TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Hey all,

Been lurking these forums for years and have been an amazing resource for me while I progress through the on-boarding process. After applying every year for 13 years, I made it! Here's the breakdown of my dates:

Applied: October 8th, 2021

Virtual Information Session: October 19th, 2021

Assessment: October 19th, 2021

Virtual Interview: December 14th, 2021

Conditional Offer: December 14th, 2021

COVID Screening and verification: December 22nd, 2021

Job shadowing assignment: December 22nd, 2021

Medical: January 17th, 2022

Documentation: TBD

Training: TBD

Cheers!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 6:15 PM, TransitMotorcoach said:

Update to my process. 

Applied on the Oct. 2, 2021

Cognitive ability test on Dec. 18, 2021 

Phone Interview and Conditional Offer on Jan  6, 2022 (Today)

Awaiting an email from HR about the next steps.

Two and a half weeks ago I applied for the Carhouse Operator position, received a phone call a few days later and an Email stating that I need to write a test. A week after I wrote the test I got no response. I thought to myself, I’ve waited a reasonable amount of time and moved on and then I stumbled upon this website. Wow! The TTC has a nice starting pay but makes you waita a very long time for their response. 

My Gosh, the TTC hiring process takes forever, I actually had to take another job while waiting for their response. The worst part is that you're in limbo not knowing if you're accepted because of a possible error on a test or interview. When I apply for a job, I typically get a response in three days, trained in three week and the probation is typically a month. But the TTC! OMG, I’m reading these posts and I’m noticing a month to three month before candidates get any feedback. 

Here I am thinking that no response in a week means you didn't get the job, I'm interested to hear anyone else's thoughts on this matter.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:49 AM, mu271314 said:

Here I am thinking that no response in a week means you didn't get the job, I'm interested to hear anyone else's thoughts on this matter.

The bigger city transit systems do take their time given how many applications they get.

I interviewed with miway 2 months ago, and still haven't heard back. I'm sick of looking at my email. Same with the TTC. Can't even remember when I applied anymore.

I have a question for those who already work at the TTC. As you all remember, back in September of 2020, the TTC made it mandatory for all employees to wear a mask,  even operators who are physically separated in the cab. Do they have any exceptions to this rule? I ask because I wear glasses for driving and long distance seeing, it is an actual condition of my license, and if I wear a mask, my glasses will fog up, creating a serious safety hazard of its' own that increases the risk of an accident. I have tried everything,  and my glasses still fog up. At YRT, they allow us to take the mask off while we drive the bus as long as we are behind the plexiglass shield. I wonder if the TTC will be accommodating about this and give an exception just for when I am operating the vehicle,  as wearing glasses is necessary for me to drive a vehicle, and wearing a mask at the same time creates a safety hazard that can cause an accident.

2 minutes ago, TransitMotorcoach said:

I have a question for those who already work at the TTC. As you all remember, back in September of 2020, the TTC made it mandatory for all employees to wear a mask,  even operators who are physically separated in the cab. Do they have any exceptions to this rule? I ask because I wear glasses for driving and long distance seeing, it is an actual condition of my license, and if I wear a mask, my glasses will fog up, creating a serious safety hazard of its' own that increases the risk of an accident. I have tried everything,  and my glasses still fog up. At YRT, they allow us to take the mask off while we drive the bus as long as we are behind the plexiglass shield. I wonder if the TTC will be accommodating about this and give an exception just for when I am operating the vehicle,  as wearing glasses is necessary for me to drive a vehicle, and wearing a mask at the same time creates a safety hazard that can cause an accident.

No exception to my knowledge. They do provide n95 masks now and it creates a good seal around mouth/nose thus no fogging. Source: I wear glasses

5 hours ago, TransitMotorcoach said:

In Vancouver, we don't have to wear a mask while behind the barrier, however I do (as do many others), I wear glasses as well and have yet to have my glasses fog up while driving and thats with a simple disposable mask.  If I go outside and its damp and cold, yeah, my glasses fog up, but once inside the bus, no fog what so ever.

18 hours ago, TransitMotorcoach said:

No exceptions provided. 

18 hours ago, Rekognize said:

No exception to my knowledge. They do provide n95 masks now and it creates a good seal around mouth/nose thus no fogging. Source: I wear glasses.

N95 masks help a lot. Also anti fog wipes are provided. Don't know if they help or not. 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:15 PM, TransitMotorcoach said:

Update to my process. 

Applied on the Oct. 2, 2021

Cognitive ability test on Dec. 18, 2021 

Phone Interview and Conditional Offer on Jan  6, 2022 (Today)

Awaiting an email from HR about the next steps.

Congrats on the conditional offer! Are you able to provide insight on what you had to do after accepting the Conditional Offer? I am still waiting to hear back from my interview but I wanted to get a better idea of how the process goes. Cheers mate!

1 minute ago, LeafsFan99 said:

Congrats on the conditional offer! Are you able to provide insight on what you had to do after accepting the Conditional Offer? I am still waiting to hear back from my interview but I wanted to get a better idea of how the process goes. Cheers mate!

I had to email back a scanned signed copy of the offer, and the proof of covid immunization. A week later, they emailed me a reference consent form to sign, and asked for my driver's abstract and high school diploma. In addition to the job shadow assignment. The 3 documents I emailed back, and now I am in the process of the job shadow assignment. 2 out of 3 done, and the final summary questions left to go.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TransitMotorcoach said:

I had to email back a scanned signed copy of the offer, and the proof of covid immunization. A week later, they emailed me a reference consent form to sign, and asked for my driver's abstract and high school diploma. In addition to the job shadow assignment. The 3 documents I emailed back, and now I am in the process of the job shadow assignment. 2 out of 3 done, and the final summary questions left to go.

Oh that's not too bad. No medical and/or police clearance requested? Or could that be in one of the final stages?

2 hours ago, LeafsFan99 said:

Oh that's not too bad. No medical and/or police clearance requested? Or could that be in one of the final stages?

Not yet. The one part that had me looking sideways is them requiring references from all employers in the past 5 years, INCLUDING my current employer, where I have been for over 2 years now. Talk about an awkward moment asking the current supervisor for a reference to go elsewhere....

On 2/4/2022 at 5:40 PM, TransitMotorcoach said:

Not yet. The one part that had me looking sideways is them requiring references from all employers in the past 5 years, INCLUDING my current employer, where I have been for over 2 years now. Talk about an awkward moment asking the current supervisor for a reference to go elsewhere....

Have u done ur medicals ? 

Hi everyone!

I'm at the point where I'm waiting for the documentation step (SIN card etc) and I guess training after thats complete? I did my medical/drug back on January 11th, I finally received and sent back my police clearance on January 27th. How long do you think I'll be waiting for communication regarding documentation and training beginning training ? 

Thanks guys!

On 2/12/2022 at 6:54 AM, TTC2022 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm at the point where I'm waiting for the documentation step (SIN card etc) and I guess training after thats complete? I did my medical/drug back on January 11th, I finally received and sent back my police clearance on January 27th. How long do you think I'll be waiting for communication regarding documentation and training beginning training ? 

Thanks guys!

It should take you another week or month for all of that stuff to be processed, but @leylandvictory2knows more.