TTC Application Process

ericgu22

He means master sign up. Basically a big reset button. Everyone has to re bid on jobs based on seniority. It happens when a large number of positions are either created or eliminated simultaneously.

At least, that’s how it works on my side of the wall. Not sure how it exactly works for the operators.

20 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

Rumor of a Master coming in Sept, so we will see how that plays out

New McNicoll division planned for 2020, a bunch of routes reorganized and yes what @Bus_Medic said, based on seniority you re bid on what division to work from, with that being said to new operators you may not stay where you are now or after training 

13 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

You know that there are women that apply too. And tons of timelines have been posted. Just look back a page or two. 

If you are going to let that bother you, you are going to have a hard time... ease up. 

Just now, Bus_Medic said:

Uhh, you mean me?

I already had a B/Z licence under my belt, so I only had to pass the internal TTC exams. 

LOL Yeah YOU @busmechanic I found and very old with you in it pertaining to Air Brakes,  I have my BZ already as well I just forgot to ask my instructor if I heard him right when he told me I would only have to do the TTC inhouse test for Z and the inhouse bus cert And not have to do the hands on testing 

48 minutes ago, NoUse4AName said:

LOL Yeah YOU @busmechanic I found and very old with you in it pertaining to Air Brakes,  I have my BZ already as well I just forgot to ask my instructor if I heard him right when he told me I would only have to do the TTC inhouse test for Z and the inhouse bus cert And not have to do the hands on testing 

You will end up doing the practical air brake procedure everyday in training regardless. Your benefit will be having an understanding of air brakes before you start training.  The most tedious part about training is balancing everything in your life with homework every night. 

2 minutes ago, Zerocool said:

You will end up doing the practical air brake procedure everyday in training regardless. Your benefit will be having an understanding of air brakes before you start training.  The most tedious part about training is balancing everything in your life with homework every night. 

Yeah I know  I will be doing to practical regardless in training not asking but that part , I was just wondering about the day three airbrake testing 

4 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

You'll still be doing a driving test as well which you will need to pass. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, my timeline stands as this:

Info session/Interview/Offer June 17, Medical July 2, Police Clearance Rec'd and sent July 6.

Next step would be an email for documentation? Which would be probably months from now.

My question is do we receive any email/mail/phone call from Medical? I know they submit that to TTC but assuming everything is ok, do I get anything? Any confirmation its good? Or TTC has recieved it? Or is it pretty much just wait for the email for documentation?

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 3:53 PM, FlyerD901 said:

Rumor of a Master coming in Sept, so we will see how that plays out

Maybe not so much of a rumor that it will be in October, in preparation for some movement of some bodies in a year from THIS October and  find  bodies to occupy the new Division in Scarborough which is also rumored to be a jr division upon opening for service.. 

6 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

Maybe not so much of a rumor that it will be in October, in preparation for some movement of some bodies in a year from THIS October and  find  bodies to occupy the new Division in Scarborough which is also rumored to be a jr division upon opening for service.. 

Master sign up starts October 1. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

Mcnicoll is gonna be a junior division? I think not. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

Reaaon why our trainer told us not to get to confortable with the divison we are at

As a newbie you will be placed in accordance to work force levels, so say you are placed in Malvern during training and during Master sign ups other operators transfer to Malvern and fills up you will be bumped out and placed elsewhere, remember with seniority new operators are helpless in where you go.

1 hour ago, havox said:

Mcnicoll is gonna be a junior division? I think not. 

Mcnicoll is going to be a retirement home

3 hours ago, Yo_Yo said:

As a newbie you will be placed in accordance to work force levels, so say you are placed in Malvern during training and during Master sign ups other operators transfer to Malvern and fills up you will be bumped out and placed elsewhere, remember with seniority new operators are helpless in where you go.

Mcnicoll is going to be a retirement home

Relax guys  I'm just quoting a MANAGER from Hillcrest and what he told us in the training class about the master signup, don't shoot the messenger lol loosen your fists of rage lol.. I understand from being in the work force that just because the company or a management says something will happen this way its not actually going to happen the way they said, and he made all of us awear we will be place in a corrdence to the demand of the work force of any given division I think that's what I said  this morning on here, I understand I might be pushed out of malvern.. so again just relax and don't jump down my throat for quoting management.. have a better day 

On a side note, first day on the bus and driving was interesting lol, I'm sure my training partner will be pounding back the brews this weekend after how our trainer was with him today yikes it was a scene man, thankfully for myself but not at the same time , I have experience driving a transit bus and how they turn pivot points scanning at starts and stops and brake covering ect but the trainer is expecting a little bit more from me lol but I'm trying to put what I learned before when I got my bus license away and listen to how the TTC teaches and the way they want it done