TTC Application Process

ericgu22

7 hours ago, Jayhyrule said:

Has anyone here recently finished training or started and would care to share their experience? Would be curious as to if you were successful and how many of your peers were successful as well.

each class is different.  My class had a 100 percent passing rate.  Meanwhile there was a class with 0% passing rate.  Don't worry about the statistic.  Keep driving the best of your ability on the final exam.  Unless your examiner asks you to pull over, you continue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

each class is different.  My class had a 100 percent passing rate.  Meanwhile there was a class with 0% passing rate.  Don't worry about the statistic.  Keep driving the best of your ability on the final exam.  Unless your examiner asks you to pull over, you continue.

Exactly right. Don't worry about how many others passed or failed. Just do your best to learn as much as you can. Listen and ask questions if something is not clear, even if they have to explain it a few times. This is for your own benefit. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 12:19 PM, Jayhyrule said:

Has anyone here recently finished training or started and would care to share their experience? Would be curious as to if you were successful and how many of your peers were successful as well.

My training partner failed day 15. It's unfortunate but it enabled me more 1 on 1 time with my instructor. He also had conflicts with my instructor prior to day 15. We had a new instructor on day 15 and he gave him the 2nd unsatisfactory for running a yellow light. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 9:10 PM, acquahman said:

Anybody have info on the hiring process for TTC Transit Enforcement Unit?

I applied for Fare Inspection in July 2019, interview on September 19, they called references a week afterward. Haven’t heard back since 

If it's anything like the transit opertor process, they will email you if you they will not move forward with you in the hiring process. No news may be good news.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, robert7 said:

Hey,

Does anybody know why the TTC's job posting for Transit Operators was taken down or when it will be back up again? 

R

I don't know anything about TTC, but I do know that Translink in Vancouver took their posting off last December but reposted it again in the New Year according to friends that applied there.  So maybe TTC will be doing the same thing, but thats just a thought.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, TransitRider2013 said:

Hey all, anyone from the November 20, 2019 info session still waiting to hear back or have heard back after reference check yet? 

I just received a conditional offer. Super relieved! If you still haven't received anything yet, don't worry. It seems as though they are working in some order I can't seem to figure out. Another fellow at the session received their offer a week before mine. If you haven't got any news, it's not necessarily bad news. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 8:52 AM, TransitRider2013 said:

I just received a conditional offer. Super relieved! If you still haven't received anything yet, don't worry. It seems as though they are working in some order I can't seem to figure out. Another fellow at the session received their offer a week before mine. If you haven't got any news, it's not necessarily bad news. 

Congrats. When you get through your training you'll have to change that user name. 

• Like 1

Hi Haks810, thanks for sharing your starting date. All the best to you!

So from what I see:

Haks810 offer in in March, documentation was in July, training originally in October, last teaining session, and moved to Jan 2.

Pkshah offer in April, documentation in August, no training date yet.

For me, offer in June, Documentation in October, no training date.

Would it be safe to say, my training date would be 2 months after pkshah?

Pkshah, I'm sure you're close to start training, please do keep us informed when you start.

Happy holidays to all!