TTC Application Process

ericgu22

3 hours ago, Yo_Yo said:

Congrats, now the real work begins.  My advice, keep your mouth shut, only worry about your bus, don't worry about time, and probation will come and go and next step is full rate.

Thank you I will do the same 

Hey all, hoping everyone stays safe during this crazy time. I know this should be the last thing on my mind amidst all the stuff going on in our city and country but I have to ask for opinions. Do you guys think training for those waiting will be delayed further admid all the lockdownd happening?

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Shankl said:

Do you guys think that the ttc would need more operators, and if so , do they gonna think about hiring new ones

Word is there might be some layoffs so if you're still in the process don't expect anything to come up anytime soon 

1 hour ago, Yo_Yo said:

Word is there might be some layoffs so if you're still in the process don't expect anything to come up anytime soon 

Yeah they cancelled the Summer Student program today. A lot of the places I applied for internships also binned those positions for the summer and said to apply again for summer '21.

Quite bummed out, means I'm gonna have to look for another job which almost certainly won't be in a relevant field. That is if I come across one. Still, there's a reason for everything. Perhaps there's something better 'round the corner. 

12 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Yeah they cancelled the Summer Student program today. A lot of the places I applied for internships also binned those positions for the summer and said to apply again for summer '21.

Quite bummed out, means I'm gonna have to look for another job which almost certainly won't be in a relevant field. That is if I come across one. Still, there's a reason for everything. Perhaps there's something better 'round the corner. 

I’m really sorry they ended up cancelling the summer student program. You’re not alone in the fact that im sure a lot of students truly needed the summer job and were looking forward too it. Keep your head up and keep pushing forward. One door closes and a better one will open up. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 7:31 PM, Shankl said:

Do you guys think that the ttc would need more operators, and if so , do they gonna think about hiring new ones

All training including recerts is cancelled for the foreseeable future. If your in the hiring pool don't plan on starting anytime soon. When it does restart the master transfers will take priority. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2020 at 6:53 PM, andyman said:

All training including recerts is cancelled for the foreseeable future. If your in the hiring pool don't plan on starting anytime soon. When it does restart the master transfers will take priority. 

For us new people in the hiring pool, do you think its possible for them to take away our offers? I've come to the conclusion that a full year will pass from my medical date and will have to do it again, but just wondering the possibility if they can pull our offers? Has that ever happened?

Before bracing for the worst case scenario, consider this:

I know firsthand that at least 3 of 13 of my fellow technicians at my division alone-who are on covid leave because they’re over the age of 60/diagnosed co-morbidities etc, are opting to fast track their retirements now, rather than risk their health returning to work before a vaccine is available in the next 18 months or so.

I’d speculate similar scenarios are playing out on the traffic side of the wall, so there may be a significant amount of vacancies emerging, despite reduced service.

7 hours ago, Yo_Yo said:

Fake news you say

IMG-20200423-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200423-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200423-WA0002.jpg

Look,  the layoff announcement wasn't announce until today.  I am not a fortunate teller, I cannot predict the future when somebody said the layoff will happen back then.  Also you have a very good memory.  

I don't know how much seniority you have but I certainly hope you are not at the bottom 1200 in terms of senority.  

Also if i were you, I wouldn't post ttc internal documents online.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys long time since I posted on here. I was hired back in 2017.

hang in there and don’t be discouraged by the layoffs. It is temporary as the operators affected did not have to turn in uniforms or keys.

once the city is up and running again. We will slowly see a return to normal. Transit will be even more needed as with downturn in economy come people not being to afford vehicles, gas or insurance.