitled ones. I guess they feel like we are easily replaceable, that’s the only reason they’re messing around like this. 

3 minutes ago, raptorz416 said:

They talk about driver shortage then they dick us around like this. Not responding to emails, calls etc. Seems like these HR people are the entitled ones. I guess they feel like we are easily replaceable, that’s the only reason they’re messing around like this. 

I have been endlessly waiting as well, with no response from my recruiter about the latest status of my application. Had my medical a month ago, and if it was not for this forum, I would not have known that the MTO medical clearance letter would be sent directly to me, which I would then email to the recruiter afterwards. Am too starting to give up hope. 

Just email again. I emailed twice and they got back to me with an anticipated start date. Process takes time. And they said they are overwhelmed with emails for different things. You’ll get a call don’t worry 

Also this is proof they are busy because we are here waiting.