TTC Application Process

ericgu22

3 hours ago, georgepaca said:

Has anyone heard of any new info sessions for this month? If so, are they still fast tracking? Asking for a friend who applied after me.

I was at the Feb 7th meeting and got a conditional offer did my medical March 3rd I'm just still waiting for my training start date which is my next step I was told at documentation in may it i might not being getting it till end of July mid August ugh

23 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

I was at the Feb 7th meeting and got a conditional offer did my medical March 3rd I'm just still waiting for my training start date which is my next step I was told at documentation in may it i might not being getting it till end of July mid August ugh

I see. I was at the June 17 info session/interview and they said successful candidates won't start training until possibly Dec/Jan. I was taken back because previous fast tracking seemed like they started training around 3 months after info session. I did my own timeline based on averages here and I thought I'd start mid to late September. With you timeline, assuming medical and police is clear, i'd start dec/jan.

7 minutes ago, georgepaca said:

I see. I was at the June 17 info session/interview and they said successful candidates won't start training until possibly Dec/Jan. I was taken back because previous fast tracking seemed like they started training around 3 months after info session. I did my own timeline based on averages here and I thought I'd start mid to late September. With you timeline, assuming medical and police is clear, i'd start dec/jan.

Well it all depends how smoothly every part of the process goes, some people get caught up in having things they find out in the ttc medical and have to sort them out with their own doctor and get back to the ttc with the findings or they get caught up in the police check and have to make and appointment for fingerprinting not everyone Cruz's through seamlessly..

1 hour ago, Empress_kay said:

Hi everyone

My question is does anyone know the timeline between documentation and training

My documentation was july 3rd

It all depends but they'll give you at least 2 week notice before training starts so you can quit your current job with a 2 week notice. 

On 12/30/2018 at 12:33 AM, Yo_Yo said:

Routes are tough, lots of tight turns, but if you can get through training at Mt.Dennis then you can work any division, you will learn how to drive really fast or you will fail.

Nice to hear lol I just found out today that I will be heading to mount denis after my training lol 

16 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

July 22nd start training and I'm  bus mode and after training I go to mount denis Not being from Toronto not sure if I get hosed by having that Division lol

That's rough. Good luck with training. 

3 minutes ago, Someguy3071 said:

I don't want to go to Mount Dennis even though it's closer and seniority would be better. But yeah good luck. ?

Why what's the big deal?

I don't see the big deal actually about mount dennis other than I live in the east end of scarborough oh and thanks for the sarcastic messages of "good luck" 

1 hour ago, NoUse4AName said:

Why what's the big deal?

I don't see the big deal actually about mount dennis other than I live in the east end of scarborough oh and thanks for the sarcastic messages of "good luck" 

I only said that's rough because Mt Dennis is not close to you at all lol. I live in Scarborough and was lucky enough to get placed at Eglinton. Trust me when I say that it is a blessing to live close to division especially when you'll have splits that are 4 to 5 hours long. And there's no "sarcastic" good lucks given. I do mean good luck.

11 minutes ago, havox said:

I only said that's rough because Mt Dennis is not close to you at all lol. I live in Scarborough and was lucky enough to get placed at Eglinton. Trust me when I say that it is a blessing to live close to division especially when you'll have splits that are 4 to 5 hours long. And there's no "sarcastic" good lucks given. I do mean good luck.

LoL I see ?

Just now, NoUse4AName said:

LoL I see ?

Well I don't get easily worked up or worried more so when I've talked to people who work with other transit agencies around the gta IE ones run by contractors like Miller or transdev or TOK .. I'll grind it out 

7 minutes ago, georgepaca said:

Would declining your first call to training put a bad impression on you? Maybe get flagged as an employee? Probably not, just wondering. Also what is the usual wait if you decline your training first call to training? More than 1 month wait?

I don't know what kind of impression they will have of me .. I'm quoting the person in the email but they said maybe I will be pushed back to the end of this month or longer idk 

2 hours ago, georgepaca said:

Would declining your first call to training put a bad impression on you? Maybe get flagged as an employee? Probably not, just wondering. Also what is the usual wait if you decline your training first call to training? More than 1 month wait?

Not at all. I declined my first offer. Got a call week after with a better offer. 

9 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

Why what's the big deal?

Routes are not great and people in the west end tend to be less nice then east end. But Mount Dennis has many high paying crews so that's a plus. 

On 5/31/2019 at 10:10 AM, Empress_kay said:

Hi everyone 

I am new to this platform and would like to know if anyone that did their interview in march got a date for documentation as yet??

My timeline so far....

Online application November 22, 2018

Assessment/interview march 23rd, 2019

Medical april 8th, 2019

MTO letter approve me for level "B" LICENCE

Any idea how long the process normally takes??

Thanks for y'all help in advance.

I did my medical this past month and when I was filling out the  forms there, i remember the secretary tell me to write "CZ" for what i'm looking to upgrade for.

Is this wrong? Will this slow down my process?

12 minutes ago, georgepaca said:

I did my medical this past month and when I was filling out the  forms there, i remember the secretary tell me to write "CZ" for what i'm looking to upgrade for.

Is this wrong? Will this slow down my process?

Why would it slow you down ? Having CZ or BZ is what they need you to have to drive bus, I have had a BZ for years but I still have to go through the same process in training as someone who is upgrading