TTC Application Process

ericgu22

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 8:03 PM, Shankl said:

Tbh we don't know anything, but I know that they have a lot of retirement this year, and the ridership might increase by March to at least 50-60% and may be more, you can't predict anything in the mean time 

On 12/9/2020 at 9:24 PM, Jayhyrule said:

Saw that the news that TTC is training subway and streetcar operators on the bus to adjust levels needed for the current situation. Anyone have an idea how this will affect us that are waiting ng for training?

Personally I think this pushes us back even further.

I think they will be starting training in January for new hires. This is what I have heard from my instructor during training 

Just now, Shankl said:

Angi didn't you finish your training in March?

No we were in middle of training when mto office closed. Then we were on light duties for a month then got laid off. We were called back in November and then finished our remaining training.

On 12/9/2020 at 9:24 PM, Jayhyrule said:

Saw that the news that TTC is training subway and streetcar operators on the bus to adjust levels needed for the current situation. Anyone have an idea how this will affect us that are waiting ng for training?

Personally I think this pushes us back even further.

it doesn't really.  you will be put into the mode where you are needed.  Most likely buses.

I guess there won't be any training at the beginning of January? Anyways I know it's been like super quiet here lately. Just wanted to say happy holidays to everyone here, stay safe! And hopefully next year will be better. See you all in the new year. Thanks for the helpful posts

5 hours ago, Jayhyrule said:

I guess there won't be any training at the beginning of January? Anyways I know it's been like super quiet here lately. Just wanted to say happy holidays to everyone here, stay safe! And hopefully next year will be better. See you all in the new year. Thanks for the helpful posts

Probably not with the new lockdown. Who really knows these days anymore. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, first time poster, long time viewer of the board.

Here is how my hiring process turned out. This was back in 2018, but can provide some insight on waiting times:

Applied Online = Around Christmas 2017

Received Invitation for Orientation = January 2018

Orientation = February 2018

Received email for Interview = March 2018

Interview = Early April 2018

References contacted = February and March 2018

Received email regarding passing the interview = April 18th, 2018

Medical = April 23rd, 2018

Received Police Clearance Letter = April 30th, 2018

Medical Results = May 11th

Email for Documentation = June 7th, 2018                                                                           

(cannot remember date of phone call first notifying of Documentation date)

Documentation = June 8th, 2018

Training Call = June 12th, 2018

Training = June 29th, 2018

Completed Training = August 2nd, 2018

With the pandemic drastically changing things all around us, I am not sure how this has impacted the waiting process.

What I can tell you is some colleagues were laid off for 4-6 months in 2020, but were all reinstated by end of November.  

To all that are still going through the TTC hiring process- please continue to be patient!

For some/ most, the wait will be worth it! 

Cheers,

Danny G

?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Francois006 said:

Hey guys just an update!!!

My recruiter just called today and informed my training date will be on April 7th!!!! Bus mode, 

Division upon successful completion of training will be Wilson

Congrats! There was no new documentation or uniform fitting?

I thought there might be a new fitting because the first fitting was almost 1 yr 6months ago and our sizes might have changed lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, Francois006 said:

Hey guys just an update!!!

My recruiter just called today and informed my training date will be on April 7th!!!! Bus mode, 

Division upon successful completion of training will be Wilson

I thought there might be a new fitting because the first fitting was almost 1 yr 6months ago and our sizes might have changed lol

With another lockdown coming to effect at midnight, does anyone think training will be pushed back again?

Looking at the Ontario site, MTO will stay open for classes other than G and M. 

Here’s to hoping everything stays in schedule. 

1 hour ago, Jayhyrule said:

With another lockdown coming to effect at midnight, does anyone think training will be pushed back again?

Looking at the Ontario site, MTO will stay open for classes other than G and M. 

Here’s to hoping everything stays in schedule. 

I don't think they will delay training anymore. I hear they want 500 operators this year to make up for lack of hiring last year. Most of the bus divisions are short staffed.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:58 AM, Tunnelrat said:

I don't think they will delay training anymore. I hear they want 500 operators this year to make up for lack of hiring last year. Most of the bus divisions are short staffed.

I would hope that’s the case. Some of us are coming close to 2 years since the info session where we all accelerated through that side of the process.