TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Hi, I’m still waiting to get my medical test scheduled! I’ve signed and sent all documentation since Feb, 25, 2022. I have mixed reviews were other ttc employees told me they got there medical test within a couple weeks. Where others have told me it takes months. I’m assuming mine may take longer since Covid is a thing now. I did however email my ttc recruiter directly and they did inform me that they are backtracked with the booking. They have also told me that they don’t know them self when the email/phone call would be to schedule it. I’m kind of eager to start my career, although it pains me not to send so many emails to them again regarding the status of it. I always have this feeling in the back of my head that they may have forgotten me or they cut my application without any sort of notice. Thus, the feel of needing to send another email.

16 hours ago, FrozenRain said:

I have a scheduled medical next week and a bit worried about the blood pressure test as mine is normally right at 140. My BMI is around 25.8 so a little bit overweight. Would that fail my medical exam? 

I think they just make you do further tests. Like sleep apnea, getting treatment for blood pressure etc. But I don't think you have to worry since they only care if you're obese, not overweight. 

2 hours ago, raptorz416 said:

I think they just make you do further tests. Like sleep apnea, getting treatment for blood pressure etc. But I don't think you have to worry since they only care if you're obese, not overweight. 

Thank you so much! Fingers crossed!

6 hours ago, raptorz416 said:

Anyone know what ISN employment verification is? I never got an email for that step.  I guess I won't get training date until I do it? 

Is a form the recruiter would have emailed you with everything else it’s a form with previous work info

8 hours ago, Rdawwg said:

Hey everyone,

I know this might be a repetitive question but approximately how long did you guys have to wait for a training date after completing your medical and background checks?

thank you! 

From all of the information that I've gathered online, and speaking to some friends that work at the TTC, it's about 2-3 months before training day 1. 

Update to my TTC hiring process journey:

After 2 months of waiting since January 23, when I was given the job shadow assignment to do and asked for references, driver's abstract, and high school diploma copy, I now have a medical scheduled on the 13th of this month. In addition, I filled out the vulnerable sector check form and submitted it to the recruiter as well.

Hopefully I start training soon, and I can submit a resignation notice to Miller Transit and be done with YRT all together. 

Hey all, 

I had my medical back in January but my blood pressure was 140/80 and they told me I had to get a sleep apnea test. I went through all the sleep tests and got my CPAP machine 3 weeks ago and it's going well. I'm just concerned I'm now forgotten. Do I have anything to worry about? I've been sending the bi weekly updates to Telus Health. Also, I missed a couple of nights on my CPAP and had a few nights I only used it for 4 hours. Should I be concerned they wont accept the compliance report? Perhaps I'm just overthinking.......

15 hours ago, sigur_ros said:

Hey all, 

I had my medical back in January but my blood pressure was 140/80 and they told me I had to get a sleep apnea test. I went through all the sleep tests and got my CPAP machine 3 weeks ago and it's going well. I'm just concerned I'm now forgotten. Do I have anything to worry about? I've been sending the bi weekly updates to Telus Health. Also, I missed a couple of nights on my CPAP and had a few nights I only used it for 4 hours. Should I be concerned they wont accept the compliance report? Perhaps I'm just overthinking.......

I am also scheduled for medical next week And my BP is also 145/93. So I am expecting they gonna send me for the sleep apnea test. Just want to know how many test I have to do. Is it done at hone or at the LAB.  And how long does it take as it takes you about almost 3 months aftwr your medical. Please if u can tell me some of the timelines ? Thanks. 

7 hours ago, torontosam said:

I am also scheduled for medical next week And my BP is also 145/93. So I am expecting they gonna send me for the sleep apnea test. Just want to know how many test I have to do. Is it done at hone or at the LAB.  And how long does it take as it takes you about almost 3 months after your medical. Please if u can tell me some of the timelines ? Thanks. 

There are basically 6 or 5 questions I think and 3 of them are measurements and 3 of them are questions like do you snore and stuff. The 3 questions that aren't measurements are questions like "do you snore" or "are you tired at night".  The 3 measurement questions you can't lie on. They are neck circumference, BMI, and blood pressure. Basically if you get 2/6 questions, you have to do furthur tests. So if only your blood pressure is high and you're not obese, and you don't have a thick neck. you should be good. 

1 hour ago, raptorz416 said:

There are basically 6 or 5 questions I think and 3 of them are measurements and 3 of them are questions like do you snore and stuff. The 3 questions that aren't measurements are questions like "do you snore" or "are you tired at night".  The 3 measurement questions you can't lie on. They are neck circumference, BMI, and blood pressure. Basically if you get 2/6 questions, you have to do furthur tests. So if only your blood pressure is high and you're not obese, and you don't have a thick neck. you should be good. 

Thanks. 

On 4/17/2022 at 11:45 AM, TransitMotorcoach said:

Had my medical on the 13th of this month. Quite a lengthy wait inside the waiting room there. The one part that has me worried is the fact I did not do too well on the color blindness test with the dotted numbers in the coloured circles.

They might make you go to a optometrist 

Hi Everyone,

I recently applied for Transit Operator with TTC and got the link to complete the Wondelic test online.  Does anyone can help and tell what is the passing percentage and how difficult the test is? Also if you pass the test, how long until the invite you to an interview ? Any hint will be greatly appreciated.

58 minutes ago, Rekognize said:

Been hearing that lately a lot of new hires are quitting once they get their license upgraded (day 16). Dump truck pays that well?

I believe you lol. Not sure about dump trucks but fuel trucks pay around $30/hr and you don't have to deal with the public. 

3 hours ago, MihaelaT said:

Hi Everyone,

I recently applied for Transit Operator with TTC and got the link to complete the Wondelic test online.  Does anyone can help and tell what is the passing percentage and how difficult the test is? Also if you pass the test, how long until the invite you to an interview ? Any hint will be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on receiving the Wonderlic. What date did you apply on?

Going by recent posts, they seem to be contacting you for an interview anytime between after a week and a month of completing the Wonderlic.

6 hours ago, MihaelaT said:

Hi Everyone,

It's like an IQ test. You're not expected to do them all, best advice I can give you is to not get answers wrong and to skip the ones you don't know. I've been told passing/fail depends on how desperate they are for people, and depending on company needs, they lower and raise the threshold.

For me, it took 3 weeks to get an interview after the test.