TTC Application Process

ericgu22

1 hour ago, NoUse4AName said:

On a side note, first day on the bus and driving was interesting lol, I'm sure my training partner will be pounding back the brews this weekend after how our trainer was with him today yikes it was a scene man, thankfully for myself but not at the same time , I have experience driving a transit bus and how they turn pivot points scanning at starts and stops and brake covering ect but the trainer is expecting a little bit more from me lol but I'm trying to put what I learned before when I got my bus license away and listen to how the TTC teaches and the way they want it done 

I remember during training my instructor would get mad at my partner. When it was my turn to take over I could still feel the stress and negative energy from my instructor being placed on me. Not that I was doing a shit job but just from having to deal with my partner. It was quite stressful for me as well. Hopefully your instructor isn't like that with you. 

My partner failed out on day 15 so from that day on I was alone with my instructor and it was much more calm. 

It's was very stressful for me to see him get yelled at but it was our first day on the bus so I'm not sure what he was expecting of my training partner on the first day on the bus , he didn't put us in any life threatening situations or something that would have crashed the bus , no my instructor was calm with me  for the most part, it's been a while for me driving a transit bus so I had some misperceptions crepp into my head and bad habits where he raised his voice on my first turn in the seat driving but eventually he was sitting in a seat midway through the bus but I still felt the  tension in the air 

1 minute ago, NoUse4AName said:

@havoxIt's was very stressful for me to see him get yelled at but it was our first day on the bus so I'm not sure what he was expecting of my training partner on the first day on the bus , he didn't put us in any life threatening situations or something that would have crashed the bus , no my instructor was calm with me  for the most part, it's been a while for me driving a transit bus so I had some misperceptions crepp into my head and bad habits where he raised his voice on my first turn in the seat driving but eventually he was sitting in a seat midway through the bus but I still felt the  tension in the air 

8 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Getting yelled at is part of the training. You'll be prepared when passengers yell at you. 

I'm hoping that that comment was an attempt at humour.

The only time a trainer should be yelling at a student is to tell them to stop immediately because of a dangerous situation.

37 minutes ago, 9924 said:

The only time a trainer should be yelling at a student is to tell them to stop immediately because of a dangerous situation.

I understand that being yelled at by customers, but a trainer yelling at trainee who is probably already nervous on their first time driving a 40ft deadly weapon through traffic doesn't benefit anyone inside or outside the vehicle 

11 minutes ago, NoUse4AName said:

I understand that being yelled at by customers, but a trainer yelling at trainee who is probably already nervous on their first time driving a 40ft deadly weapon through traffic doesn't benefit anyone inside or outside the vehicle 

Situations where passengers yell at you are very far and between and in the reality, is a non issue for the vast majority of drivers.  The one piece I can give you is your job is what you make it.  If you're gonna be a grumpy old driver on a power trip, you're asking for trouble and it will find you.  Be respectful and courteous and happy, show that you're happy and it'll make the job so much easier.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 9924 said:

Situations where passengers yell at you are very far and between and in the reality, is a non issue for the vast majority of drivers.  The one piece I can give you is your job is what you make it.  If you're gonna be a grumpy old driver on a power trip, you're asking for trouble and it will find you.  Be respectful and courteous and happy, show that you're happy and it'll make the job so much easier.

100% the drivers attitude in most cases will dictate how a customer is with that driver I know there are going to be people it won't matter for but can't worry about them too much 

This is the kind of question maybe I need to decide the answer for myself but some useful feed back is wanted, if this situation I'm facing with an instructor who is less than tactful and is over dramatic and screams and shouts at my training partner would it be better off for me to in my training to seek out a new trainer as management told us we could ? Because I feel even though its not me he is doing it to that it's going to affect my ability to focus on learning during training 

22 minutes ago, NoUse4AName said:

This is the kind of question maybe I need to decide the answer for myself but some useful feed back is wanted, if this situation I'm facing with an instructor who is less than tactful and is over dramatic and screams and shouts at my training partner would it be better off for me to in my training to seek out a new trainer as management told us we could ? Because I feel even though its not me he is doing it to that it's going to affect my ability to focus on learning during training 

Talk to Sal. 

4 hours ago, 9924 said:

Obviously I was being sarcastic ?

3 hours ago, 9924 said:

Yeah tell that to the stupid ***** that called me a f****** bastard and gave me the finger because I played "no eating on the bus" message when she pulled out Tupperware with stinky food and started eating. 

14 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

Talk to Sal. 

Obviously I was being sarcastic ?

Yeah tell that to the stupid ***** that called me a f****** bastard and gave me the finger because I played "no eating on the bus" message when she pulled out Tupperware with stinky food and started eating. 

That is hilarious! Should have told her "ya same to you". I had my trainer tell me I was starting to piss him off...so in my most serious deep tone I yelled "the feeling is mutual!"...good times 

20 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

Yes.  You're only as good as your trainer.  Some people shouldn't be trainers (believe me, I've worked with some of those).  Everyone is different, its all about the interaction with your trainer, kinda like dating.  If you don't connect, it'll be a rocky road.

15 minutes ago, 9924 said:

Yes.  You're only as good as your trainer.  Some people shouldn't be trainers (believe me, I've worked with some of those).  Everyone is different, its all about the interaction with your trainer, kinda like dating.  If you don't connect, it'll be a rocky road.

Yeah buddy has been a trainer for many years not sure how he still is but he is maybe it's the union or maybe its students are afraid to say anything about him I'm not sure obviously 

On 8/8/2019 at 6:41 PM, angi said:

When was ur info session

June 17

On 8/8/2019 at 6:04 PM, NoUse4AName said:

Lol it's part of the experience and it's fun 

I guess. I've averaged out some timelines here that had fast tracked and if mine was similar, I would be starting in a month. But they did mention my group would likely start Dec/Jan. With that long of a wait, it makes me think that they haven't had an info session this or last month. Atleast maybe not fast tracking now since my timeline falls more into the regular hiring process.

5 hours ago, SXL said:

My info session was May 22 and I am still waiting for documentation email as well, lol.

Please post when you do get the documentation email. I and all the lurkers here would like to know as we can have predict a little better when ours are coming in

23 minutes ago, georgepaca said:

Please post when you do get the documentation email. I and all the lurkers here would like to know as we can have predict a little better when ours are coming in

I will for sure. You might even get it before I do. 

Quick question for anyone. I received my letter from MTO approving my medical for "C" license. Do I need to submit this to my TTC recruiter or do they get a copy already? I know the police clearance we have to submit to them, but they didnt mention anything about this. Thanks in advance!

On 8/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, georgepaca said:

June 17

I guess. I've averaged out some timelines here that had fast tracked and if mine was similar, I would be starting in a month. But they did mention my group would likely start Dec/Jan. With that long of a wait, it makes me think that they haven't had an info session this or last month. Atleast maybe not fast tracking now since my timeline falls more into the regular hiring process.

I have documentation August 19th lol too funny, well good thing is I think I get a new photo and maybe they won't put an S on the end of my first name this time around 

Hey everyone, this forum had helped me a lot before I attended my Information Session. I would like to take a quick second to share my timeline so far:

Online application February 12, 2019

Information Session Invitation: May 7, 2019

Session/Interview/Conditional Offer: May 22, 2019

Medical Appointment: June 10, 2019

Received Police Clearance: June 27, 2019

Received MTO medical clearance: July 11, 2019

Email for Documentation: TBD

Training Day: TBD